/Whiskey/

>What are you currently drinking?
Laphroaig QC and just had a small glass of Caol Ila

I've tried many Laphroaig whiskey's and QC is still my favorite of them all

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/61gJXHzDKnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like triple wood but I haven't seen a bottle in store for a while. I've been drinking Monkey Shoulder tonight.

i'm on Macallan 18 tonight but i'm honestly more of a bourbon man. It just so happens that I had my last Blanton's last night and neglected to re-up.

Four roses small batch

Macallan twelve year for me tonight.
Just now diving into the world of whiskey, could use some guidance

Whiskey makes the man. I find that people are far less likely to give me a hard time while I'm enjoying a scotch neat and cleaning one of handguns at the kitchen table.

cool choice, haven't had Monkey Shoulder in a while

holy fuck
can you review it?
you can just drop such a bomb on us and not say anything about it

damn, good choice on the four roses

all this Macallan ITT
12yr is the shit pretty goat choice
12yr is better than 12yr sherry cask imo

Pour enough that a fly could drown in it to guests
don't take it too seriously
enjoy yourself rather than being elitist with obscure bottles / expensive whisky
if buying from a retail shop then ask to taste what you're buying, if you want to try some new things then try get your hands on sample bottles / 20cl bottles if it's a more expensive whiskey, also buying a set of 3 20cl bottles is a good way to try new whisky
it's ok to not like things, just trade with a friend, or keep it for a guest incase they like that

I like their cask strength unchillfiltered #3 from January 2011. Only got one bottle left. Thank you Veeky Forums for alerting me that supplies were running out, I got the last three bottles at the liquor store.

Just got a store bottling Arran 20. Comparing it to the 10 at the moment.

Yeah this is definitely up there for me as well
I did the same, and picked up a few bottles for my friends as well

I haven't tried the 20 yet
only had the Arran 12 cask strength and 10

how does it compare ?

Cheepo Canadian whiskey. Getting fucked once a weekend til I can start smoking weed again. I can only handle sobriety so much before I want to die.

Drinking is for losers.

t. abullah abdullah muhammad mo fazik

Funnily enough I am opening my bottle of QC this afternoon. It is great stuff, I agree it is the best one of the lot.

Got some Glendronnach 18 as well I have been meaning to open, might try some of that as well.

err
cool

found the coffee drinker

damn I'd love GlenDronach 18 or a 15
the 15 blew me away

I really want to try the 21 some day

>I really want to try the 21 some day
It is really something else, my Dad had a bottle in last time I was home and we had a few drams. Really rich and full bodied, and a very long finish. At £90 on Amazon it is actually really good value for what it is.

you actually think it's worth £90 ?
hmm, next time I go to my retail outlet I'll ask about it, see if they have any in
maybe It's something I'll buy on my birthday for myself

Bowmore 12. Gross.

sorry to hear ;_;

Yeah I do, especially when you consider things like Highland park 18 is about £100 and Macallan 18 is approaching £200. I personally think it is better than both of them.

It is the sort of thing I would dip in and out of and not drink too much in one sitting so a bottle would last a good while.

Most Bowmores I have tried have been a bit disappointing and bland which is a shame.

hmm ok, you make a solid point
I'll ask around, see if my friends have it or any retail shop does
either to try it, or get a cheaper price, or trade who knows

you want the independent bottlings from bowmore, their core range is pretty bad imo

It's weird, while drinking the 10 in the months prior, I didn't have any complaints. But head to head with the 20, the 10 is a constrained, imperfect version. The flavor profiles are similar but the 20 kinda bursts with flavor, and doesn't have the rough edges that the 10 has.

>whiskey
Yuk

Bowmore 15 Darkest is the GOAT mixing scotch though

Try it in a Rob Roy and have your mind blown. Even better than Laga 16

fuck off alcoholic shit-head. drink yourself to death! stop posting whiskey threads on here somebody ban this weirdo.

sounds appealing

very noice

>Yuk
yuk

fuck off coffee man

>if you like coffee you can't like whisky
What kind of shit for brains logic is this?

Quit drinking if you can't learn self-control, m80.

Its not the same whisky gentleman posting these threads my friends. Just leave, there are more whisky enthusiasts than absolutists here.

Why are you not watching Ralfy?

You should thy the new Laphroiag Four Oak - I was pleasantly surprised.

Really despise these triple woods and bullshit, I'm not paying the same price for some liquid that's been 3yrs in total in different casks compared to one that's been 10yrs or 12yrs in the same one, meticulously crafted. I'd suggest all anons don't buy NAS whisky, it's fine if it's 10 or even 8 but that they state it. Bourbon is ok without an statement since it's cheap as fuck and have many other strict rules that the scots don't have.

bumpo

>In a bourbon phase

Tried Knob Creek single barrel last week, and it was great.

Just bought a bottle of Makers Mark cask strength, and it's like water by comparison. Won't be buying it again.

The Quarter Cask is great. I have a bottle of Lagavulin 16 at home, can't wait to get off work.

mah nigga

tried this today, pretty meh as well

also this is tasty as fuck

Jim Beam Devil's Cut

Just bought this last week and I love it. Also have a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label.

How smooth is it?

YES
MY COLD IS GONE
I can finally drink again

going to celebrate with glenfarclas 25

Weeb whiskey

does it have maple syrup in it or is it just aged in maple wood? The former sounds gross

I'm drinking to get drunk, so just some of this.

Yeah, makers mark is overall a disappointing dram in any form. Weller 107, Turkey 101, both those are better. Also buffalo trace is kinda bland, at least at this euro trash 40abv I get it at.

youtu.be/61gJXHzDKnA
just made a mixed drink with jim beam. adding blue gatorade and mountain dew.
gag worthy sweetness.

seems disgusting as fuck desu.

Whats its biggest note? Like what does it taste like of in general?

desu

glue flavoured sugar really does not sound appealing

Excellent taste, I have some nikka from the barrel myself

Hulkpiss life