Nostalgia Thread

Nostalgia Thread.

Post what you miss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_QrxVBmRi_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I miss these bad boys. They brought them back for Christmas, but I only got 6 bags of them and ate them in like 2 weeks.

Those tasted like ass

they still make these though

>pancake filled with spicy chicken

That sounds fucking vile

Welcome to India.

anyone remember this microwaveable pasta thing that was out for a short time it was a tray with a package of cooked noodles and a package of sauce it had a weird name like IT pasta or something like that

"untuk sembahyang sahaja"

how the fuck do you pray with cow piss?

Be Indian?

I miss this so much

Agreed. I don't remember much from the age of 7, but the syrupy and weird aftertaste of that shitty drink stands out most of all. I remember not finishing it; I poured it into the sink when my dad wasn't looking and chugged a Yoo-Hoo to cleanse my palate.

Oh god, this was my drink of choice during high school when I wasn't drinking Monster and Rockstar. Tried to make my own at home a few years ago, but nothing worked.

Reminds me of pic related... When I was 21 I bought a 4 pack of the bottles after work, drank them all, and thought I was going to die

I have one of these bottles. I think I drained out the drink and refilled it with water but I'm afraid to open it and check. The balls are still in good shape, though.

Also, what I miss.

You got me. Forgot those existed.

these sound so good

this shit right here man

you got me fucker

Also these. My dad would use the syrup and draw something for me.

Bubble tea places are popping up everywhere, that shit should try making a comeback.

I'd push my own grandma down a flight of stairs just for a box of these again.

I haven't thought about these in years. We had some great oatmeal gimmicks growing up.

styrofoam is the comfiest container material

those are still around

those ones are, but back in the day they used to be gummy candies. i think the hard candies they use now aren't as good.

white ones were based

These weee so ducking good when they made their debut. I still remember getting the strawberry lemonade and the flamin hot cheetos after a long camping trip. Best car ride home ever. You got me.

I had this 2 years ago in an Alabama McDonalds in the middle of nowhere, they still had it in the drink machine

Jolly rancher makes pretty much the same thing now
it's equally as bad

>You will never taste a root beer Sodalicious ever again
Just fucking end it

They first appeared in 1999, but were taken from us only a short time later. I realize they have released variations of this product since, but they all had a PB filling with *crushed* cookie pieces. The original had basically half an oreo sans creme inside. Fuck my life.

Best flavor. Still exist but rare.
Used to beg for a tin every time at the store.
School had a fruitopia vending machine. Was good.

These didn't exist for long but I loved them. They had a very distinct fake smoke flavor that was delicious.

Muy negre
Smores bars were delicious

Triggered.

For me it's the Starburst ropes that were so goat.

they always are

Why did these taste so much better than the regular puffs?

because of the twists

There were so many goddamn snacks discontinued in the 90s. I loved these and 3-D Doritos. I also had a short affair with Pepsi blue.

I brought boxes of these in the 90s when I was a kid, when through boxes at first, then a few bars every other month, rationing when I can't find any more, and eventually, I was down to this one last bar that I finally ate a year ago - I really should have made a vid of that or something so I could send a begging letter to Cadbury's.

Chocolate coating in the era before palm oil, soft and chewy purple marshmallow, sweet and sour jelly beans, I need this again so bad!

youtube.com/watch?v=_QrxVBmRi_c

This commercial gave me nightmares, I just now found it after all these years.

...and okay, this DOES have palm oil it, so I guess I might have Nostalgia Filter on lol, but I don't remember the chocolate tasting bad, the chocolate coating itself still have enough chocolate.

How did the marshmallow hold up after all these years?

It wasn't spongy to begin with, being a marshmallow /nougat/, and it has gotten brittle all over, but it still taste good. Mostly the chocolate has gotten a bit waxy. The jellybeans in the nougat wrapped in chocolate though, top tier flavour combo. *rubs chin* Might try to DIY somewhere down the road, but I wish Cadbury would bring it back, I love the packaging too.

If I were to chose between sour beaners being produced or cherry coke being produce, I'll pick sour beaner - though it's partly because I can add my own cherry flavouring to coke.

