What's the best beer in existence?

What's the best beer in existence?

Pic related is my choice

For me it's the McChicken.

My favorite. I make booze for a living, but if I have to drink beer it's usually a tall boy of vitamin R.

>german beer
>the labels in english

no pisswasser for me thanks

Flanders Reds every day

/thread

Lambic framboise

There are a few of these types of beers around, and I have yet to have a bad one. Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout is a personal favorite, though.

Picking a "best ever" beer is pretty retarded, but if you had to PtE is just about as good as you can get.

Westvleteren 12.
If you want one that you don't need to fly all the way to fucking Belgium and order over the phone a month in advance for, then Rocheforte 10, or St. Bernardus 12..

Well if you are from Europe...

>tastes nice
>widely available
>reasonably priced

name another beer that matches all these criteria. You can't.

Beer is not wine. There can be terrible beer, then ok beer, and good beer. Nothing like wine trade and investing in wine market, that cannot be done with beer.

For me one of best beers is Füchschen Düsseldorf Altbier. But it does not meant that is best beer, just good one that i like.

Yeah because all wine tastes the same

Idiot

This is one of the next beers on my list to try.

Had it in UK, can't really remember how good it was, but I drunk the whole thing so i guess that's a good sign...

I prefer the blonde for more fun drinking. The 12 is a bit heavy for that. Hopefully having both at a student bar this sunday.

Oh and i've been liking this pretty good beer recently if you get a hand on it.

Franziskaner or St. Bernardus Abt 12.

THey have this at my liquor store but there is no price tag. The little goat trinket makes me think it could be really expensive.

There's absolutely no better beer than a well done imperial brown. Not a stout posing as a brown, but a real brown ale that isn't overly hopped.

I traveled to Ecuador a few weeks ago, tried this beer and it was actually really good, specially the "Rubia".

I saw your typo you loser. We only get Central American beers where I live. Nothing special at all. I'd like to try something from further south.

>Kernel IPA
>Westmalle Dubbel
>Bruges Zot blonde
>Thornbridge bier de garde

My favourites tbqh

For easily accessible it's got to be Celebrator, no doubt. HOWEVER

I agree with both of these, only reason I don't find PUNK to be easily accessible is because I live in the Midwest, as such I offer P Fun as tribute.

If you drink beer out of meme-tier wannabe wine glasses you're a phaggot.

Thornbridge Jaipur, Lagunitas IPA both far better and easy to find at the same price.

Sierra Nevada pale also meets those criteria and is a markedly better beer

Totally overrated, just like Mad Elf.

You guys are posting some real plenty beer

If you're in New Jersey or NYC check these guys out

lol

here in NY it goes for $16 for a 4pack

prob won't be too much cheaper nationwide since its import

>tfw you live in Wisconsin

but Two Women is exponentially better

>famous beer in the area
>stores that sell it sell out instantly
>grocery gets shipments every Tuesday and there is a fucking line out the door beginning at the wee hours of the day
>I've heard of drunk yuppies pay $70 a can at concerts and shit
>Get the chance to try it once
>it's just okay
Anyone understand the buzz?

Unlucky, user.

love me some lambics. anything tart with fruit flavors is my guilty pleasure.

probably the first meme beer of the '''''''''''craft''''''''''' era.

my man

This or Trumer Pils are probably my easy go to desert island beers

For me it's the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich

Todd the Axe Man is fucking great and I don't even like IPAs for the most part.

Spotted Cow is great for a mom tier beer, but most of New Glarus's other beers are better

Westvleteren 12 (XII)

this shit changed my life

Came here to day this.

I had some from the one batch they sold to the LCBO in Ontario. Godly. Puts Rocheforte 10 .D St. Bernadus 12 in the shade, as far as I am concerned.

Two more mind blowing world class beers I've had locally are Black Oak's Epiphany #1 quad and Great Lakes vs. Amsterdam Brewery Life Sentence IIIPA.

> Order the beer in a bottle
> Pay 10 euros per bottle
> It's okay

Fuck you.

Westy 12 is a load of hype, yes it's great, but there isn't this gulf between it and the competition.

drinking pic related, one of my favorites.

I disagree. I liked it significantly more than Rochefort 10 and I like that significantly more than St. Bernadus 12.

Woah shit, I'm from Portsmouth. What brings you there?

I picked some up for $12 last night. Good stuff.

Fucking alien detected!

dont get the hype with this one

There's a little brewpub in Oakridge, Oregon about an hour into the sticks from Eugene.

