Mole Crabs

Anybody here ever eat some mole crabs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WpvMifcrXQw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not me but from what I hear, they're edible. You just need a lot of them to actually have a meal since they contain so little meat.

So they're sort of like even skimpier crawfish?

As far as I knew, these are basically sand lice.

Apparently, they taste like soft-shell crab. I never knew they were edible myself until recently either.

No, but they look fucking adorable. What do they taste like?

I assume they have a mild crab or crawfish taste to them, they also have roe which is also edible

I've never tasted them although I have used them as bait.

You deep fry the shit out of them, taste like shrimp poppers/soft shelled crab. REALLY great for kicking back with a beer - ate alot of these little fuckers when I was in Thailand.

Woo,I had no idea these creatures even exist!

Now I must find out what they taste like...

Found this vid:
youtube.com/watch?v=WpvMifcrXQw

They caught it on a beach, cooked it, then ate it shell and all!

Seriously, it sucks being landlocked in Toronto sometimes, maybe when I'm older I'll live by the sea. It's not just seafood, I heard potatoes tasted better cooked in seawater. I could just add salt, but I'll feel bad using this much salt and then pouring it into the sewers.

i felt a deep sadness at the sight of those poor things writhing in agony.

Ate some in a "Mariscada" in Chile it was alright even though it creeped me a bit since it was whole, didnt have a memorable taste.

I'd rather eat a dog than kill one of those cute little bastards.

I down those fuckers like popcorn. They're nice raw. Same crunch, same saltiness. Gotta chew fast though, before they crawl out.

I don't think they feel pain. We feel pain because it gets us to move away from the harmful things that cause pain, and it makes us REMEMBER to avoid sharp things and hot things in the future - seafood just isn't that complex.

That said, I would have froze them a bit first.

nice try satan

kek

They're already dead when you eat them.

Seriously. This is Asian-tier cruelty.

But hey, instead of killing on animal to feed you or others for a few meals, why not kill a couple dozen as a snack?

"Seafood" clearly has evolved to avoid negative stimuli and have a sense of survival.

No I load up a circle hook with them on a hi-low rig and catch Stripers.

Sand fleas? I use them as bait to shore fish while at our beach cottage. I even have a little handled box with drain ports drilled into it to catch them.

>2017
>paying for fish bait

Raw chicken works great as well.

this. just because we dont understand the nature of there pain doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

that said plants probably feel pain too so its a fucked up reality to grapple with.

We call them Sand Fleas in Britain too but they are a little smaller than OP pic.

I know right, all those nerve endings and brain to process them

My parents are from Cobh, fished there every summer of my life until a few years ago when I got married and started my own family. Going to repatriate next year and take over the family farm.

The fishing and trapping industry in Britain is astounding, especially crab and langoustines. I'd give anything to crack open a still writhing langoustine and bite off its wriggling tail right now...

Surprisingly repatriation is effortless when you're a dual citizen.

Not all negative stimuli are derived to pain even in humans, much less sand crabs

Sea life and invertebrates still feel "distress" when introduced to harmful stimuli and will react defensively or offensively. They can also remember precursors to negative stimuli but it takes more reinforcement than it does for higher animals.
The problem is they don't conceptulize pain and it does not affect their disposition like higher animals. They react and move away but they don't "feel" pain and suffering.
I still find it a bit hypocritical when pescatarians try to justify just eating fish and invertebrates because they don't "feel pain".

Circumcision has been proven to rewire infant males to associate pain with love. Quite literally the worst thing you could do to your moments old child.

It's disappointing that most of the glorious seafood around the British Isles goes to Spain, Portugal and France, the EU has screwed things up bigtime with their quotas.

I wish you the best of luck with the farm mate, you're sitting on a goldmine.

Chinese megatrawlers don't help, they just come and flat out steal TRILLIONS of Euros worth of fish from Britain every year. It's obscene. One would figure a Navy would float out and force them to stop but no...

Thanks, the farm is only one of a half dozen left there so it's invaluable, can't let it get commercialized and paved over to make way for a Nandos or chipper.

Won't brexit help that? You aren't tied into EU obligations for resources like that anymore right? I could be completely wrong, but it sounded like you guys could restructure your imports and exports for what benefits you guys best?

We haven't left the EU yet, it will take a couple of years. (Article 50 takes 2 years)
Yes! It will help although it may take another few years to get things back up to speed again, it won't be an easy ride but long term prospects are much better.

I don't understand why whites aren't all vegans. They can't seem to handle the idea of eating something that was once alive.

>they're alive when you kill it

That goes for literally every food consumed by humans. This better be b8.

Tough to say. On the one hand Jersey Shore was scripted as shit, on the other hand Snooki is profoundly retarded, especially after getting punched in the face like that.

Oh fuck I thought it said "they're alive when you cook them". Holy shit the autism is real.

Too adorable to eat.

O B S E S S E D

Yes, I am obsessed with good food. Feeling a bit triggered, my caucasian friend?

>my caucasian friend
O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

My parents did it too me, but I didn't do it to mine...

you must cry yourself every night to the fact that millions upon millions of lives are born to die in every r-selective species.

Link to study?