Tfw wake up with the shakes

>tfw wake up with the shakes
this week started off so well too

Dont drink as many

The poster above me needs to be ignored. Drink in the morning too. No more shakes.

I feel mildly better but now upset that I'm stuck in this routine
I need to find a way to end this today so I'm not sick tomorrow but I don't know how

If you're at the point where you get the shakes you aren't going to end that "today".

Best you can do is drink a fuckload of water and make sure you get some solid meals.

Yeah I'm planning on alternating between a liter of water and 1 of OP related until I run out then I'll try to sleep and hopefully wake up sober

Check yourself into a hospital or rehab. Stopping cold turkey with alcohol can be very dangerous. You obviously have a major drinking problem and are an alcoholic. Get help man.

It's not that severe, I don't drink every single day but when I do it accidentally spirals out into multiple day longer runs and it fucking sucks. It stopped being fun in the middle of yesterday

If you get the shakes, yes, it's that severe.

That's called binge drinking and if you cannot stop yourself once you start, then you have a problem. You're in denial now, but the fact that you're drinking more in order to stop tremors should speak volumes. You'll realize the anonymous cunt on the Liberian scuba diving board was right one day. By then you'll probably be in financial and have lost important people who don't want to deal with your shit any longer though. Again, get help man.

I've only gotten the shakes one time it was terrible i was literally shivering and stayed under a blanket the whole day.

That was about two years ago and hasn't happened since then.

I did call out of work sick yesterday and drank the a 3/4 of a 1.75L of vodka for the day.

You're probably right, its' definitely blatantly problematic I just don't think it is to the point where I need to check myself into rehab or something

Damn straight. I have more sympathy for true alcoholics because they actually cant stop. Binge drinkers can feel back to normal after a couple of days of recovery. Stop whining.

t. fellow binge drinker

i only had one moment close to the shakes

i black out and saw vomit on the carpet. lights were on all night. my thumb would twitch if i applied small pressure to hold something.

Have you learned any good tricks to accelerate recovery
I feel pretty okay right now after chilling on 2 steel reserves but I'm worried I'm gonna crash later on and not be able to be productive

I'm also terrified of whats gonna happen when I run out in a few hours

>Have you learned any good tricks to accelerate recovery

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I did post earlier in the thread.

Yes. Drink a fuckload of water (or drinks like gatorade). Get some good food in you (though I know from personal experience that can be hard when you're strung out after a binge).

And lots of sleep. Keeping in mind that drunk sleep is not quality sleep.

Yeah I appreciated that post, I've been drinking a shit ton of water. The food thing is problematic because I don't want to go outside at all. I guess I can just eat a lot of fruit.

Happend to me too once i drank a whole 1.75 of menthol mint schnapps mixed with lifesavers worst experience of my life cant remember what happened when i got home my friends say i was begging for death in a pool of puke. woke up the next day shaking, chills and throwing up solid yellow bile worst day of my life

>the shakes
lol time to kill yourself retard, anyone who goes that far with alcohol needs to be eliminated from the gene pool

It never ceases to amaze me the cruelty brought out by anonymity.

You're a rude prick.

You'll be alright, mate. Wait till it goes away. I've found that income dependent one-on-one substance abuse counseling is the way to go.

AA blows chunks to me, but it works for some people.

1) Water
2) B Vitamins
3) Potassium
4) Animal Protein
5) Ginger Root (or something else for gut inflammation)

Vitamin Water Revive (the purple one) is helpful. because it contains water, b vitamins, and potassium.

At least I don't need to suckle on fermented grain like a desperate calf to get through the day

Why are alcoholics such degenerates?
All you need is cannabis.

>Why are alcoholics such degenerates?

GEE THAT'S A TOUGH ONE

cannabis is hard to use socially for me it enhances my autism

igtt 0/10

>to obvious
>to invested

Yeah, weed isn't addictive. I should know, I smoke it everyday.

I lol'd

Veeky Forums - Anonymous Alcoholics

I'M A FUCKING GENIUS
I just realized if I abuse cough syrup today the strength of that high will push me out of the alcohol hangover feeling tomorrow and I'll be more or less able to function

thank god

Alcoholl withdrawal can be unpredictable. The last two times I thought I was over the hill and three days sober into it I was walking around tripping balls. Fortunately I had to go to hospital for unrelated reasons and I detoxed there.

A sign of the liquor store in my area read, "IF YOU SEE A LEPRECHAUN, STOP DRINKING"

That would actually probably be the worst advice you could give for that.

>Just want to spend my time drinking and watching movies and TV shows
>Can't because booze is too expensive in Canada

I hate it here.

>I'll be more or less able to function

So, which one is it?

