What in the actual fuck is this company?

Is this the greatest hustle of all time? I just paid $6 for some mediocre smores cookies yet I can't help but appreciate the business model. The Girl Scouts of America basically relies on child labor to sell cookies. Everything else like the camping and the friendship bracelets are second to that goal.

Money talks,

the smores cookies are utter shit. try a samoa.

but you can buy knock off girl scout cookies at savalot or walmart. same shit. not hard to make cookies.

>'''cookies'''
they're inedible garbage, I wish there was a way to just give them a donation and get them out of my face, instead I have to throw out the cookies myself

The girls get a marketing badge for selling these things at a markup too. They're not even hiding it.

Idiot. Just hand them a $10.00 bill and close the door. Dumbass, no one eats that stale tasteless garbage anyway.

welcome to murrica

My nigga

Obsessed

here's a tip:
Whatever cookies they sell you can buy much better versions at any grocery store for a third of the price.

Its a non-profit you fucking retard. You're basically making a charitable donation.

They are good cookies but a lot of snobs don't think so

I have a few different boxes, any idea what i should do with them?

the more important fact is the girlscout bakery is a subsidiary of keebler, and there is a keebler equivalent of all girl scout cookies made with the same recipe available all year round. Twice the amount for half the price

IMO it's worth the price. Sometimes I'll even give them a little more money for a little something extra. ;)

I don't know. I genuinely don't get why people go apeshit over thin mints like that. maybe it's a meme? the funny thing is that I've never seen an actual girl scout in my fucking life but everyone and their mom buys and talks up the cookies every year.

Thin Mints and Smores are lit
Fuck yall

Preying on the guilty thoughts of paedos.
Just tell them to fuck off unless you're trying to cure your conscience.

>tfw Americans buy cookies sold by little girls so they don't feel as bad about buying and eating disgusting unhealthy garbage that makes them fat
I'm definitely more shocked than obsessed at this point

When you're a boy scout and you get to sell this glorious shit.

I haven't had it since I was a cub scout can anyone tell me their thoughts on it? I fear I may have been peddling garbage too.

Are they really $6 now? They were $4 last time I checked.

Why does the box day Samoas but the cookie is a caramel delite? Samoas aren't hexagons.

The boyscouts here sell bagged popcorn which is ridiculous expensive.

Like, $20 a bag for a mediocre flavored popcorn.

"mediocre" is 2017 numales "tips fedora". See it spammed everywhere a numale want to sound like an expert. It's easy, say "it's mediocre" then state your feelings. Nobody can't counter you you win! (on redddit at least)

Legit you can get the same cookie from Big Lots for way cheaper.

Obviously. Keebler is better and ~$2.50

The actual popcorn with the vegetable (((butter))) was really, really bad

The caramel and chocolate popcorns were fucking amazing, nobody from my troop wanted to participate because the prizes in florida were awful though

I paid $8 for two boxes last week, OP got hustled by some little girls

You arent paying for the quality or ingredients

You are paying to support girl scouts which teaches values and shit

"values and shit"
Look, dude. I was both a girl scout and a venture scout, which is an offshoot of the boy scouts that girls can join. I didn't learn shit in girl scouts besides that you don't do anything interesting there, and selling stuff nets a good profit for the organization that bores you to death. Venture scouts? Knot tying, sailing, camping, camp grilling, etc.

>lit

kys you'reself pham

Samoas are the only good ones, and you can get generic store brand at less than half the price year round.

I like the Samoas and Thin Mints.

Made a big mistake this year and got a box of Tagalongs. Do not recommend.

Non-profit means the company reinvests the money into itself i.e. sweet bonuses for the CEO you fucking retard

You can get off brand versions for so much cheaper

I agree, it just teaches little girls to become whores.
In my house we call them whore cookies.

>OMG Y DO MEN OBJECTIFY MEN IT'S SOOO SEXIST LIKE WTF
>Women proceed to encourage young girls to sell shit to people based on their looks
"Values" meaning absolutely nothing. Conservatives just scream this whenever they want to defend any of their idiotic practices or condemn those of people who aren't bible-thumping morons

objectify women**

Replying to the correct post edition

Good goy

My sister was a girl scout for pretty much all of her childhood, and I had to help sell them a few times. In general, I think the whole practice is kind of sketchy, and I don't support it. For the most part, people involved with the organization do it on a volunteer basis, and meeting spaces are also usually donated. To be a girl scout requires fees for uniforms and stuff that troops usually don't see. And selling cookies is mandatory, even though the girls selling them don't usually see much of a reward from it (except for maybe a discounted rate at camp if they sell a shitload). So, most of that money probably goes to executives. And the whole process involves teaching children to manipulate adults (the organization knows people only buy them because girls are cute, and they tell girls how to exploit that) and shill for things in a way that I'm not entirely comfortable with. Especially because I know that a lot of the girls doing the selling didn't really want to be doing it in the first place. A lot of girls in my sister's troop really hated this time of the year, because it meant spending their weekends standing outside of a store (sometimes in the cold) and uncomfortably asking adults for money.

