How often du you eat canned food?

How often du you eat canned food?

Every weekend 24 cans of beer.

You think it taste different than bottled? Someone said they could taste the metall.

I like the taste of metall

love these.

fresh green beans are great, but these are special in their own unique way. the canning process gives them a soft texture i dig.

Not him but they're full of shit, the fact they're lined with a polymer aside, you'll get metallic taste in bottles commonly.

I use canned beans and tomatoes, but almost never canned meals. Maybe poverty ravioli once in a while.

How's about canned beans? Anybody like those?

Canned tomatoes often. I don't see the point of using any other canned goods.
Some people are full of shit.

Baked beans, sardines, diced tomato, coconut milk, condensed chicken soup, kidney beans.

I think that is the canned food in my pantry at the moment.

I prefer bottles as it doesn't seem to go dead as fast as cans but US cans are smaller size than over here. If cans were that size here, I'd probably drink cans

every dayl I don't make pasta or rice which is 5/7 of the week.
peas, beans, green beans, carrot slices, spinach, corn, chickpeas, mushrooms, all good
Sure there's a slight price difference, but on the other hand, it only need to be heated, not cooked, and it's dimensioned for 1 serving so no "buy 2 kg, throw away half of it at the end of the week" shit.

Beans (people always say dried beans are cheaper but not where I live), tomatoes, anchovies, sardines, tuna, soups somtimes (I don't eat soup often enough to make it myself, so it's useful to have when I'm too tired to cook anything).

I found a can with scallops in my grandmothers basement. The best before date couldn't be read because of rust. Is it eadible?

Canned food is safe to eat for decades assuming the can is not punctured.

It might taste bad, but it will be safe to eat.

Pretty rarely. About the only thing that I use regularly that's canned is coconut milk/cream, tomato paste, and chipotles in adobo sauce. Oh, and anchovies.

I do keep some canned soups and beans on hand for emergencies but that's not something I normally eat.

Would you eat canned ham?

Yes, but not as often these days. Apparently, dried beans are cheaper.

Nope. They make pretty fun and relatively inexpensive targets to shoot at though.

Do you work for Myth Busters?

Nope. It's purely for fun, not a job.

Every time I try to cook dried beans the texture just isn't right, canned beans just seem like better consistency. Also canned beans don't need much prior planning, they're pretty much ready to go.

>soak for 8 hours
Soak them for 12
>let boil for one hour
Boil them for two

Chickpeas are still hard as f*

>Chickpeas are still hard as f*

So? Just keep cooking.

I don't have all the time in the world you know. And canned are soft and nice!

breakfast of champions

Beans, tuna, sardines, coconut milk, occasionally some fruits and frankfurt sausages, which are highly popular where I live.
>pic

Not very often since I got a pressure cooker. I buy dried beans now.

Just beans mostly. I never have the foresight to soak dry beans overnight the day before im going to want beans

That stuff is solid gluten

But it taste bad! I tried it and it had this wierd ass taste. You need to deep fry them to get it off.

Canned tomatoes multiple times a week

>mock duck meat
one time at a primarily vietnamese grocery store I saw a whole fake meat chicken in the frozen section, it even had the red gobbler painted on, should have taken a photo.

i eat canned octopus/squid usually once a day

canned tomatoes 2-3 times a week. thats the only canned food i've had since i was a kid

how is that even possible when bottles have such an imperfect seal and cans are way closer to being ideal?

Yes we can

French cut green beans are the best
I could eat them for days.

What lands do we need to conquer to bring this to America?

I loved canned ham through my mac n cheese. Don't eat it too often but I could eat a whole can by itself.

Maybe on occasion, but it's too expensive to be a regular food.

England

I eat canned beans biweekly, not much else. Today I had some canned grape leaves filled with rice and onions, bretty gud and dirt cheap.

>inexpensive targets to shoot at
yuropoor has gun?

I've never had canned food.

Canned beer daily.
Canned food like every other day. I work a shit job that only allows 3 ten minute breaks per 10hr shift. Small tins of squid, sardines and herring are a god send at that point.

The great shores of shame and regret.

about the only canned foods I get are sardines (because fuck you sometimes I just want to eat a tin of sardines by itself) and refried beans because the consistency is always the same and sometimes I just want to make a quick burrito or something in the microwave. used to get canned tomatoes but for whatever reason the fresh ones at the local supermarket are just as cheap

>breakfast of champions
you're incorrect. a slim jim with a red bull is the breakfast of champions.

canned tuna mainly, just so I can mix it with mayo, sriracha, sesame oil, ground ginger, and scallions for a budget spicy tuna don.
occasionally some canned beans, just so I can mix it with hotdogs so I can get the screaming shits.

Everyday. Sobreys and Metro routinely rotate stock by putting their canned vegetables on sale at a cheaper price then they are available fresh, especially when you consider that Canadian winter is October to May...

I eat a lot of pasta so I use a lot of canned whole tomatoes and canned tomato paste - I also eat the cherry tomatoes ones as snack. I sometimes just eat canned sardine as snack.

With the canned tomatoes, there is no added salt at all!

Considering that I'm a picky eater who frequently loses my appetite, buying can reduce food waste, stocking up on cans when they go on sale saves money, and spare me from starving even if I don't go shopping for a while.

>uses corn syrup in the states instead of sugar
Thanks amerishits

I have:
- corned beef
- ham
- beef stock
- carrots and peas
- chicken stock
- coconut milk
- corn
- jellied cranberry sauce
- condensed cream of mushroom
- herring filets (fish)
- sweetened condensed milk
- evaporated milk
- mushroom pieces
- smoked oysters
- peaches
- pears
- pineapple
- rice pudding
- sardines
- thick cream
- cherry tomatoes
- whole plum tomatoes
- tomato paste
- pasta sauce
- tuna

- butternutsquash & red pepper soup
- chicken noodle soup
- chicken & rice
- chilli with pork and beef
- stuffed vine leaves

That's pretty much the same stuff as spam, isn't it?

Canned tomato's canned beans, canned bamboo shoots, canned tuna. Thats the canned food i eat regularly, obvs use them with other ingredients.

canned cans

sardines in tomato sauce with beer and saltines

I have yet to try a canned vegetable that doesn't taste pickled.

Daily.