Is it true or is it just BS?

Is it true or is it just BS?

origino
colory shit
whito poppor

The difficulty isn't copying the shitty flavor, it's getting the absolutely disgusting texture correct. For that you need a pressure fryer. And no, you cannot use a standard pressure cooker/canner.

the difficulty is building the brand. KFC could just use flour and chicken at this point and people would keep buying it

Meanwhile you could copy and even improve on the recipe but without a name behind it you won't sell shit

supposedly the only thing missing is the MSG (mono-sodium glutimate) they now use...

How much MSG should be added?

A pinch, which is quite adequate to give you an early stomach cancer.

It could be the Colonel's legit recipe, but you know they changed it once the company went corporate.

I just made it and it tasted absolutely fantastic and reminded me of KFC so maybe

got any pics?

Frying now

Is number 4 supposed to be oregano?

And number 5 is what? Celery salt? Is that a thing? I'm a eurofag and it doesn't sound familiar.

Chicken done, waiting to cool.
Bigger pieces slightly overcooked because they didnt get to room temperature before i started like i thought.

That looks greasy af, you should pat them dry with paper towels or something.

I'm actually out of paper towels.
But those are fresh out of the oil.

So since you clearly could read the recipe, can you answer please?

KFC is greasy as fuck you moron. Are you stupid?

Celery salt is celery seeds and salt mixed together, although this recipe definitely has too much salt so id suggest going with just celery seeds or ground celery or finding some other way to cut out some salt

I covered the raw chicken with the spice and butter milk for a few hours but i suggest doing it over night. For that the recipe is fine so maybe make two batches, one as in the recipe and one with less salt for the coating.

ok i come to this thread to offer you advice on breading your chicken. first, whole milk, buttermilk are you serious? anyways you have a bowl of your dry stuff and a bowl of liquid stuff, whole milk and an egg whisked in. then you go flour>milk>flour. if you REALLY want that breading to be thicc you can run flour>milk>flour>milk>flour, but i usually only do that shit with pickles.

It was perfectly crispy on the smaller pieces like the legs and wings, but i didn't let the chicken come to room temperature before cooking and the bigger pieces got over cooked.

>naturally occurring molecule in most food and fruits gives cancer

You'd better be worrying about your fucking trash-tier GMO food before bashing MSG without actual proof whatsoever.

MOOOOOOOOOT

So much chicken, so good.

>it's naturally occurring!

yeah! like arsenic! woo!

>been there done that
too much paprika makes the chicken too dark

Ummm their's plenty of proof if your not blind too the truth

No
Makes mustard gas
Don't try

Nah

Crispy uses a different recipe with more pepper

Almost right.

The first ingredient isn't salt. That's covered by the celery salt and the garlic salt. You've probably got too much salt there.

#1 is the missing last, vital ingredient everyone forgets. Pic related.

(Friend has a lab with GC-MS machines and got very bored between contracts)

I seem to remember they also brine the chicken, and use pressure fryers - that last bit makes a huge difference too. Good luck getting one of those, there's not a whole lot of other people who use them as far as I know?

>probably got too much salt there
yeah bcuz kfc ain't salty

I hope knorr is paying you to post, MPW

>using GC-MS to figure out a spice blend
What does paprika look like on MS?

Salt and Oil don't mix mate

How'd it taste?

Was the recipe legit or a convincing copy?

Buttermilk is pretty standard. It tenderness meat and crusts the seasoned flour step nicely too. Egg actually softens the crust and is only for helping actual cracker or crumb crusts stick to flour.

OP I don't think this is the real recipe. No onion powder.

Celery salt is ground celery seed and salt. It is typical in any house making bloody Mary cocktails. Whole celery seeds are common for coleslaw recipes where it would be too obvious in a breading whole.

I think there is also msg, and a higher ratio of paprika than shown and possibly sage.

I often buy Bells poultry seasoning if doing several turkeys or chickens in a traditional sense and it reminds me of KFC.

The meat tasted close, it might have been closer if i left it overnight.
The outside was way too salty, this might have been because of the recipe or i might have added too much to the flour.

Seaweed isn't natural?

It's just a slogan. There isn't actually 11 spices. Well that is if you don't include the preservatives.

Asians have been eating seaweed for thousands of years. By your estimate they should have died off a millennia ago.

They didn't. Get over it.

for what purpose would there be preservatives in fast food.