And on top of that, they're really not worth the ridiculous price they go for now. It all seems too exploitative to me.

>trefoils and peanut butter

Try it

>girl scout cookies
>living in suburbia
wew lad. feels good to live in a city.

WOW DUDE I BROWSE REDDIT TOO LOL SICK LIFE HACK

Holy fuck you people are dumbasses. Girl Scouts exists to foster camaraderie/respect between young girls, teach them valuable interpersonal skills, and the cookie sales provide funding for their activities and the humanitarian interests they represent/engage in.

Bullshit walks.

lol hate for reddit is on point

they're so cringeworthy and elitist.

There are also places that sell just plain cookies for much less.
But you don't get to fuck any girl scouts which is pretty lame.

You mean kike whore indoctrination?

>MUH REDDIT XDDD

What intelligent insight you have.

he's not wrong

>agrees just cos the guy has more charisma

t. little jenny

Girl Scouts are cheap babysitting for girl children for parents suspicious of males.

>hi mister, im a little whore, do you want to buy my whore cookies?

t. Jessica

>teaches little girl children to be subservient and obedient and excel at certain activities for little cloth patches of little or no consequence.

Good goys, keep sending your little girls which we will train into the perfect little daughter sluts.

what the fuc

I swear you're both pedophiles

Girl scouts are a grooming organization

you're a grooming organization. you're literally accusing little girls of being whores

Learn some reading comprehension. I'm accusing the girl scouts of grooming them into being little whores.

There is a difference.

>hastily tries to explain himself

>Explain himself on an anonymous shitposting board
Whats wrong with being a pedophile, newfag?

wow you really feel strongly about that word

*tips fedora*

t. numale

The Carmel corn is the worst Carmel popcorn I've ever had the displeasure of eating

you just outed yourself you stupid piece of shit

But user, I am you.

>grooming organization

More an indoctrination into the exclusive tribal nationalism constructed on the hypocritical "American values" of god, patriotism, exceptionalism and guns.

this

the other guy is just a pedophile trying to associate everything with his pedophilia

and cookies, dont forget cookies.

>pedo
Man, when you say they are a grooming organization I mean that all the little girl scouts grow up to be sluts.But you stupid cucks went straight to pedophilia accusations. Good job.

kys pedo

Ok pedo

ok pedo

t.pedo

t. pedo

Fuck that. My son had to sell those and "meat sticks" did make me smile hearing him ask the moms if they want a meat stick

t. pedro

t. pedro

>Kek

Wait, so anyone who acknowledges that the girlscouts is teaching children to be whores is a pedo?
Nice work keeping the status quo going with shaming .

The keebler version is superior

I don't those people are pedo. I think they're retarded conspiracy theorists.

the cookies are kind of exclusive.

so you buy them for exclusive cookies, and how to teach girls how to market/deal with rejection and all the other lessons you learn from knocking on strangers doors and trying to sell them stuff.

i dont think of it as a hustle since im not being tricked or anything

You make it sound so innocuous
Its not.

Please explain.

Please read the whole thread.
The money goes to the execs and not camping.

Thank you I have been enlightened.

>Shaming
Go back to tumblr you fat fuck.

>make cookies for $0.25 a box
>have little girls sell the cookies for $6 a box
>give little girls $1 for every box they sell
>pocket $4.75 for every box sold

Yeah it's pretty fucked up. I would never buy that shit for any reason.

That company is Keebler btw.

Rgh

>And selling cookies is mandatory

This should be the biggest red flag right here.

>give little girls $1 for every box they sell
Do you have any evidence this actually happens? I don't remember my sister getting anything for selling cookies, except a badge, the possibility of reduced fees for camp, and maybe a few trinkets. She certainly didn't get any actual money for it.

To be more clear, it's not technically mandatory (no one makes anyone sell cookies, or penalizes them for not doing it), but the pressure from the troop leaders is so high that no one really refuses.

Be honest, how many girl scouts have you fucked? You fucking creeps.

WOW DUDE IM A FRIENDLESS AUTISTIC LOSER THAT SPENDS 60 DOLLARS ON COOKIES TOO SICK BRO XDDDD

cant they be both?

Mint thins and Samoas are ghod tier.

>The cookies are not made from 100% real girl scouts

nice post dude! you TOTALLY showed them!