As far as lager beers go, is heiny one of the better ones?

as far as lager beers go, is heiny one of the better ones?

we all know lagers are shit, but if you needed to drink one...

Beer tastes bitter; it isn't good and i'm 27 so don't retort with "grow up."

delete

heine's main appeal is that it's absolutely everywhere, consistent and always decently cheap despite not tasting like ass

san miguel, any other answer is incorrect.

>absolutely everywhere

I haven't seen Heineken in a bar in oven a decade.

Heineken is fucking disgusting.
Would honestly take a Bud Light over Heineken any day.

>heiny

>We all know lagers are shit
Objectively false, you can't write off half of all beer like that my man
Grow up

Heineken is shite

Good ones are Czech pilsner or German Helles like Augustiner or Paulaner.

As far as major macro lagers

Kronenbourg > Tiger = San Miguel > Amstel > Stella > Becks > Budweiser = Fosters > Heineken > Carslberg > Red stripe > Tuborg > Carling

Fosters, you missed Fosters but is it above or below Carling.

>French larger

Beck's for that hoppy smell when opened. Stella for when you other half fall over in the bath/open a door into her own face/tripped over a step.

Sorry just seen Fosters but that high up! Senpai!

Never understood the problem people have with generic lagers. They're nice. You shouldn't feel ashamed for enjoying a product that has been meticulously designed to be enjoyable. Personally find Heineken to be one of the worst though.

The Chinese and Indian ones tend to be a bit better, like Tsingtao and Cobra. Not sure why. Maybe it's just the association from having them repeatedly with Chinese/Indian food.

Stella is good but has the wifebeater connotation. Budweiser is a nice one.

Heineken is shit OP. However, we can't give specific recs unless we know were you live. Drink craft pilsners or if you're going macro, do what said. The only cheap and good-tasting lagers come out of Europe. Every big brewery in other places brews it for ease of drinking instead of taste. Shit, most Euro lagers are brewed for ease of drinking.

>You shouldn't feel ashamed for enjoying a product that has been meticulously designed to be enjoyable.

I think there's something to the "shame" thing since a lot of people just drink muh craft beer because of peer pressure, but please understand some people actually can taste the differences between beers and when I don't like a beer it's because I don't like what it tastes like, not because I'm ashamed of it

There are lighter styles of beers that are occasionally produced by reputable manufacturers, that actually taste good. But in America we're still going through the effects of post-prohibition trauma. The macro wave that swept the nation is being "resisted" by buying x-TREEEM beers loaded with sugar, alcohol, and hops. Less boozy, syrupy, and bitter beers are disdained by the "shame" people as being pisswater. I mean what do they know? They just do what they were told and they were told x-TREEEM is good and therefore everything else is pisswater.

So the more delicate stuff is tough to sell. It exists, but you have to look harder for it. A small brewery struggling to survive isn't going to risk it. They'll make what sells: DIPA supercharged with a barrel of pine cones and decorated with swear words on the label. That's their lifeline, the industry is too competitive to take risks until you're bigger. Give it another 20-30 years and this misconception about lighter beers will hopefully die out, but it takes time.

in before I'm banned for having wrong opinions (aka "trolling" as the mods like to put it)

For me its becks, the best pleb lager

Lagers are good though

Agreed. I'm a beer snob I guess, mainly drink ipas but I grew up on the east coast so Yuengling will always have a special place in my heart. Never miss a chance to pick up a 12 pack if I see them

>i don't know what's considered good, but lol i know what's shit

Is it true that Heineken is marketed as a premium and expensive/high class pilsener in the US?

Because here in the Netherlands, where it comes from, it's not. It's also only slightly more expensive than other comparable Dutch pilseners in the supermarkets.

Depends on what you mean by "marketed as"

Like any product the advertising will unabashedly say "it's the best", this happens even with goods that are aimed at low income plebs.

It isn't currently considered fancy, although prior to maybe the early 1990s it was considered fancy because the craft beer revolution hadn't happened yet. At that time it was probably considered to be on par with Coors, Yuengling, Leinie's, and other regional macros, which in turn were considered to be above Budweiser and Molson.

You might run into some older working class men who still think of Heineken as fancy but it's pretty rare.

It's marketed heavily over here and they do tend to tout it as a premium beer; but is priced at the same level as nearly all of the major imported beer (e.g Guinness, Pacifico, Newcastle, St. Pauli's, etc...).

I've never spent more than $8~9 USD for a 6-pack of it.

It isn't even one of the better lagers from the Netherlands.