I'm going camping Veeky Forums, how do I cook over a campfire? What should I make?

I'm going camping Veeky Forums, how do I cook over a campfire? What should I make?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aLAh77etv14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

burgers is the easiest shit you can make
just put some grill over some coal and it's ready

you can even get creative and boil stuff

Hobo packets

Campfire hotdogs are goat

Marshmallows

Strong booze

Make goulash.

A cast iron dutch oven is super versatile, I recommend investing in one.

Favorite drunk breakfast while camping is a can of SPAM placed directly in the fire, and liquid eggs scrambled in a pot. Quick and easy, and great after downing a shit ton of whiskey and beer

Fucking sausages, man. Italian, Polish, whatever they have at the supermarket.

>only a few months until it's hot enough to sit outside and roast sausages over a wood fire and stuff them inside warm pita bread

Similarly

Just about a pound of stewing beef, with lentils, rice, shallot and a potato

Plus seasonings of choice

Brown meat and shallot together, add water until just covered, and let sit for a couple of hours while you do other shit. About forty minutes before you eat add the rice and lentils and potato

Only maintenance is making sure to add a bit more water if it starts boiling away too much

Long wait but eat it with some good bread and damn

Also if you're the fishing sort just fry a catch on a hot rock

Seconding hobo packets, we used to make them in boyscouts.
Get some potatoes, veggies, and meat and wrap em up in tinfoil and steam them all together.

Campfire banana boats.

Tinned meat, sausage, bread, energy drinks, and vodka.

dutch oven, cast iron, potatoes in foil direct in the coals
bring a gas/kerosene jetboiler/stove just in case the weather is inclement
what you bring though depends a lot on whether you are camping close to your car or hiking

start here.
youtube.com/watch?v=aLAh77etv14
if you're hiking a dutch oven probably isn't going to work out for you and you'll be cooking over a campfire or simple stove in ultra light cook wear.

if your canoe camping then you can bring a dutch oven and a coffee pot and anything you want pretty much

also there is an outdoors board. you should ask them.

Get out of here, Stalker

Not without his irradiated tushonka though.

If you are going to have a fire within like 24 hours of leaving your home, buy one or two of those dubious vacuum sealed steaks from Walmart and freeze them. Tucked in your bag they will thaw nicely and be ready for dinner time. Bring a grill basket

that's good shit my nigga

Sausages, spiced bbq meat, good quality bread, goat cheese. Then small axe, knife and wooden sticks.

After you get feed up with burned meat you can get small pot (with long handle) and boil canned food there, like soups, goulash etc. Take some rag soak in water and put over hand so you can pull that pot from inside campfire.

Also great food are baked potatoes, extinguish fire before going sleep, put potatoes into hot ash and go sleep. In the morning you will have warm and tasty breakfast.

I'm not that great of a cook but I can hold my own. I have camp fires and bonfires sometimes nightly because I live in the middle of no where with nothing better to do and could try out all kinds of recipes/ideas/whatever and make threads on it. It would not be anything like almazan kitchen on youtube but I could at least help come up with and experiment with shit if any one would be interested?

Pic related. You can put a hotdog on the stick and wrap the dough around it as well. It's absolutely amazing.

>pic related
There's no hotdog in that pic.
Mong.

>reading comprehension

LETS GATHER ROUND THE CAMPFIRE AND SING OUR CAMPFIRE SONG

bring a legit old-world dutch oven (cast iron, carrying handle, the whole nine yards) and make everything in that

doesn't matter what you cook it just turns out better in one of those for whatever reason

I should see if I still have mine from back in the day when I was in the boy scouts

Depends how long you are going for and if you are carrying your water.

A lake or river can be used as a fridge by bagging and submerging perishable foods, just make sure you secure it and don't do it somewhere that has critters big enough to get at it.

so what was it like getting molested?

Start off by not building a fire that close to your tent. Since this thread is days old, and OP is a casual car camping; anything goes. If you're innawoods, dehydrated food & jerky.