The UK helped win World War II. In theory

The UK helped win World War II. In theory.

The cucumber sandwich is one of their signature dishes.

Are they as disgusting as I think they are?

How about a recipe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xIXX0c01kCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

>british royal cuisine

O B E S E D
B
E
S H A R T
E
D I A B E T E S

bread
salad cream
cucumber
salad cream
bread

there you go, cucumber sandwiches, they're as "meh" as they sound. It's basically just a sneaky way to justify eating salad cream.

a nice cool treat for a summer day

what in the ever loving hell is salad cream?

A delicious treat that's fun to eat.

Proper one is just salt, cucumber and butter on a very delicate bread.

It's a sandwich spread. It's like the British equivalent of Miracle Whip; almost mayonnaise, but not quite.

Nope.

Anyone who says this is lying to help hide the secret truth, cucumber sandwiches are literally just a vehicle for consuming salad cream in large quantities.

You forgot vinegar

Salad cream is a WWII meme, it's there it give tang an intentionally 'bland' food.

OP the point of the cucumber sandwich is to provide a 'cheap' filling food that doesn't overwhelm the palate to eat along side your 'worth more then gold let me show you how rich I am by sharing my tea' tea.

white bread rolled thin
peeled english cucumber, cut into thin slices & salted for 10-20 min before sandwich prep
unsalted butter (if you wanna be fancy mix w/ herbs)

Honestly it's just a refreshing snack that won't spoil your appetite for dinner. God mode if made right. Also try watercress/radish instead of cucumbers

>delicate bread

You pretentious cunts. The only thing delicate about you britbongs is how obsequiously you gave away an empire.

what the hell

A bit of marmite really jazzes it up too.

Why not mix in broken glass too since we're apparently now set on trying to ruin perfectly good food.

I'll grant that simplicity is generally better, but a cucumber sandwich without marmite is tragically naked to me.

With opinions like that I can't help but find your face is tragically naked without my fist lodged firmly against it.

Careful you don't get any marmite on your hand. I'll be sure to have consumed some pre-facefisting.

That was my reaction too o.O haha.

Just another one of the horrible things leaking into our world from the Bowling Green Massacre timeline.

This is all /pol/'s fault for awakening Kek.

Cucumber sandwiches are actually delightfully refreshing.
My company caters lunch a lot and theres always a huge fucking plate of those things, eat them like candy. I feel so fully yet light.

Cucumber sandwiches once sunk my boat.

A suicidal captain afflicted by "sea madness" once sunk my boat.

Cheese and cucumber sandwiches with salad cream.

Ishmael pls

Cucumber sandwiches are one of the essential basic sandwiches, right up there with summer ripe tomato sandwiches and watercress sandwiches. For that matter, cucumber sandwiches are also better when the cucumbers are summer ripe.
>good, white bread (I like a sourdough myself), crusts cut off if you want to be proper, but I don't always bother with that.
>some people just use butter on the bread, I like using cream cheese, and some people use mayo or salad cream. Of all those, like I said, I prefer a light layer of cream cheese, and my other choice would be butter. I'd skip the mayo or salad cream.
>thinly sliced cucumber, lightly dressed with salt at least 30 minutes before using. This allows any bitterness to leave the cucumber. If you are using seedless (english) cucumber or persian cucumbers, you don't have to peel and seed them. If you are using regular garden cucumbers, peel and seed them.
>spread softened cream cheese or salted butter on your bread, add sliced cucumber, and top with another piece of bread that has been spread.
>cut into sticks or triangles
>eat with good tea.

It's a summertime staple lunch or afternoon tea snack, and a delicious way to eat fresh vegetables.

nice little snack to have with your tea

>I like a sourdough myself
opinion discarded

>can't appreciate a tangy sourdough

It's like you hate life.

Well its like your sour cream that you put on nachos except its more sour.

You know it might have mayo in it, I'm not sure.

>I cant eat sandwiches without bacon and melted cheese general

Also, put some prawn cocktail in that sandwich and you got a top tier afternoon tea sandwich

They suck.

Fuck that shit. Here is the thinking man's cucumber sandwich.

Honestly if done right they are pretty damn good, much better than I was expecting when I made them the first time.

The trick is good butter, the cultured stuff if you can get it.

Basically butter both slices, line with cucumber, salt and pepper, salt flakes if you have em.

