Are "ceramic/titanium" cooking utensils any good?

Are "ceramic/titanium" cooking utensils any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbPWitSTe2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why the fuck would you use ceramic cooking utensils? I can't think of a single property of ceramic that would make it a good utensil

Nope, they suck.

It's a coating, user. For people who are afraid of PTFE.

>Nope, they suck.
why do they suck?

Oh, ok, I thought we were talking about utensils as in forks, knifes, spoons, ladles, etc... not cookware.

I was wondering why the fuck you'd want a fork to be made out of ceramic.

Ceramics are good for spice grinders.

Talkking about pots and pans. Specifically titanium with ceramic coating

plz respond

I have a ceramic pan and it's okay for medium heat stuff, great for eggs with coconut oil or pan steaming veggies

It's dreadful for high heat, burns way too easily and you can't use metal spatulas with it or you'll chip the coating

is it a titanium pan with a ceramic coating or just a classical ceramic pan?

It's titanium

advertised to not scratch, still scratches

>RIPIP McGrizzles wagecucks.
no idea what you meant by this, but I just got a set for free and wanted to know their properties.

It's funny because ceramic is used to cut stuff on an industrial level due to how sharp it can be made. Its main disadvantage is that it's very brittle.

>It's funny because ceramic is used to cut stuff on an industrial level due to how sharp it can be made
ceramic can't be made sharper than other things. it holds it's edge well and is very cheap and has some special applications, but the fact that you can't resharpen it normally makes it shit tier for most people.

Fun to made mugs with I'm really loving this mug

>cooking utensil
>cooking with a mug
is this tumblr? who refers to a mug as a cooking utensil? because you can make instant brownies in them?

Inb4 someones butthurt about not using cast iron

>why do they suck?

They simply don't deliver the results they claim.

A titanium coated pan does nothing. It's no more nonstick or more durable than any other pan.

A ceramic pan has worse nonstick properties than a teflon pan does.

Nobody makes a pan out of titanium. It would cost many hundreds if not thousands of dollars. The "titanium" is probably titanium nitride, a coating that is only a few atoms thick.

Ceramic pan may not be as nonstick as teflon, but it also doesn't have the toxic properties.

I like the ceramic pan that I cook stir fry on.

Teflon doesn't have toxic properties either, unless you're a complete retard and literally burn it.

That's like saying you want to avoid using a knife because you might cut your arm off with it. Technically possible? Yes. But something that might have a reasonable chance of happening? No.

youtube.com/watch?v=sbPWitSTe2k
see for yourself

SACH A GUD NOIFE

"ceramic/titanium" in quotes because it's one thing, a ceramic coated titanium cooking utensil, not a ceramic or a titanium cooking utensil.