I decided today that I'm going to go vegan

I decided today that I'm going to go vegan.

What are some good recipes?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcrm.org/health/diets/recipes
hotforfoodblog.com/recipes/
getvegucated.com/latests-challenges/mimicking-meat-tofu-tempeh-seitan/
nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-vitamin-d-should-you-take/
nutritionfacts.org/video/cheapest-source-of-vitamin-b12/
amazon.com/Oh-She-Glows-Cookbook-Recipes/dp/1583335277
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why not ease your way into being vegan by going vegetarian/pescatarion/etc first?

I did actually. Been lacto-pescetarian for 5 years. Just cutting the dairy and fish now. Possibly keeping fish.

Well I don't know about vegan recipes, but what are vegans/vegetarians opinions on insects?

Lots of vegans won't eat honey. Personally I draw the line a bit more liberally when it comes to animals, just try to avoid the big cute fluffy ones. I'll eat shellfish though and I'd eat bugs if I thought they tasted good.

Black bean brownies are pretty good.

I like to work beans and tofu into things whenever possible. Good source of protein & fibre.

>Hasn't even gone vegan yet
>Already telling everyone about it

The prophecy is true

>Black bean brownies
>I like to work beans and tofu into things whenever possible

Jesus fucking Christ, why would you voluntarily do this to yourselves?

lol more meat for the rest of us! XD

Based Edward Blom

A bullet.

[OBLIGATORISK AUTISTISK SKRIGENDE]

Gun and boolet.

Save yourself the effort m8.

Thank you for joining the good fight, my vegan brother.

If it were up to me, the exploitation of animals for their meat and fluids would be illegal and punishable by torture and death, like how we treat them all now.

Just chew on anything green, eventually you die..
Nice to have known you.

kek

Some dirt off the ground.

Don't knock them until you've tried them - they don't even taste like beans.

Also, can't speak for everyone, but I like to have healthy desserts that are almost as good as the real thing as often as I want, instead of having something unhealthy once in a while and still feeling like a fatass about it.

Pic related
If youre doing it for "morality" then youre a fucking idiot and plenty of people have reccommended the good choice of bullet.

If its for health then you should quit eating red meat and heavy fats instead. like heavy cream and cut so much butter out.
Veganism is fucking dumb, its a hassle and waste of time and if you have to re-learn how to eat in such a specific way that you dont end up malnourished then its not worth your time.

Besides, could you imagine never having eggs for breakfast or only soy lattes, quit being a faggot.

Why do you care so much? If he wants to go vegan let him go vegan. Stop being a sterotypical anti-veg aspie

I came to this board because I thought there would be less retards here. Turns out everyone on this site is a mentally ill tranny vegan from reddit.

>I thought there would be less retards here

No you didn't, you liar.

It won't last unless you've been vegetarian a while.

Just being realistic here.

What makes you say that?

You're dumber than all of them for thinking any Veeky Forums board wouldn't be full of retards

Totally anecdotal but I suppose it makes sense in an intuitive level as well.

Everyone I know is that's vegan transitioned from meat to vegetarian to vegan. Everyone I've known to just spontaneously 'go vegan' gave up relatively quickly.

Being a vegetarian trains you to eat other foods while still allowing for foods that satisfy like meat (cheese, eggs). Going from cheeseburgers to quinoa is too hard for most people

>cheeseburgers to quinoa

Well if you're going to switch over to super clean healthy eating while you're at it I can see how that would be difficult.

On the other hand, if you don't live in the middle of nowhere, it's pretty easy to get your hands on tons of vegan junk food.

recipe pls

[OBLIGATORISKT TRIGGAD NORRBAGGE]

Just because he's bringing morality to the food table doesn't mean you have to get so mad. He's just doing what he believes to be right.

If you are OK eating honey then why wouldn't you also eat milk and cheese?

What I do is instead of looking up recipes that are specifically advertised as being vegan, I look up any recipe that looks good and happens to be vegan or can be with minor substitutions. Vegetable soups like potato-leek/corn chowder/gazpacho, rice and beans/whole grain tacos, vegetable curries maybe with some coconut milk for creaminess, pasta with tomato or roasted squash sauce, SALADS with nuts/dried fruit and a vinegar, whole-wheat pancakes/waffles, overnight oats, etc.

This is a good starter list though if you are interested in healthier eating:
pcrm.org/health/diets/recipes

This one is better if you are just starting to cut out cheese and extra fat since they rely on a lot of tree nut-based sauces and those pseudo-meats which I've never cared for:
hotforfoodblog.com/recipes/

Ultimately if you aren't eating a lot of resistant starches (beans, seeds, etc) or tofu, look into making tempeh, seitan:
getvegucated.com/latests-challenges/mimicking-meat-tofu-tempeh-seitan/

Also make sure you are taking a Vitamin D (2,000 IU /day) & B12 (2,500 mcg/week or 250mcg/day) supplement since neither are very dietary-available and you WILL be deficient in them (as most omnivores are but don't realize it).
nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-vitamin-d-should-you-take/
nutritionfacts.org/video/cheapest-source-of-vitamin-b12/

KEK

Your neighbors lawn sounds delicious

The grass at the park should be safe to eat as well

Thai bean stew,
onions
button mushroom
red paprika
carrots
beans
bamboo
water chestnut
coconut milk
Red curry paste
Sambal Olek
vegetable stock powder

Serve it with rice

Why all the labels? Why do you need to virtue signal your goodness to all? Labels are fucking stupid. Just come and ask if anyone has any good vegetarian recipes, faggot.

>black bean brownie

You were touched as a child weren't you?

Vegetarian is a label.

Because bees are bastards and cows are lovely creatures.

Vegetarian cooking involves eggs and dairy which vegans don't eat. And then they get B12 deficiencies and meat cravings but they should be allowed to find that out by themselves by experiencing it.

>cows are lovely creatures.
The biggest bastards on the face of the earth! They live by a strict hierarchical system and are godless killing machines that can flip at just about anything!

Vegetarianism is patrician.

I decided to go vegetarian 6 days a week. Cheat day for meat because I won't give it up 100%

>eating monkey

Vegan means no animals, no animal products, no animal by-products. The question is - why are you deciding to go vegan?

If you are eating those things you aren't vegan.

Be careful following vegan/vegetarian knockoffs for classic recipes. I followed a "healthy (and vegan) chocolate chip cookie dough dip" that, supposedly, tasted "just like" real chocolate chip cookie dough even to friends who weren't vegan.

I didn't have terribly high expectations but I didn't mistake it for cookie dough whatsoever. It was overly sweet and blah blah, just be careful and don't get sucked into the notion that those pictures represent the taste. Those black bean brownies LOOK like they would taste amazing but if they are lacking in some common brownie ingredients they aren't going to be as good no matter how hard the photos sell them.

Humane killing of animals for food is not the same as torturing them for fun.

Sad!

> Been lacto-pescetarian for 5 years.
Then you really don't need our help. There are dairy substitutes you can use, and just keep doing what you've been doing so far.

When I switched to vegan I usually just googled whatever I wanted to have and added vegan at the end. Burgers? Google vegan burgers. Mac and cheese? Google vegan mac n' cheese. There's tons of websites out there that will spell things out for you. Fond of seitan stuff myself.

If you want a cookbook, I recommend this one. My ex made a ton of great meals from the stuff listed here

amazon.com/Oh-She-Glows-Cookbook-Recipes/dp/1583335277

Hope that helps. You're doing the right thing.

>I decided today that I'm going to go vegan.
Why? Are you aiming to get sick in order to score welfare?