What do you think of this sandwich, Veeky Forums?

What do you think of this sandwich, Veeky Forums?

not bad, seen better, seen worst

Op I LOVE it

Too much lettuce and ketchup

looks underdressed

The bread is too soft, I HATE wonderbread type sub rolls.

that lettuce looks like it's glistening with dressing.

Tbh ive just resorted to having bread cheese and salami. Ham is typically too bland and I'll just have veggies separately

Less cheese and more meat and I'd be all over that.

Would eat the fuck outta that sandwich.

>Ham is typically too bland

You're buying shit tier ham then.

I mean to say that the consistency is not as tough as something like salami,I like the saltiness more

Too much meat

Who is this semen demon?

Boars Head Tavern Ham is nice and salty with the good ham texture.

Looks good man.
I had one of the best italian style deli subs of my life the other week when I was in Los Angeles. The place is called Larchmont Wine and Cheese but they have a little deli counter in the back with amazing sandwiches. If you're in LA I'd highly recommend the Conquistador.

>fat and soft sub roll cut super thin on the bottom
>meat on bottom probably has mustard under it so why pile on lettuce THEN tomato THEN more meat? This is a slippage disaster plus that pile of meat in the middle doesn't have mustard and if it does one bite and all that filling flies across the fucking room
>provolone on top of the pile of meat, bet it's fucking smoked provolone, too - and what, just a lump of bread after it? is there mayo or mustard on the CHEESE? this is such bad design.

1. Use one meat - turkey, ham, roast beef, salami, or pastrami - only use two meats (and no more than two) if they compliment each other or you want to sauce up both sides of the bread and you ain't using tomato or avacado) or if you got a little fancy or expensive meat and it aint enough for a whole sandwich.

2. Use a good bread that can be toasted lightly and not rip up the roof of your mouth while accepting both liberal dressing or a light mayo mustard or butter spread. These breads are super hard to find but you can always use chibata or kaiser rolls and make a smaller sandwich.

3. lettuce isn't decoration or garnish, it's mouth feel and helps soothe your stomach after a huge bite. Shit needs to be fresh, not doused in oil (it's not a salad) and not only used to separate cheese from tomato (although it's not the worst idea) - pickle can more or less do the same.

4. Try simpler sandwiches, subs and shooters are interesting but you can get a lot more flavor mileage with simple cuban, pastrami on rye, ruben, tuna on marbled rye with cucumber slices, or an ajou roast beef,

as an example we can look at a simple club in order to understand why you wanna plan out the layers of a sandwich to create flavors that blend across the tongue and palate (aromatics on top, mouth feel on bottom). This is why the optional green olive skewering the two to four wedges of your sandwich divisions in a club is so popular.

So bottom piece of pan or soft white bread (homemade preferred, tons of recopies for this online) very lightly toasted with mustard and turkey and a little shredded lettuce with two thin sliced tomatoes mayo and the second slice of bread.

Then more mustard, more turkey, lettuce, and bacon (baked in the oven if ya got time).

The aromatic meat is on top the mustard is always touching the turkey, letting you mix it with every bite, the tomato and lettuce and mayo have great mouthfeel right in the middle and the lettuce (away from any sauce) prevents slippage even though it's not a big deal if you got a toothpick and olive holding it all together.

And with potato chips or fries or barbant potatoes, this is a perfect lunch or dinner.

a cockroach

would be better hot with marinara sauce.

I'd have to eat it upside down. i want my top teeth nearer to the lettuce.

I would actually fight someone for a sandwich like that right now. I can't find any decent sandwich places here in San Antonio.

Anyone know of some?