Only freaks don't like meat loaf, meat loaf is delicious

Only freaks don't like meat loaf, meat loaf is delicious

There is the old saying "if you don't like meat loaf you never had good meat loaf", but I've never had bad meat loaf, it's a tasty simple dish and only a complete retard could manage to make meat loaf that actually tastes offensive, meat loaf is just good

I think the idea that meat loaf is bad comes purely from media and cartoons, much like broccoli

Other urls found in this thread:

mrfood.com/Misc-Meat-Recipes/How-To-Make-Meatloaf-Our-Best-Meatloaf-Recipes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I never eat meatloaf. Not because I think it's bad, but because it's boring and I can always find something more interesting to eat. I've never been a fan of the formula: slab of meat + potatoes + 2 token veg = meal. That's not my kind of eating.

>That's not my kind of eating.
What a faggot.
I am with you OP, if the special is meatloaf, i do not need to see a menu.

Life is too short to eat boring food.

Nothing boring about meatloaf mate.
Whats boring is you predictably falling for an old meme from the 50s.
You have no imagination and do not think for yourself.

I once made a meatloaf but somehow managed to leave the paper backing from the ground lamb inside my meatloaf.

t. retard

everyone i've ever known that made it, added uncooked large chunks of onion and pepper, as if they were somehow unaware that they would not cook soft in the process of baking and would just become nasty crunches in the middle of a 'loaf'.

The Brit formula of meat, potatoes and two veg is what I'm bored with. Had more than enough meals like that as a child and just don't find it interesting anymore. So I don't eat like that.

They simply didn't dice them fairly enough then, I agree that can be problematic, same as tuna salad, the veggies involved need to be FINELY chopped

Come to america friend.
We dont follow strict formulae but we sometimes eat meat with potatoes.
Meatloaf here has all kinds of crazy shit in it.
Also american women will have sex with you just because your british.
Its uncanny.
I see nerdy brits that would NEVER pull hot tail in london, absolutely slay here in the states.

Or sauteed beforehand .
Better to make a nice mirepoix and mix it in

>no mirepoix in loaf
>HFCS tomato product on top of it

Disgusting..

OP thanks for reminding me that monday is meatoaf day at the expat bar in town.
I will enjoy lunch and a nice conversation with salty americans.
Is monday meatloaf day everywhere?

I'm American. I just happened to grow up in a family where the formula for most meals was meat, potatoes and two vegetables. 18 years of eating like that was enough. I liked meatloaf just fine as a kid, but don't have any interest in it as an adult. Beyond an occasional burger I almost never eat ground beef. It's just not all that interesting to me.

>no meatballs
>no beef sausage
>no spaghetti bolognese
>no Jamaican beef patties

Swan dive off the nearest overpass into oncoming traffic, please.

Hmmm yes, I would eat your meat loaf

How do I make moist meatloaf? Mine always turns out a little dry.

My point is I ate a lifetime's worth of ground beef growing up. There are more interesting things out there.

Meatloaf meatloaf, double beatloaf.
I hate meatloaf!

You obviously haven't grown yo in the Midwestern United States. I grew up with that being the core of every meal, and now meals feel incomplete of they do not follow that breakdown.

First you need a fatty mince.

Do you guys like to make sandwiches out of your meatloaf? I like to do it when it's left over. Throw on a little mustard, little mayo, maybe some cheese if you like. Delicious.

>I grew up with that being the core of every meal
I did too here in the Northeast. But by the time I was a teenager I was pretty tired of that. It probably happened because that's when I had some friends whose parents or grandparents were immigrants, and dinner at their houses was a lot more interesting than dinner at mine. So when I learned to cook I cribbed more stuff from their mothers than my own.

>not liking the crunch to break up the otherwise monotonous texture

C'mon, man!

Probably similar to getting a tender moist meatball. Soak some day old bread in milk and mix that in with the meat. My meatballs were immeasurably improved in texture after I started doing that.

Meatloaf is fucking dank.
Almost as dank as pork faggots.

I'm also a meat loaf lover but I have definitely had bad meat loaf before. For some reason one day for god knows what reason I felt like having golden corral and the meatloaf there was horrid

It's alright user, I more or less agree with you. I rarely eat ground meat as well, and if I do, it's shepard's pie on a cold night.

Your meatloaf hate thread makes me sad. It doesn't have to be boring. You just never gave it a chance.

If i can make make it to the corner bar here in mexico without passing out from this horrible allergy attack, i will post the meatloaf special

Can Tumblr try-hards get off this board please. It's embarrassing.

Meatloaf sucks and so do you

Why do you say mean things online
Ur mom would cry

Has someone got a good meatloaf recipe without the ketchup? Hate the stuff

I used to make it for a convention center and we would really saute all the veggies until they were completely soft. Onions, celery, carrots, throw in garlic at the very end. For bread crumbs I used oatmeal instead. People would eat that stuff up. Just need to make sure you season it well enough with salt & pepper in the mix. And yes I put ketchup on top when baking.

one time my dad made meatloaf, and since we were of of worchestershire he subbed in a 1/2 cup of soy sauce instead because "they're kind of the same thing."

It was a bad meat loaf, trust me

°out of

I just substitute barbecue sauce for ketchup. Still not great, but tastes better than ketchup.

>make meatloaf
>dont add ketchup

Anybody interested in my buffalo chicken meatloaf?

That's how I do my meatloaf. Shit is cash.

I've seen this also, I believe it's the teeth. Something about bent yellow zoobies.....Works every time

Use tomato sauce instead of ketchup, then?

i've only had meatloaf 2 or 3 times in my life. didn't try it for the first time til i was 21 i think. and i'm american.

Check it out loafsters

mrfood.com/Misc-Meat-Recipes/How-To-Make-Meatloaf-Our-Best-Meatloaf-Recipes

to be fair, i think it can be made to be pretty outstanding and not so boring.
i'm a meat and potatoes person, unlike yourself, but meatloaf is something i make quite rarely. i just don't have any non-traditional recipes and haven't bothered to look up any.