Hey so Veeky Forums, I'm going to make dinner for my qtpi gf. For the main course I'm making Ratatouille...

Hey so Veeky Forums, I'm going to make dinner for my qtpi gf. For the main course I'm making Ratatouille, but I don't know what to serve with it.

Suggestions for the ratatouille?

Suggestions for the side?

General tips?

I'll post results of my cooking it and results of what she says about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

justasdelish.com/ratatouilles-ratatouile-confit-byaldi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just take her to Branson, cultural capital of America.

I don't think most girls like eating rat meat but good luck.

It's french man

You aren't a meme

A rat in french is still a rat in the end. Just remember, you are what you eat.

I hear the local kim-chi is great in that culinary capital

Pan fried chicken breast with herbs is the GOAT complement to ratatouille in my opinion.

On the side I always have couscous, but that doesn't make much sense. I just suggest you have some kind of starch.

Thanks for a real response, I was thinking some sort of oven cooked fish but that sounds good

How do you normally make the ratatouille

Ill second the chicken recommendation. Just dont over cook the chicken and make it chalky. As for the starch I'd do roasted fingerling potatoes. Coat them in oil, a little salt, and possibly the same seasoning you used for the ratatouille to tie in the flavors. Put them in the oven at 350 until they are tender.

>that fucking painful grammar in OP's pic.

That sounds amazing

Any suggestions for what recipe to use for ratatouille?

justasdelish.com/ratatouilles-ratatouile-confit-byaldi/

Op here, I'm going to use this one.

lol you obviously don't have a gf, this is just sad to read

Oh you caught me, just coming to the cooking board, and asking cooking questions so I can brag about a fake gf.

Fuckin neckbeard

Anyways here's what I'm doing

>Suggestions for the ratatouille?
Wait for summer in season local ingredients

Seriously though, ratatouille goes well with socca or panisse. And with poached or fried eggs.

Yeah that would be ideal, I did ok tho. I got some decent zucchini

ratatouille is a side

I know, but I'm serving it as main because she really likes it

Idk if this is the right way, but I cook the vegetables/fruit all together in a large skillet with herbs and garlic until the liquid starts to come out and it's the consistency of an extremely chunky salsa.

All the produce is in about 2cm cubes.

I usually add in this order:
Herbs and garlic
Onions
Zucchini + yellow squash
Tomatoes
More herbs + salt

It's hard to make it taste bad so I'm not fussy about it. I don't really do comfort food, but this is something I might describe as comfort food.

This is the normal way people do it, the method I put up is like the fancy way. Anyways I baked it to long but it's fine. Made the potatoes and some garlic bread along with it.

>that's the joke