>clean for like a week
>end up hanging with some girl at 10am because I can't sleep anymore
>end up smoking crack all morning, chugging two 4lokos, throwing up then sleeping through my moms birthday party

that was monday

i don't know why i stop drinking, I'm still unhappy and mean I just feel more raw and vulnerable and have no way to cope

I guess it's better that I don't get drunk and start smashing my apartment anymore

>end up smoking crack all morning
neck yourself

same. i act completely retarded on weed. that plus anxiety.

That's how it starts dumbass. had a friend that would ask for change to buy more of these, he's dead now. he died pathetic. dont do this to your family and friends. talk about it, and get help. please.

I never got drunk before but u do drink enough to get yxxed but it's taking slot more to have an effect recently, the main reason why I don't go over buzzed status is because I gear hangovers even though I never had one.

you've never been drunk, but you type like a dyed-in-the-wool alkie

Fuck you OP. I got Delerium tremens from quitting cold turkey after 5 years of heavy drinking. I'm on Xanax just to help the withdrawal symptoms. The shakes is noob tier shit. Keep drinking you faggot

man what a fucking loser you are

i mean have you never smoked crack

it's pretty great if it's free

I like cocaine more though

>thread full of attention alcoholics calling someone else a loser

>had diarrhea, constant stomach discomfort, and phantom (and occasionally real) mudbutt for the last 5 years
>ruins my life, destroys my confidence, my comfort, my social life, all while I'm going through uni and my first year on the job
>doctors say it's probably IBS and I need to stop drinking alcohol and caffine, stop eating fried or spicy food, and get my anxiety treated to even have a hope of getting it under control

Needless to say I haven't been able to. Shit, I had 3 beers and a burger today, then smoked weed and got paranoid high. And when I go to my shit job tomorrow on 3 hours of insomniac sleep, I'll have to drink coffee and make it even worse.
I lost relationships, opportunities, and what should have been the most fun years of my life to constant fear and discomfort. Don't know if this goes in /alc/, but I'm pretty sure my heavy teenage drinking and attempt to brew sugar wine in a storm drain assisted in permanently fucking my intestines up.

I was at that point a few times, didn't have insurance so I bought a few klonopins for $3 a piece, some weed and a bunch of jugs of water...stayed in bed till it passed. Saved a a lot of money from not going to the hospital for alcohol withdrawal

>never got drunk
So you just happened to have a stroke while typing your comment?

pretty sure there's already an al/ck/ thread up already friendo

I hate steel reserves, I associate them with all the drunks who hang around town and think I'm their friend because I guess I nodded at some of them when I passed by them instead of ignoring them.

Don't become that, OP. Don't become the guy who hangs around at the bus stop drinking steel reserves and asking people when the bus gets there even though you KNOW when the bus gets there and you just want someone to talk to your drunk ass.

Too true. I see bums always drinking that shit.

They're probably shitposting on al/ck/ threads.

I'm back to normal more or less
God I have no idea how my week started off so great on Monday and now I have so much shit to clean up and lie about to prevent my life from self destructing just 5 days later.

This is shit, I need to stop falling back into this same cycle.

This. I've recently started working on not drinking. A few weeks back after drinking an absolute fuck ton more than I usually do (which is too much in the first place,) I ended up in the ER and had a couple seizures from withdraw. Just stop when you can. Day 2 is worse than day 1, but it gets better. 2 weeks out and I feel mostly OK except for some trouble sleeping.

>10 am
>I'm not gonna drink today
>11 am
>Made it an hour, awesome
>12 pm
Alright, half the day is gone
>1 pm
>I mean one drink wouldn't be so bad
>2 pm
>I guess it would just be more cost effective to buy a bottle rather than go to the bar, I'll just stop after one drink
>3 pm
>Well I barely got buzzed, another drink will be okay
>4 pm
>Well I'm close enough to drunk might as well keep going
>5 pm
>I've failed myself and everyone I've loved, I fucking hate myself

Repeat at least once every three days.

>>I've failed myself and everyone I've loved, I fucking hate myself

>tfw stuck at this phase and hiding from these people right now

Try to score some painkillers. Something like norco or percocet. Enough to keep you buzzed for like 3 days. 1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, 1 in the evening and 1 before bed, so 12-15 pills. It's the easiest way to kick alcohol addiction and have a blast while doing it.

Order in?

I remember those feels.

> Waking up in cold sweats
> Antsy feeling when not drinking
> Bored AF when first stop drinking
> mfw trying to justify cheating every day or saying that "I'll start weaning myself off it on Monday".

Stick with it Anons. I've been sober for over 2 years now (even quit the Tobacco, caffeine, junk food, and even fast food). It wasn't easy, but I finally made it.