What does Veeky Forums think of Jimmy John's? For me it is the best sub sandwich

What does Veeky Forums think of Jimmy John's? For me it is the best sub sandwich.

Actually probably not, but I eat it almost every day because it is right next to my office. How do you think it compares to the other major sub chains?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4HGMIbA0L1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jimmy Johns gave me a free sandwich when I wad hitchhiking through Harrisburgh Pennsylvania when I was a homeless teen. I'm 33 now. Haven't thought about that chain in a long time. They don't exist where I live (NYC).

I despise their bread. why bother making it in the store if they can't make good bread. A guy I live with actually manages a store and I genuinely pity him because he eats there every day since it's free. But he makes lettuce wraps so he doesn't subject himself to the bread either.

JJ>Potbelly's>>>Jersey Mike's>Firehouse>>Quiznos>>>>Dog Shit>Subway

(You)

youtu.be/4HGMIbA0L1A

>Major sub chains
1.Publix(if that counts)
2.Firehouse
3.Jersey Mikes
4.Blimpies
5.Jimmy Johns
6.Quiznos
38.shitway

It's not terrible and it's quick. I like it better than Subway. DiBella's is too far away to be anything more than a pilgrimage. Jersey Mike's is good if you eat it right away, then becomes a sogfest 5 minutes later. Penn Station is great for greasy hot subs, though less impressive on the cold front. When I want a cold takeout sub quick it's usually JJ or the fancy gas station with made-to-order foods.

i like their bread, but that's it.

I'd much rather go to a Subway.

they have the most bipolar delivery service, Ive had times where it has taken 6 minutes for them to deliver to me during lunch rush. and Ive had ALOT of times where it has taken 40+ minutes to get a sandwich at like 8 at night, for reference my jimmy johns doesnt close until 1 am

I love their bread. I think it's great. I didn't know people didn't like it.

It's a chain, which means I avoid eating there.

I think I might actually get a sub from there tonight after some cardio. Thanks OP, it's gonna hit the spot!

They're expensive, but they're small and average. You can charge more if your food is above average, or if there's more food, but all together it's just not worth it. They don't MAKE anything, they just assemble ingredients

I've noticed people either really like it or really hate it. Not many people I've asked think their bread is just kind of OK.

I like it.

>gonna undo the point of cardio, thanks OP!

I'm not trying to lose weight, I just do it to improve my endurance/general health. Not everyone is on a diet.

You are a fucking moron. Please don't (You) me again.

I always get sick if I eat there, but its been a few years now so I'll give them another shot soon maybe.

I used to work here ane like it but then I grew a tastebud and jj went downwards in quality and now it's shit.

their gargantuan is really the only thing worth it on their menu.

it's pretty good though.

>Not suggesting the Pepe

jimmy johns is a cheap sub thats ok tasting

nothing gross or yucky about it like some places, doesnt' try to be more than it is. just a really simple sub: bread, mayo, meat, lettuce and tomato.

That amount of mayo is fucking disgusting.

I once got an ultimate porker from there and it was friggen great. Not the best thing I've had in my life but really solid for a big chain restaurant and left me completely satisfied until dinner.

Every time I go to a jimmy johns I get an ultimate porker hoping to duplicate that but it's never as good as the one I ordered that one day. Even from the same restaurant.

DiBella's is amazing though. I worked about 3 minutes from one in Rochester, NY and I would go every day if I could have. Between them and Wegmans subs I never went to any of the Subway type places. It was just a better class of subs and not like fast food subs. I've never had JJ before though. I tried to order once and was 1.1 miles from their store so they wouldn't deliver to me.

The major health point of cardiovascular exercise is to improve the health and stamina of your cardiovascular system. A side benefit is it burns calories. Pushing your cardiovascular system to new limits is healthy, even if you eat food. Fat people walking 1 mph on a treadmill is not cardio and cardio is not just for losing weight.

Why is there 2 separate layers of cheese? Does lettuce even have any nutrients or anything in it? Why does every sub, fast food sandwich, burger, chicken sandwich, everything just look like 3/4 stacked up shitty lettuce with almost nothing else on it? I can buy a head of lettuce for like a dollar and make 50 lettuce and mayo sandwiches with it. I don't get the whole lettuce thing and "texture" isn't a reason to add it to everything.

dibella's is GOAT. i never thought i would say that about a sub chain because i spent most of my life in "sub heaven" - the philly-south jersey area

I really like their bread. It's cooked all the way and a nice shiny golden brown all the times I had it but still soft but chewy and has flavor (DiBella's)