They don't make the same brew twice, they use wooden casks, they don't bottle it, and you can only get it from their hand pump taps.
I had an IPA that I don't remember the name of and will never have again, that was the best beer in existence.

>brewpub

I don't like the taste of IPAs at all and I don't even understand the appeal.

Best beer I ever had was an Imperial stout that I had at a Greek restaurant in Winnipeg. It was amazing. I forget what it was called.

Is it really any better than Rochefort 10?

Had pic related not too long ago. Probably the best flight I've ever had.

IPAs that aren't extremely fresh are garbage for the most part, especially West coast IPAs.

>Framboyzee
>Not Cherry

Good taste tho

>muh maga fuck california sjw liberals

>DUDE HOPS LMAO
>You can tell I'm a real beer fan because I can't taste anything less than 80 IBUs
>Lmao beer isn't supposed to taste like grain; the grain bill is just there to present the hops

>i only drink beer from places who's politics i agree with

Kek. Have fun with that.

Nah idgaf about the beers politics. Just how it tastes.

I don't like the taste of the grain so fuck you too

Best IPA i have tried. Very balanced in its citrus, resinous, hoppy flavor.

Its a great beer for sure, but it is overhyped. I spent weeks looking for it. Store owner didnt want to sell more than two. I drank one and was disappointed after all the trouble of looking for it.

Goose Island has the best mouthfeel out of any beer I have tried. But taste-wise its too fig, jam, dark fruit for me. Id rather have a more roasted coffee and chocolate flavor profile.

Hangar 24 Pugachevs Conra is my all time favorite.

Check out this barrel aged flight I just had literally an hour ago.

>the abyss
>bourbon county
>385 scytale
>barrel roll no. 3 - pugachev's cobra

I actually prefer Paulaner Salvator over Celebrator, and I don't even think it's the best doppelbock. Just my favorite.

These are the best beers.

>tfw you live in small town west virginia
>tfw nobody wants to drink anything but malt liquor or light aal
>tfw you used to live in ohio relatively close to a place that did create your own six packs and had to move away right when you were learning what kinds of beers you like and dislike

anyway this is probably the best i've gotten around here

My personal favourite.

County?

Smoop County

You can buy this in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal at various bars.

Pretty much any properly brewed kölsch

Gonna have to pick some of this up.

What was your favorite?

lol fight me i dont care

Its a good beer if i remember correctly its straight forward imperial stout coffee, malt, and chocolate. Not very complex.

Probably either The Abyss or the 385 Scytale (the latter was the only one I'd never had before).

The Abyss is definitely the most complex, and the 385 was the booziest, and was almost more like drinking a bourbon. Pugachev's Cobra is really good - almost like a really rich mocha - and the Bourbon County is what it is (it's the one I'd had the most, and am cellarring 4 or 5 bottles of).

Overall I'd probably go back for The Abyss if I could only pick one.

god damn I hate their branding/bottles.

The normal edition is bad too, but not quite as bad as this.

>cask ale is a novelty for americans

howling.

>grasping at straws

Almost every bar in the US has cask conditioned beer.

Moon man is that shit though, low key

I only have acquired a taste for this cause i live in pittsburgh and i can get a pitcher for 1.50 and its better than any of the other shit beers they serve at punk bars around here

YES.
Always the best

California is shit at ipas m8. Unbalanced, overhopped, nonsense. I seriously stopped trying the shit that makes its way to my area because of how many times I've been burned by new cali ipas.
Sculpin is just okay, yet is priced like a double. Fuck it. I'll happily try any other style from your state though.

I drank this all throughout college, I never thought it was a great beer, but for the price it was delicious. I almost always kept a 6-pack in my fridge to drink occasionally. Then I moved to California and started trying to buy it... People actually asked me if that was an import or microbrew.

Guys, if you ever leave the east coast, just know that Yuengling doesn't exist west of the Mississippi.

Pic related is my absolute favorite beer though. This shit is god-tier. I just wish it wasn't so fucking expensive.

Why post this? You know yourself that it isn't the best beer.

Lived there most of my life. Ever go to earth eagle? Best place in the whole fucking "city"

Do you usually gravitate toward dark fruit flavors in imperial stouts?

I remember drinking several glasses of this and thinking I could function like a human being in downtown Springfield, MO. I was incorrect.

I always find my way back to this one.

Had a few of these at Christmas. Mighty tasty, the gentle bitterness of the beer masked that of the grapefruit which made it even more refreshing.