Man child picky eaters are scum of the Earth

Man child picky eaters are scum of the Earth

>work in great local restaurant as chef (not cook actual chef)
>waitress comes into kitchen with order
>1 patron wants fillet mignon well done, mashed potatoes and to replace the mushrooms and vegetables with rice.
>his friend wants chicken strips and fries with honey mustard (not on the menu).
>say he must order off the menu
>waitress comes back and he wants the roast chicken breast but instead of vegetables he wants extra mashed potatoes
>both order cola

Is it autism?

Remember, don't concern yourself with what others like to eat and don't be concerned about what others think about what you are consuming. So long as you enjoy your food, have no worries! Your life will be much happier that way.

It's either a fear of trying new things or they've tried dishes like yours and don't like them. Deal with it.

The chicken strips one might be legit retarded, though, trying to order shit that's not on the menu.

Just think of it as an opportunity to use up your junk ingredients that otherwise would have been wasted, while still getting paid for it.

yeah, you have autism, op.

Wow an actual chef

>It's either a fear of trying new things or they've tried dishes like yours and don't like them. Deal with it.
No. No, OP doesn't have to deal with anything. The two retards do. Don't like what the restaurant is serving - don't fucking go there!
Refuse substitutions and be rid of 95% of the scum. Your normal, working, behaved adult guests will thank you for it.

What kind of chef can't make chicken strips? Are you retarded?

Also none of those substitutions are very bizarre. Just swapping around some veggies. Sounds like you're a control freak

>Refuse substitutions and lose 95% of your customers. Your normal, working, behaved adult guests will thank you for it but fail to keep your restaurant afloat.

kys

I'm allergic to mushrooms.

Cook me what I want and I'll pay you for it. Otherwise fuck off and get a real job.

Genuinely curious, are there any substitutions or variations from the menu that don't piss chef's off?

Don't worry, it's only the asshole chefs who have a problem taking orders. And they tend to be vocal, giving a skewed impression.

Lol this fucking manchild

t. cashier

No, entitled fucks think people want THEIR food

If you want something specific don't go to a restaurant that does not serve it. That is why most restaurants have a menu out front.

Or what? There are two possibilities.

>we don't have that, so no
>we have that, so okay

You lose nothing by asking.

Before manchildren come in
>Dammit, this filet and that chicken breast have been in the cooler too long. I'll have to throw them out! What a waste, since I wouldn't dare serve this to my discerning customers!

basically this

customer's always right lrn2business

Sure kid

checked

i am but I disagree customer is always right shit. was just out to dinner with senpai and another senpai. their manlet, who ordered a $30 steak rare, it came, looked rare enough to me. he complained it was overcooked and they brought another. it was fucking blue and he was happy. he was wrong with what he ordered. but when they offered him the overcooked steak to take home as well he jumped at it. how is it ok if its cooked wrong but its free and how is he going to unovercook it? i came to the conclusion he's just a piece of shit.

tl;dr The customer is not always right.

cause you see, repeat business is good for businesses. That will not occur with refusing a customer's requests. You gain more money in the long run be making people happy than by making them angry.

Super Simple Stuff.

>but I disagree customer is always right shit
because you're not a business owner

the customer always right doesn't mean he is literally right, it just means make him happy so he comes back and spends more money. what's a slab of meat if he comes with his friends and orders another dinner?

unfortunately the cunts heard the phraise and didn't grasp the spirit of it, just that they can scream it to get their own way, and fuck over every non-autistic person in the queue with their shit.

I order off-menu at this Japanese resturant occasionally. They have katsu don on the lunch menu, but not on the dinner menu but I'll still ask for it anyways.

Do you think they hate me?

Probably

Yes.
"The customer is always right" was a Selfridge's advertising slogan. Not a store policy, not a way of thinking, not a law of nature.
The VFW I washed dishes at in high school had a sign that said "The customer is always right and we get to decide if you're still a customer." Best way to say it, imo.

Thinking more on it, they more then likely do. They offer soup or salad with their meals but they say you can't have a soup for soup-based menu items (udon, soba, ect ect).

