Can i keep bananas in fridge to extend shelf life?

Got some bananas goin brown and i want to slow down the process so i don't have to throw any away.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5KbABz1pntE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seperate them

Put some tinfoil around the ends where the bananas connect.

Put them in your ass.

Store them at 12°C

No. Just eat them. They're bananas.

Fun fact: bananas are actually berries.
Isn't that neat?

Really makes me think

I keep my nanas in the icebox, where i keep my peanut sauce.

bananas are good.

When they turn black they are ripe, you should never be throwing away bananas, make banana pancakes, a milkshake, something, just don't waste good food because you're ignorant.

The flavor and smell of ripe bananas makes me sick to my stomach. I associate it with vomit.

I have one with oatmeal each morning, just need to last through the week, but will fridge make them brown faster? Help!

If your bananas go bad you make banana bread. Its the only way.

use for burnurnur brd

aye this
i like em when they still have a bit of firmness and green in them, dont have that really distinct ripe banana flavour

Was there just a thread recently with that OP image or am I going crazy?
I remember posting in it and it took me awhile to realize this thread was different.

Some faggot posting about buying all the bananas or something

Not OP, but I was just wondering about freezing banana chunks (or puree) when they're at my preferred level of ripeness, and using them for smoothies. Anyone try this before?

you can make banana ice cream like that
but yeah, works wonderfully for smoothies too

I eat mine while they are still pretty green. Once they go past my desired ripeness I peel them and freeze.
Frozen bananas hold up very well.

I was once in Morton Williams and a crackhead black guy behind me was buying like a 100 three-packs of butter. Can anyone explain this to me?

>just don't waste good food because you're ignorant
But if he's ignorant, he wouldn't know better in the first place, now would he?

Works great. Freezing bananas is fine as long as you don't plan on eating them as is. It fuck's the texture all up. But if you're planning on blitzing them, go nuts.

Bananas take a relatively long time to go bad. Once they are brown I find them unpleasant for raww consumption, however, they are great for smoothies/shakes and baking.

Refrigerating actually increases the speed they brown but decreases the time before they rot.

"when they are at my preferred ripeness"

I used to buy a ton of bananas and let them ripen until they had spots before freezing them thinking that they would not be as tasty if I froze them before that. I did that for a while to make pureed banana ice cream. But then recently I started eating green bananas for the healthy resistant starch, a prebiotic, and decided trying to make ice cream from that. It works too and to my surprise the texture and taste are very similar to the ripe bananas. The chalkiness and tartness are only slightly noticeable. So I say, you don't have to wait for them to ripen because it makes little difference in the final product. Peel and freeze them any time.

Huh, I might have to try that. I find under-ripe bananas rather unpleasant. What's this prebiotic supposed to be good for?

Things that are not berries
>lettuce
>celery
>strawberries
>raspberries
>blackberries

Things that are berries
>blueberries
>huckleberries
>bananas
>tomatos
>oranges

Use the brown ones to make banana bread.

Just eat them, you numbskull.

I had to do that last week. It works, barely, but it's not optimal.

If your bananas aren't already brown, the skins will quickly go brown in the fridge, but they won't ripen much. They will only last a few days longer. If your bananas are still green, they'll still turn completely brown within a day or so, but will taste like crap.

I think freezing is probably a better option.

no, bananas get all kinds of fucked up when exposed to cold.

>crackhead
What led you to this conclusion?

>Things that are berries
>blueberries
>huckleberries
wow no fucking shit what a fucking revelation!

Pickle them with strawberries,and cinnamon. But use balsamic vinegar, not white

I cut my banana into slices and then place on a tray with parchment paper then freeze them. Great for smoothies

No, bananas turn gray if kept too cool. They're best kept barely below room temp, so just put them in a cool place out of the sun.

-produce department fag

What are you talking about, bananas are always kept in the fridge in the produce department.

They're in the dry room, same place as potatos and onions. Any store that keeps them in the cooler is fucked up.

Make meme bread

>fridge
>shelf life

banana bread isn't meme bread you fucking cuck

If you compare the two lists you will find a pattern.

Coffee isn't really a bean either and peanuts aren't nuts

Is this a meme I don't know?

youtube.com/watch?v=5KbABz1pntE
here you go

subscribe to these guys btw they're fucking great

or freeze, blend and you have a perfect ice cream base

my snek sense is tingling

That will actually ripen them faster because they're trapped inside with the gas. Separate them and cover each stem in plastic or foil. If they're gonna be used in pudding or something baked freezing is fine.

Chill, bro. I keep mine in the fridge for up to a week (eat one a day) and they're perfectly fine.

shoes in fridge