Do you forget the cost of alcohol in a bar?

Do you forget the cost of alcohol in a bar?

No, I find the bar staff are pretty good at reminding you.

Monetary or health costs?

that's an interesting idea.

if you could pay for things with parts of your health (instead of money), i wonder how many people would.

I drink at home then have only one drink at the bar. Sometimes I bring a flask or something else to hide the alcohol like a sunscreen bottle.

No. I drink before I go and have around 1-3 drinks while I am in.

You must be European.

Fuck no, especially when they try to charge non-happy hour prices on domestic drafts.

I thought the Jewry at the bars in Bahrain was bad, some places are just as bad here in the States

I'd gladly trade a year of my life for some free drinks.

Go to your local shit hole.

become friends with bartender.

pay $20 for night of drinks for me and my girl, usually 1 jaemson rocks, 3 whiskey sodas, 3 beers and 2 rum and cokes for myself.

Other times if i'm by myself and stay there late enough he just closes the register and says no money on the bar, so i sneak a $20 to him anyways for treating me right.

I generally always throw him a twenty at the end of the night regardless. it all evens out in the end I guess but its nice having a place.

Brool Story Co.

No. Bars are extremely overpriced. I'd rather buy a bottle of expensive booze and hang out with friends somewhere quieter.

That's what Doctor Faustus thought too

i was thinking more quality-of-life sort of health.

No, I'm just not poor so I don't care. When I was poor in college I got $2 naragansett tall boys or well liquor

Weirdly in Manhattan drinks can be cheap (cheaper than Boston or Long Island), especially at happy hour. I guess extreme competition does actually drive down prices... Los Angeles also is pretty cheap drinking, to me at least.

I guess so.
I will um and ah about a $10 meal at a bar but I'll drink $8 pints all day and night without even thinking about it.

In my mind I think food is optional but alcohol is a necessity.

No, but I'll pretend like I did

Nope.
A bottle of RTD in my city is like $9, when you can walk around the corner and buy a 6 pack for $16.

another great thread by this image.jpeg posting faggot. Go back to /tv/ and stop making daily threads with your ugly waifu

I'm picturing you slyly pulling out a suncreen bottle flask at the bar and everyone staring.

That said, I bring a regular flask and I go to the bathroom to sip from it.

wow dude those sure are drinks, glad you listed them all for us.

I absolutely do. Part of the reason I stopped drinking at bars is because I would regularly spend $50-$100 a night. I mean, the other reason is that my crippling alcoholism and depression caused me to lose all my friends, but the price was the main reason.

Who cares. I just swipe my card.

Man just save up your money and fly to Bridget Regan already

they don't remind you until you're about to leave though.

doesnt matter to me. I went to my regular bar ($4 double shot drinks) long enough that they hired me, and staff get free drinks while working.

I just make an excuse to go to work whenever I wanna go out for a drink. It's no different to when I was a customer except I stand on the other side of the bar and have to pour a beer every now and then. It's pretty comfy. I don't remember finishing work most nights.

I'm one of those bartenders working at a shithole. Yeah I will definitely skew things to your favor if you treat me write.

Suddenly you get a little more than 2 oz when you order some Whiskey. I let you "try" out some sample drinks, I forget to charge my bad. :(

Never got a complaint from my manager because guess what a good owner knows letting good guests get some value is good for business. When I started Grave Yard was straight up dead. I now always have 5+ people and when I'm not there they wanna know when I'll be there.

>mfw American bartender tipping metagame is actually a real thing
If a beer is $5 then I pay $5. You already get paid your wage to do your job.

Jamaal just because you're African American doesn't mean you get to pretend you don't know US customs.

I once smuggled in a tasty strong Baltic Porter into a bar. Fuck did I feel gangsta.

This is where it's at, ESPECIALLY in Vegas, where there's a machine at each barstool, and the bartenders are expected to comp drinks one way or the other. So if I've made pals with the bartender and someone's put $1,000 in the machine, they can move that over to me.

I tip well and come in frequently, but normally end up paying $20 for an afternoon of drinking.

you're just mad cuz your shithole country pays like shit, cunt.

>bar charges $7 plus tip for a $3 bottle of beer

I've stopped going to bars.

American, counting every cent in pocket.

Being euro-race, order international beer, tip accordingly.

No way if I go to a bar not hammered, I always go for the cheapest beer or specials

This.
>bar spends $5 on a bottle of house gin/vodka/rum/tequila
>sells shots and cocktails for $7 each
>easily gets 20+ sales out of a bottle

I go out way too much and feel stupid paying for drinks sometimes. Especially beer. 5-7 bucks for a fucking beer. I could get a 12 pack of the same stuff for the price of 2-3 beers. Or a couple handles for the price I typically spend when I go out. I live by myself now and am single so going out is just the best way to socialize and meet people, and most of my friends don't do house parties any more so we bar hop.

Going out...
Inevitable DUI incoming

cool story broseppe