Can I sue olive garden for breaking my microwave?

Can I sue olive garden for breaking my microwave?

I got bread sticks to go. the outside of the bag had no appearance that metal would be inside. So i reheated them late at night and boom my microwave went bye bye in sparks.

I bet they would settle if you got a lawyer who agreed to take the case

you just put the bag in the microwave without checking what was inside?

> how do I blame someone else for my incompetence

OP, your problems are of your own making

yes it was folded tight when i got it, and the outside showed no indication the inside would have metal

You must not be American friend, best leave this one to the experts

well you're simply a retard. have you never gotten food to go before? 9/10 it comes in those aluminum bowls. you don't deserve those trips.

he doesn't drink soda?!

Did you notice on the outside of the bag there's a big "DO NOT PLACE IN MICROWAVE" text on there?

It's only in giant letters in a high contrast font, so I forgive if you if you're stupid

Friendo, I'm as American as a bald eagle clutching a fresh apple pie.

But that doesn't matter, because you're still a moron for chucking something in the microwave without checking it first.

depends, are you from idaho? then your chances are good.

You could, but it'd cost you several thousand in lawyer's and court fees. Then the judge would likely dismiss the suit as frivolous anyway. There is a possibility that Olive Garden would counter-sue you and you'd be out even more money. You don't have a good reason to sue the restaurant here. This is 100% your fault.

Why don't you just contact the restaurant and tell them what happened? Best case scenario, they give you a voucher for a free meal.

probably the best advice itt

Yeah but how are you supposed to see that in the dark when you microwave breadsticks at 4 AM? This is grossly negligent on Olive Garden's part, there should really be LEDs on the bag

You sound like the kind of person to put a coffee maker in the bathroom then tries to sue the coffee maker company when it ends up burning down your house

9/10 lawsuits against corporations come from frivolous law suits where they didn't assume that there are brain dead morons in the population.

OP could get a settlement. It won't be big but if he gets a lawyer they'll give him something to go away.

>apple pie isn't American

Ok, say he does this. How much is it going to cost to have a lawyer write a letter or two to them? A few hundred dollars at least I'm thinking. Then the only option is to try which isn't going to work. How much does a microwave cost? $100? A wise man would realize he fucked up by putting a foil-lined bag in the microwave and move on with life.

A wise man would have looked inside the bag first.

OP is a stupid nigger, you're supposed to put those bags in an oven.

is getting a new microwave actually a big deal?

around here microwaves are like old crt televisions, either you or someone you know has like 3 old ones sitting in their garage or you pick one up off craigslist for like 5$ if not free

I'm pretty sure it says do not microwave right on the bag. It does.

>is getting a new microwave actually a big deal?

Nope

>either you or someone you know has like 3 old ones sitting in their garage or you pick one up off craigslist for like 5$ if not free

Those probably suck though.

Why would you not have at least opened the bag to vent the steam while cooking?

Why the fuck would you microwave a bag even if it didn't have metal in it you stupid donkey?