Was this only Canada?
I fucking loved these and still do.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are still available for retail user.

Chocolate Fingers made by Garden, I think they still make these, but they've changed the recipe, the colour for one thing, used to be darker.

These were my 'luxury chocolates' when I was a kid in Hong Kong, and the way they are wrapped, makes them excellent gifts when visiting someone. I really wish they had jacked out the price rather than water down the quality.

yea but the commercial like ridiculously old and remember it from way back when, that's why I thought it fit the thread

I love big breakfast when I was a kid in Hong Kong, but when I tried it recently again, it was just a big disappointment. Was it nostalgia or did they just change things up? It was back when they used styofoam.

The hot cake tasted like baking powder...

Pretty much the only thing that is still good is fries and coke, and I've tasted better fries at Costco and better coke at 7 Eleven.

I'm still mad that Costco switched to Pepsi.

Higher concentration of corn puff, more cheese powder since they sold it in 9 oz bags only.

I love coke blak when it first came out, then I tried putting instant coffee in coke, and the taste was passable.

Pictured, the Cherry Coke I drank in the 90s

I finally found places that sells Cherry Coke again, but only individually, like small bottles at Shopper's Drug Mart, it doesn't let me buy in bulk, might as well. I think it taste different now, less strong cherry and more smooth, more vanilla-y.

I used to have a cherry coke and a brownie from the cafe right after gym class.

Men's Pocky was the only Pocky I have ever liked, I loved it! It was delicious. The red original was too sweet, this was just right.

First, the word "Men's" disappeared, and it was just "Pocky", labelled same as the red original in the front even though it still had the green wrapping, then Men's Pocky disappeared from Canada forever. Did they stop making it in Japan or did it offend someone here by being labelled "Men's" : / I think it was more expensive than Red Pocky, but it has more dark chocolate. I miss it so! Anyone see this in Toronto please tell me where. But I've seen places that sells strawberry kit kat, green tea kit kat, but no men's pocky.

PS, if you are in Toronto, you can find every flavour of Crush and pretty much all flavours of Pop Tart at Sweet Addictions around Ossington and Dundas. I was there last week, though all I've got was Baby Ruth, Three Muskateers, Moon Pie, Charleston Cew and Lavets (BBQ and Mexican flavoured mealworms), and MIlka which I used to get at Honest Ed's..

I'm in Toronto and will check it out!

I remember it tasting somewhat like mtn dew or mello yello. Glad I'm not the only one who remembers

I was a little kid when Orbitz was around and all I remember is how awesome I thought it was. Did it actually taste good though?

These, also, where the fuck dunkaroos at?

Sobe in glass bottles.
Also pic related.
I would fucking murder someone for the Rain flavor.

Vault

This will blow your mind, OP: "bubble tea".

SHIIIIT. Now I miss that classic box their cinnamon buns used to come in.

The grape Power Punch.

I cannot find but 3 pictures on the internet of them, and only this one shows the widely available version but it's from 10 years before it was discontinued and after it had changed looks several times.

Nearly every mention of it on the internet is just from catalogs and pepsi databases.

And yet, every time I go around asking, even in different states, they all know what I'm talking about.

If there's any user that tried one of these, do you know any existing drinks that taste the same or similar? The closest thing I've found is just the smell of a Grapette as it's opened the first time, but not the taste.

Every British 90s baby knows these

Oh man, this really takes me back. Do they still sell these?

>these came back
>they now belong to the minions

Whatever happened to these? They used to be in pretty much every half-decent vending machine and I swear they disappeared overnight

I'm not 100% sure, but I think those are still around. I recall having seen them at gas stations quite recently.

I miss the days when icecream was made on real doublecream, eggyolks, sugar, real berries.
Not the Breyers crap they are selling today.

These fucking things.

Step aside anglos.

>marshmallowey
>chocolatey
So it has no marshmallow or chocolate.

Gum/candy that came in containers shaped like pagers or cellphones.

Dannon or Yoplait had something like this in the US. They still might, but probably not aimed at kids anymore.

>a cherry coke and a brownie from the cafe right after gym class
Gotta make sure to negate them gains