I ordered a sukiyaki to split with a friend, and was told I couldn't get soup with it by the waitress. Kinda puzzled by it, but I let it slide but after talking it over more I asked another passing waitress if that was true. She stammered a bit, but said she'd get me a soup.

Not five minutes later, i could hear the waitress saying, " I asked her (meaning the wife/co-owner of the place), and she said no soup" "I knew it!"

I got douche chills and quit going for a couple months.

>going again at all
If I go to one place and I get the vaguest hint they're fucking with me I leave forever and tell everyone who asks not to go there.

I don't see it like that, maybe having them talk about it outloud like that was a bit much, but I felt like the douche for dragging a second waitress into it.

I love you

If some cunt orders tenders off menu and he gets them and dosen't like them because they aren't breaded the 'right' way. They coukd review your restaurant and say his food was shit because the salt in it didn't burn his mouth the way he likes. In this case doing want the customer wants hurts your business. 'Customer is always right' is a saying only tards take serious.

Understanding other people's way of thinking isn't really Veeky Forums's strong suit.

It only pisses of the pretentious ones. Most don't give a shit.

>Also none of those substitutions are very bizarre
rice and mashed potatoes

>good friend visits from out of state
>its valentines day, so I send them to a nice restaurant that's been featured in food magazines
>Later ask him what he got
>"well, It's not really really the kind of food I eat"
>"I got the chicken burger"
>the next day I wake up
>they wake up shortly after
>before I can even offer to make them breakfast, he has a jar of cold Tostidos cheese dip hes about to eat
>I heat up the cheese dip
>go to a diner place that's good but may serve "the kind of food he eats"
>menu has phillys, rubens, etc.
>he gets a burger
>That night I make fajitas seared on the grill and cooked to a perfect medium-medium rare
>his gf "oh my god user, it's still raw"
>mfw I realize that during their entire stay, he only ate burgers and pizza

What's also annoying as fuck is how much fucking marijuana they smoked. They smoked themselves retarded every fucking day to the point they couldn't have any kind conversation other than "lol dude that's funny". We also tried skiing. His gf completely pussed out because "it's SO fast" and he was almost equally as much of a vagina. By the second day, I was wondering why I'm even friends with these fucking morons.

that's the best way to do it.

>I'm allergic to fruits

I knew a guy who had issues with acidic fruit, a little was alright, but a couple of oranges could make his gums bleed.

It's a restaurant. The cook isn't going to spend 20mins to make things just for you.

If 95% of your customers are autistic neets you've already lost. Better cut your losses, fold and seek other employment.
Functioning restaurant don't survive on trash and fruit baskets.
Eat something without mushrooms in it then, fucktard. The waitress will walk you through the menu. Or the door - choose wisely.
This ↑. Understand this, you fedora wearing cheetofingers.

>Functioning restaurant don't survive on trash and fruit baskets
If they sold them at a huge markup, they would.

they're probably allergic to the things they rejected

you just dont wanna do your job you stupid cunt. You should've just sent them a note saying "I am an asshole" and they would've left and told their friends not to eat there either. What a moron lol. Do you care about doing a good job? You posted here thinking people will approve of your autism? That cringeworthy picture you chose suits you perfectly because I think you actually think it looks badass XD

that business motto is outdated, even in america's shitty capitalist society. putting the customers before your employees makes for an unhappy, inefficient, and all around worse workforce. restaurants who put the employees first and don't assume "the customer is always right" are better to work for, and happier employees often equates to a better dining experience. jsyk.

>they're probably allergic to the things they rejected
Allergic to everything but money mustard.
Allergic to every plant but grain.

Sounds legit.
>your job hurrdurr
A cooks job is not to satisfy random requests from people who are too stupid to buy their tendies at a place that serves them the way they want. His job is to cook for a big room full of many people in an efficient, highly rationalized manner. Which means there is a fixed list of items to pick from to make it at all feasible.

Your comment reeks of neet.

That's not how things work in the real world buddy.

>hurrr durrr people expecting me to do my job are like the worst

How about you get a real job you stupid piece of shit.

>be me in retail
>work backroom not my job to do sales
>out on floor because i need to go to another location
>customer asks me which product she should buy
>HURR DURR NOT MY JOB GO ASK A SALES REP

the thing about working in retail is that the general populous are genuinely retarded and think you're retarded because you work in retail.

