Is chef John GOAT?

Is chef John GOAT?

He's fat.

Uses too much cayenne

His YT comments are fucking hysterical.

And his oven baked ribs and carnitas are top notch.

I came here to chastise you about not starting the thread in his voice, but I watched a couple of his new vids... he's really toned his voice down.
Interesting.
Not as much as his allrecipes days.
Maybe I'm just used to his chirping now. Like I got used to Geddy Lee's vocals.

He's probably getting slightly more tired and disinterested, he's been doing it for quite a long time.

His greek style lemon garlic chicken is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I always thought he was black

>take a classic recipe
>simplify it so the plebs can make it
>replace some of the black pepper with cayenne
>and as always... enjoy!

Veeky Forums will defend this.

>doesn't try to meme or pull the HELLO FELLOW CHILDREN shit
>doesn't make topical, clickbait videos
>top tier video editing and quality
>Isn't just another exercise in ego masturbation
>genuinely enjoys the food he puts together, tests it rigorously beforehand
Food kino desu

You summed him up very well user. I enjoy his videos for all of those reasons.

I've tried out several of his recipes and they've all turned out great. His videos are top tier comfy too.

>tests it rigorously beforehand

there's a lot of videos of his where he tries something new, fucks it up, and is like 'oh well, this was a waste of time but here you go'

If Bob Ross and Mr. Rogers conceived a child while on a bed of cayenne peppers the result would be Chef John. Comfy as fuck senpai

...post forty

>Is chef John GOAT?

He is indeed. He is good at explaining technique and tricks, which is really what he is best to watch for. He is also very good at bringing up alternative methods and explaining why he prefers the way he is using, or would prefer to go back and do it a different way than the video shows due to the results.

>there's a lot of videos of his where he tries something new

He is transparent about that though and will tell you honestly how it comes out. That's 1000X better than most other youtube personalities out there.
If you can get past the accent... he's amazing.

he's a chef, he's not disinterested, he's just doing it differently

The positivity here is so humbling! I love chef John too!! :D

>He's not a youtube personality is the issue, he does his own thing; youtube be damned. Compare that to those adsense plebs who wanna colour their thumbnails and sell products; bleh -the cancer of post 2009 youtube.

This is Chef John from FOOD wishes dot com

Wiiiiiith.. user's GAY! That's right!

>Is Ben Franklin a serial killer?
>Boring pranks goes wrong, goes sexual, please I need money for a new BMW
>Big breasted woman in the thumbnail.png
>Please like, subscribe and comment so I get put on trending!

>heeeeyyyyy everyooooonnnnne

Why is John not deleted but Jack is? Pure bullshit

tried out his rice pudding recipe it came out pretty good

Because john is /ourguy/ and if you disagree you're gonna get the ol' tappa tappa with my freakishly small wooden spoon

Post the screenshot

he's trash

His instant mashed potatoes are better

>his fucking voice

JUST

Why can't there be a low carb food channel in his style?

Because then it wouldn't be "in his style."

Yup, basically this. Everything I've tried so far was good and can be made with reasonable effort.

I really like this guy. The garlic soup recipe changed my soup-creating life.

Agreed.

Nigger has decent recipes.

You can see his hands in the videos...

Easily the best chef who teaches REAL food for home cooks. Almost everything is reasonable enough to actually try, and the techniques are all usable even if you dont reproduce the recipe. I've learned more from this guy than all the other shows combined. The videos are about the food only, not the chef.

How does this even happen?

Freakishly small wooden spoon is a shitty forced meme. I wish he would stop using it.

I've found his recipes always solid, but when he isn't sperging out about unitaskers and the ensuing ridiculous shit he does to avoid them, Alton Brown has been more solid for techniques and reasons. More recently Serious Eats has been filling that void quite nicely

Looks like he forgot which way he was holding the knife and pressed his thumb into the blade.

His cadence satisfies my autism.

What kind of shit does he do to avoid unitaskers? I can't think of any time he sperged out about them off the top of my head. One thing that annoyed me is that in one of his biscuit videos he tells you to use all purpose flour and add baking powder and salt but he doesn't mention at all that that's the same exact thing as self rising flour. In fact his recipe is the pretty much the one that's written on aunt jemima self rising flour. Then in his new biscuit video he acts like self rising flour hasn't been around forever and he's letting you in on a hot tip or some shit.

He nicked his thumb on the heel of the blade

Chef John is the GOAT. Based af

Yeah, but how? Why would a person ever find themselves doing that? How does this man accomplish these things?

That's Jack for you.

Jack is a fucking retard. John is fucking GOAT.

He's good, but not GOAT.