Cheesesteaks & Philly

I'm heading to Philly next week. What's the most authentic way to have a cheesesteak, and what's the best place to have one?

I've heard Pat's & Geno's are both touristy and not really that great unless you're drunk.

Also, open to good eats in Philly if there's any recommendations.

Reading terminal is god tier they have an amish lady in a corner who sells the best bbq pork.

Steven starr restaraunts are all good.

Cheesetake with wiz and onions

Dalessandro's Steaks is also god-tier. If you're a fat I'd go to both.
Get with onions, jalapenos and mushrooms
or go ham and get it loaded as fuck.

>I've heard Pat's & Geno's are both touristy and not really that great

I can confirm that. I visited both of them during a business trip and frankly they both suck.

The best philliys I had were based on recommendations from the locals. I don't remember the name of the places, they were all little hole-in-the-wall places.

Just ask your friends who live there, business contacts, the people at your hotel, or whomever else it is you're meeting in Philly and they'll set you up with a good place.

can also confirm

had geno's on vacation and it was not worth the lengthy line

pretty much everyone in Philly will tell you to ignore Pat's and Geno's.

So they're both not worth visiting not even once?

Both the Italian hoagie and the roast pork with broccoli rabe are better Philly sandwiches than the cheesesteak. You can get a decent roast Pork at Reading Terminal, and a good Italian hoagie practically anywhere in Philly.

I'll be there for five days, so I can be flexible.

I'm hanging with a friend from the area, but figured I'd get other perspectives.

If you want to visit Pat's or Geno's definitely go after midnight and make sure you're drunk.
Geno's cheese fries are a must. They are the best in the city regardless of drunkenness.

There's a couple great spots throughout Philly for a good cheesesteak. If you're going to Old City then go to Sonny's. If you're going to Fishtown then go to Chink's.

Second for Sonnys man I miss philly

>So they're both not worth visiting not even once?

Nope, unless you get some kind of tourist hardon from visiting "the original". Food wise they are both crap. I've had better phillys at a school cafeteria.

Ask your friend.

Steve's Prince of Steaks is pretty good.

I actually wasn't the guy who asked about the tourism piece.

I just don't know how much I trust my friend, and I won't be with him the whole time, just another Philly n00b. Instead of relying on him for everything, I want some options.

I always get my cheese steaks without onions and put ketchup on it

fight me

I love philly cheesteak subs!

take a wiz on it

they all get the same fucking sliced processed meat product and pasteurized processed dairy cheese food product from the same fucking warehouse you dumb fucking basic bitch tourist fucking cunt faggot.

Silly me. I just spent money on a decent kitchen knife. Turns out I could have cut vegetables better with your edge, user.

>>fuck off faggot

go to jersey and get a gaetano's

Can't make it to Jersey - meeting a lot of people in Philly as the central hub (not my choice).

Still open for other Philly food suggestions - and booze suggestions. And St. Patrick's Day suggestions.

>get a gaetano's
fuck you nigger