Trying to get Veeky Forums but I dont want to eat boring ass meals of chicken breast and frozen veggies

Trying to get Veeky Forums but I dont want to eat boring ass meals of chicken breast and frozen veggies.
I want to make a big ass pot of soup to get my propros

what makes a lentil soup good?
beany soup secrets?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodwishes.blogspot.com/2011/11/minestrone-soup-is-once-in-lifetime.html?m=1
livestrong.com/article/508597-recommended-daily-sodium-intake-for-bodybuilding/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>what makes a lentil soup good?

Most important thing for any soup is the stock. Plain water is tasteless and textureless. You want a good homemade stock. It adds flavor and texture. And if you're into Veeky Forums it's also highly nutritious and high in protein.

>>beany soup secrets
You need a cured/smoked pork product to add to the pot while the beans cook. You can use bacon, a ham bone, smoked hocks, smoked neckbones, a chunk of old-school style country ham, etc.

I'd also suggest to start all your soups with a base of mirepoix. That's just a fancy name for finely chopped onion, celery, and carrot. You cook it in your soup pot for a little while, then when the onions go translucent you add your stock, other ingredients, and start simmering. This adds flavor and a lot of nutrition as well.

Thanks
What are the proportions between the onion celery and carrot? What other veggies could I add just fill it up with more healthy stuff

If i only have access to store bought stock, beef or chicken?

store bought beef stock is absolute garbage
chicken is ok

Bacon for lentil soup

Ham for split pea soup

>what makes a lentil soup good?

A little bit of tomato paste.

>lentil/bean soup
rinse your legumes
smoked ham hock, plenty of onion and garlic, vinegar that has been pickling peppers of your choice (I like serranos), bay leaf
adding other stuff can make it nicer, but just that stuff is enough to get a very good soup, perhaps with a little practice

yeah ive noticed a lot of recipes including tomatoes

could i just dice up some tomatoes to avoid the extra sodium?

how does it change the flavor of a lentil soup if i want to add, say black beans, to it?
should i just add more lentils instead?

NIGGER

Make minestrone. It tastes fucking amazing, pretty healthy, and it's easy to cook. I made it for the first time last weekend and it turned out good.

foodwishes.blogspot.com/2011/11/minestrone-soup-is-once-in-lifetime.html?m=1

>carb my shit up

Bitch you can make minestrone without the pasta

>I'd also suggest to start all your soups with a base of mirepoix. That's just a fancy name for finely chopped onion, celery, and carrot. You cook it in your soup pot for a little while, then when the onions go translucent you add your stock, other ingredients, and start simmering.

I scramble in an egg (or a few, depending on size of soup pot) before adding stock

but why?

ok core veggies

lentils
onion
celery
carrot
spinich
tomatoes

what other vaggies could i add? perf. high protein

just eat gulash (or stew as they say in america).
its soup with meat, what more do you need?

well cabbage and chard in soup makes more sense to me than spinach

how about red wine vinegar?

You could, but the flavor of tomato paste adds a richer taste than diced tomatoes would. Look for a no-salt-added paste before writing paste off.

Nothing wrong with sodium if you don't have hypertension. Especially if you are/want to be Veeky Forums.

livestrong.com/article/508597-recommended-daily-sodium-intake-for-bodybuilding/

Sodium being terribad for you is mostly a myth. BMI is the biggest factor in blood pressure and general cardiovascular health, people who consume a lot of sodium just tend to be fat people who eat shitty food like chips and French fries.

alright sick tips, ill update you fuckers tonight with my glorious soup

Trying to get Veeky Forums but I dont want to eat boring ass meals of chicken breast and frozen veggies.

the secret is to get active, get off your ass for a few hours every day, even just to walk, and you can increase your caloric intake by sometimes 2000+ calories.

the 1500-2000 mg sodium intake recommendation is based on a passive lifestyle, for the same reason the daily recommended caloric intake is around 2000 calories.

if you're active enough to burn 3000-4000 calories per day, you can become sodium deficient if you only take in around 1500-2000 mg of sodium.

Imagine if she was your mommy

if you wanna get lazy sometimes you can find frozen "veggies for soup" at the store. they include shit like celery and onion which are soup-core, makes a very decent lazy man's soup.

also, leafy greens are universally good in soup, never worry about adding leafy greens, just go for it.

For protein you want pulses like beans, lentils, chick peas etc. Mushrooms too

What does her butthole smell like?

I actually got to fucked her years ago, in our early 20s. We got drunk, snorted coke, had sex in public places.
In a crappy place i stayed, i demanded her to make me dinner. I guess she took of from there.

>Nigella will never nurse you while singing softly

is this a fuckin Nigella thread boys?

I want to stuff those titties with my bratwurst

test

>Trying to get Veeky Forums but I dont want to eat boring ass meals of chicken breast and frozen veggies.
Do keto

Chicken needs spices and sauces

This post cracks me up for some reason

Bump

Here's last night's ingredients (minus spices). That's 4 cups of lentils god damn. If fucked up all sense of proportionality. Misfits in the background.

Fucking took forever to simmer. Probably because I have too little water for too much bullshit but it smells great. After simmering I put that shit into a vacuum cooker so it can stew up over night

This is what it looked like after a night. I just added some more water and brought it back to a simmer

Looks like slop because it kinda is slop but it tastes amazing. Cheers

>Looks like slop because it kinda is slop but it tastes amazing

all my soups turn out the same way and they taste even better the next day

Nice thinkpad

Gotta have stew with meat and dumplings.

just eat less you fuckwit