>great restaurant
>no custom orders

cool story bro

Nice

If you work in customer service you are a retard.

Grow up

As long as the request is reasonable and doesnt back up the kitchen.

If you want to spend $35 on a well done steak with fries as your side I dont give a shit.

Once a customer requested a "pittsburgh well" filet with fries instead of potatoes and ranch instead of demi.

Wow no one fucking cares. You'll bring the food that you get told to, and you can pout about it if you want. You seem to have a misplaced notion about who is in charge.

You sound retarded.

I didnt say it was a problem. It was an odd request that some cooks would have bitched about, but I really didnt mind making it. Sometimes it switches it up and makes it interesting.

Its the customers money and if you are going to be a bitch about every little request, then you shouldnt be working in the fucking service industry.

>work in local fast food chain
>customers come to order
>customer 1 wants a cheeseburger without pickles
>wants to replace his fries with chicken nuggets
>wants to replace his soda with milkshake
>uses a coffee+cake coupon and replaces the coffee with cola
>customer 2 wants salt on her fucking sandwich
>wants to replace her fries with a salad
>wants to replace her soda with juice
>wants to replace her ketchup with mayo
>wants to replace her ham with trouffle
>uses a hamburger coupon twice
>asks for the first burger to be replaced with a salad and the fries to be replaced with a salad and the second burger to be replaced with donuts and the drinks to be replaced with smoothie and coffee and replaces coffee with tea and fries with soup and wants meatloaf instead of tomatoes

autism

I mean, it sounds ridiculous but it's the natural consequence of highly formated menus that fast food restaurants enforce, why should a restaurant force me to have fries and a soda if I get a burger, they dont really force you but slant the price of combos so it's economically irrational to not get them. I get that they need to do that to control inventories and keeping costs down but as a consumer it makes you worse off, so its natural that (god forbid) the customer can switch around the items in a combo so it suits his preferences.

That said I pretty much only eat at standard non chain restaurants where just asking for rice instead of fries or to add a fried egg to the dish isn't an issue at all, they have an actual kitchen (not reheating/thawing stations) so they can cook a damn egg or boil some potatoes or whatever if needed

I just throw the drink on the ground to teach them about basic economics. I never want their sugar water but it nonsensically costs like three or four bucks less to get a soda so of course i get it.

Replace her teeth with your cock, user

>Order a burger well done
>get it medium
>retard chef doesn't know that ground beef is literally salmonella heaven. if it turns out like a puck just throw in more fat and add an egg, faggot.
>send it back
>get another burger
>better be well done
>take a bite, it better fucking be well done
>medium
>unsurprisingly, shits for days.

I now cut into literally every burger I order.

Chefs are untrustowrthy scum. You put a health warning about undercooked meat on the menu, you abide by the fact that it is a health warning that mentions the possibility of serious illness and recognize that some people may not want to take the chance of missing work because they're a yellow fountain from both ends of the digestive tract and sometimes the nostrils.

>stomach has been weakened from years of only eating overcooked food
>food that has any actual trace of the original enters system
>system is unable to cope

Sadly it costs them virtually nothing, they mix the concentrate and sparkling sugar water, I just get a beer most of the time it goes with fast food much better imo, i rather have 40cl of beer than a liter of sugar water

>mfw i've eaten my burgers medium for 23 years and have never once gotten sick from one
>mfw beef in the US has a less than .001% chance of containing any bacteria or contaminants
>mfw I eat my steaks rare

I eat my steaks rare, but fuck that ground shit. You're not eating meat fresh off a locally raised cow and running it through your own person grinder seasoned with local dirt like some paleo faggot. It's weeks old shit that's been manhandled, thrown around, sliced with blades that just sliced a hundred other cows, and ran through a massive industrial grinder that's cleaned once a day (if that) - all somewhere so far from you that definitely has a strain of something you have never contracted before.

Beef is normally thick enough to remain clean in the center despite that, but once ground all bets are off.

then why would you order a burger?

