I have a bag of potatoes and I'm making fries

I have a bag of potatoes and I'm making fries.

Should I pan fry in oil or bake ?

Also if you have good seasoning/mix for something that goes with ranch.

I tried Sririacha sauce and oven baked before, it turned out alright but was lacking in crisp.

They get fried twice, for that signature crunch. You could do steak fries or something with more potato if you want something lighter and fluffier.

>They get fried twice
So pan fry.. remove, pat down.. pan fry? what

>was lacking in crisp.

toss it in light amount of canola oil and spices (sea salt, pepper, thyme, garlic powder, cayanne pepper etc) before tossing it in a PRE-HEATED oven.

I either deep fry or oven fry. If deep frying, heat oil to 330F and fry for 23 minutes, remove and drain on paper towel. Wait at least 5 minutes, heat oil to 360F and fry until golden brown, @ 2-3 minutes.

If oven frying, coat lightly in oil, spread on cookie sheet and preheat oven to 425F and bake for @10 minutes. Give pan a goid shake and return to oven for another 10 minutes or until golden.

cut them, boil them, fry them at a relatively low temp, bake them, boil them again, and then fry them one last time

perfect fries every time

That is what I did, except I used siriacha with the oil/spices.

It was kinda soggy in the middle(cut it too thick?) and the oil was starting to burn the bottoms(rotate?)

Had me until the second boil :^)

havent you ever been to a ship shop?

you dont have to pat them down, just let them rest for a few minutes

seasoning... mix up 1:1:5 paprika:pepper:salt and toss the fries in the mix

boil first, then fry
or fry twice
or both, they're your potatoes

>havent you ever been to a ship shop?
no, i wasn't born with a golden spoon up my ass

>cut them, boil them, fry them at a relatively low temp

Cool gif the fries are squirming

That's typical for a place that takes their fries seriously.
Parboil first
Fry around 315F until they just barely start to color
Drain and let cool
Fry again around 375F until golden and crisp.

*chip shop, sry

A yacht yard would do, even if their fries are made with uncertified snobbery.

Soak potatoes in water for a couple of hours to reduce starch. Steak cut. Deep fry. Toss in melted butter, paprika, garlic salt and dried rosemary.

Probably too late but if you want pic related: 1 inch oil in a large pot, preheat to 350, cut and peel potatoes and rinse off excess amidon, dry the taters, put cut potatoes in hot oil for about 2 minutes, remove them, wait a few minutes, put them back until golden brown and voîlà.

burnt

>Mayo

(take adderall) *unmentioned part
Boil them.
Eat thdem