Cucumber sammiches with mayo and jam are GOAT

Can confirm

I like them, mayo, salt , pepper, cuke.
or cream cheese instead of mayo.

>cucumber sandwiches for tea, mummy?
>a violent brawl

Pick one

I LIKE THEM LIKE THIS
youtube.com/watch?v=xIXX0c01kCA

Was literally eaten purely for status; cucumbers were rare as fuck and aristocrats needed everybody know they were loaded.

Cucumber with cream cheese is pretty good, it's a light snack. I think mayo would be gross. If no cream cheese, I would not eat it. Bread and cucumber would just be a vehicle for the cream cheese.

These two have it

you need thin fucking slices of bread, with soft or no crust. Peel the cucumber, slice it as thin as you can and put a few layers on lights buttered bread. Sprinkle on a tiny bit of salt and vinegar, close the sandwich and eat it.

Sounds boring, but then so do lots of things. They are delicious

I like it just with salt on a soft white bread

Proof or GTFO.
Cucumbers are one of the easiest vegetables to grow, and they are prolific in production. There's never been a shortage of cucumber, especially back when everyone had a garden.

Thinly veiled Britain shitpost thread?

Always figured it's just bong mayo. Nobody actually puts this shit on salads though, right?

>The UK helped win World War II
>helped

Bullshit, it was the mentally unstable crewhand that constantly fucked around and stole my map that did us in.

Without russia the we would have lost or been in a stalemate

>Shart in mart detected

Yeah. You helped Russia

They're really good tbqh just had one for breakfast.

Why wouldn't they have helped the Soviets? You did too, mind.

Thanks for reminding me of that /sp/ meme from 2014. Apparently it's bongolian salad dressing.

Small veggie plate fresh from fridge with ranch sounds better to me. Murica.

Dill dip or blue cheese also acceptable.

I like garlicky hummus too.

No, it was that preppy whore that fucked up the whole thing.

>Sourdough
You've failed and you're a faggot.

>White bread and water veg.

There's nothing nutritious or substantial about them. Definitely not a working class food

Get a load of this gaylord. Go back to eating your wonderbread and STFU.

>amerifats getting triggered because it doesn't contain 6 unnecessary inches of unnecessary fatty meat and cheese

7 layer salad use mayo or salad dressing that's the only one I know that does

I like garlicky humans

It doesn't contain ANYTHING

It's literally a point of pride for you dumb bongs that you managed to make the a meal with the least physically possible amount of food in it.

WTF? Looks like some condoms filled with chewed up salad...

sour dough doesn't belong on a cucumber sandwich your utter faggot

Christ, Queenie, mellow out. I know you're head's so far up your ass you see crosseyed, but c'mon.

>white people food
I'm guessing this is as spicy as you guys go?

>this is what happens when you're raised by caravan trash.

You're doing it wrong. Bait needs to be more subtle.

add peanut butter

Are you actually retarded?

>peanut butter
How about I add my car's front bumper to your crumpled torso, instead?

Fuck cucumber sandwiches and fuck Oscar Wilde

It was a fucking sea monster.

>no one posted "Darling!" yet
Colour me impressed, Veeky Forums.

I know your game and I fucking hate you all for it.

What is this and how does it work?

it's super easy to grow tons of them. You boil them down add spice vinegar and sugar. wa la Cucumber ketchup

w-what do you mean

SHUT IT DOWN

You are only incriminating yourself for getting it~

Sum'bdy say cu'omba sa'wit?!?!

I don't get it?

Have never had a cucumber sandwich and have never seen one offered in any restaurant. I'm British.

It's /mlp/ garbage.

disgusting>:(

I imagine it'd be really good with cream cheese.

Shit like this is why people think whites are afraid of flavor. You people fucking do it to yourselves.

Get some culture you bleached apes.

Why do Americans have such bad teeth?

Russia would not have helped defend western Europe or America. They only cared about protecting their own backs and gaining territories

>Cucumber sandwiches

Silly Brits. Don't enjoying a good one ham and cheese instead

Ever heard of the principle 'less is more'?

It's just meant to be a light fresh tasting snack to with tea. It's not trying to be extravagant.

Sorry, maybe we should start eating eggs soaked in piss, then?

They're not disgusting, just plain. They're not supposed to be eaten as a proper meal or even a snack food. You have them with tea mid-afternoon, sometimes with cream cheese or before scones.
Sort of gone out of fashion because nobody except landed gentry bothers with afternoon tea.