What burger place are you going to, that they don't grind their own beef? You sound like a frail man-boy, who forgot their hand sanitizer at home.

Because it was ordered well done

Apparently one that grinds their own beef but also seasons it with locally sourced organic dirt

The 'gourmet' burger business has invaded my town, what a waste of meat
Why would you grind it up if it isnt the shittiest of cuts
I wish people here would think for themselves instead of falling for every american meme they've seen in movies

I wish I could blame the jews but this is just plain ol stupidity at work

>you dont get it man it's ground kobe beef that's why it's $50 for a 1/8thlb patty and it's raw in the center
>that's also why the only other thing between the buns is a piece of seaweed
>if you don't like japanese minimalism go to mcds okay

Im all for minimalism in food, if you have the best and freshest ingredients the cooking process and seasoning should be simple to just display the flavour as purely as possible

As in DONT GRIND UP A PIECE OF MEAT THAT IS ALREADY TENDER

(And yes I realise you arent being serious, its just a continuation)

Steak sandwich with carmelized onions, mushrooms and bernaise has always been superior to burgers.

Just give the mouthbreathers what they pay for, you fucking idiot. That's your job.

Kek. Preach.

I cut my own steaks and grind the ends and eat delicious medium rare burgers

>Get order.
>Steak, well done.
>Fat trimmed off.
>No seasoning.
>Cubed.
>Fucking cubed.
>This faggot wants me to burn his meat and CUT IT FOR HIM.

>actually cooked meat
>no disgusting fat
sounds good to me

The big secret is that everybody is a retarded asshole, on both sides of the window/counter.

i mean... while i agree with the sentiment, that is in fact EXACTLY what a chef/cook does..

Make sure the chef tells the owner that when the customers leave because he didn't want to bend the menu.

It's not like they're asking you to part the fucking red sea when they ask for a substitution you already fucking prepare for other items to begin with.

>WHAT
>you want me to fuckin cut the food?!?
>omg
>I can't even...
>WHO DO YOU THINK I AM???
>DO I LOOK LIKE SOMEONE WHO WORKS FOR MONEY TO YOU?

No, he makes multiple dishes at a time. He doesn't spend 20 mins focused your shit making it from scratch.

I'm going to open a gourmet restaurant with delicious, high quality food at 2/3 the price it would go for anywhere else. No skimping, no cutting corners, all genuine and all delicious.

But the kid's menu, the pizza, the plain burgers and the chicken tendies we also offer will each be priced $500 a serving. I want to see how many retarded manchildren who don't look at menus I get to rob blind.

if everyone got a """""""real job"""", then we'd have nobody to cook food for shitty entitled customers

This is why cooks hate substitutions. Yeah, maybe substitute a couple of things (that we already make), that's fine. But if you're going to go all out and make it to where your meal is unrecognizable from the original menu item, you can fuck right off and make that shit yourself at home.

The only part that truly bothered me is that a fast food chain would offer meatloaf

I'm not your fucking mother, we provide you with steak knives.
CUT IT YOUR DAMN SELF!

>ITT: Entitled Restaurant "chefs" complain about doing their fucking job

>I'm not your fucking mother
why do u make my food then lmao

It is not a cooks job to make you something off menu.

Whenever I go to jack in the box with one my roommates, he always orders those 50 cent tacos. He usually asks for no lettuce, but sometimes he forgets or the employees accidentally put in the lettuce anyways. Whenever that happens he refuses to eat the taco and goes up to the counter to asks for a refund or replacement. Am I wrong to think that he's a little bitch?

no, you're right
i'd tell him every jew refund he gets for his own mistake is getting added on to his portion of rent lmfao

What the fuck kind of restaurant makes all of their mashed potatos with mushrooms in. Are you stupid? You make a batch of mash and then you prep it however you need it.

What are you replying to?

And as for your question, I suppose a restaurant that has exactly one dish with a mushroom puré/foam that uses the mash for texture might have their mushroom siphon mixture made up beforehand. But again, what in the fuck are you talking about? Are you high? A-are you ok, a-user? S-should I call s-someone for you? *backs away slowly*

What kind of Man eats in a restaurant?

Not me, and I'm as manly man as you could possibly manly be.