Local Humiliation General

>Go on Yelp
>Find nearest food establishment
>Share a one star review

nearest place had all five stars with the exception of this 4 star review.

>The chicken wings smelled foul (no pun intended)

1/2

For a local sushi place that my friends hype up like it's some next shit, but it's honestly nothing too great.

2/2

This place went out of business a while back but the reviews were hilarious.

Didn't read this fucking novel, but I'm sure it's a shitty review just based on the person's picture
I've never been inside this place, but everybody says its shit

I guarantee she's a "quirky" overweight woman with too much self confidence.

Mary S. is a real cunt.

Bingo

A review should be about the food, not about yourself. I guarantee a woman wrote this.
just get to the fucking point

I'm sure the place is horrible, but that woman sounds flyover as fuck.

>The egg drop soup looked and tasted like colored water
>tasted like colored water

kek

John J is a fucking boss.
Good on him for having the guts to say it how it is.
Would dine anytime at BOB/10

I'd eat here just to spite that bitch
People who take seating into their own hands and ruin the floor setup are the worst and make the server's, kitchen's and other guest's lives so much harder and really hurts a busy dinner.
also
>jon taffer host of Bar rescue
Worse than the fags who watch too much kitchen nightmares and suddenly become an expert on food safety laws and regulations

I can't sort Yelp by rating. What gives?

close enough

Deep dish is good but thin crust is legit bad

Please post more, this sounds incredible

>mfw pizza memes between Chicago and New York are real

place is called #1 kitchen

Most of these reviews are just stupid and boring.

>1 star.
>The food sucked and it didnt taste good wah wah wah.
>I'm mad because other people like it and they told me to try it.

Enough of this pansy bullshit. Let's see some temper tantrums .

they both sound like complete fuckwads. the owner even more so for engaging in a he said she said argument. it would have made more sense to just use a canned "sorry about your poor experience, here's a coupon" response than engage into a showdown like an insecure teenage retard.

I disagree.
He has every right to defend his restaurant, especially if he is completely honest in his response.
Handing out coupons here and there is probably what the woman wanted and is used to.
I'd always chose a restaurant where the staff care enough about it to defend it over one that just bends over and gets fucked by every customer.

>Americans actually believe this

except the coupon is just a backhanded "resolution." the idea is that she won't come back so the coupon won't be used, but it makes the owner look generous and like he wants to make his customers happy.

i see a response like that and i automatically think the owner is a jackass with a holier than though attitude, and the political quip just further proves that he's insufferable. yeah, it's clear she's a cunt. her review makes it clear enough, so there's no need to try and make her out to be an even bigger cunt unless you're a cunt yourself that just can't let things go.

Ah ok, gotcha.
Yeah in that sense that's probably an ok strategy.

Based BOB

I agree. It's better to not publicly drag yourself and your business down for thw sake of standing up for yourself. Yeah, 1 star reviews suck, but plenty of potential patrons will see his reaction and decide to go elsewhere in fear that, if they, themselves have a poor experience, it may not get resolved, and instead receive a snarky retort from DA BOSS.

It is important in the biz to kill them with kindness to their face, and if needed shit talk them behind their back.

probably a flyover that has never ate at a nicer restaurant
>pasta was chewy not aldente
Probably confused fresh pasta for being undercooked. When I started at the italian restaurant I worked at previously I never tasted a homemade pasta and thought it was kinda chewy at first, but it's actually a lot better than the dried stuff.
>salt is not a food group
You use a lot of salt in any restaurant. A lot of older white folks have a strange aversion to seasoning food. my parents, for example always tell me to not use salt when I cook because of muh sodium, and guess what? Their food is bland and shitty. If you don't like seasoning than ask for no salt in your dish and complain about how bland it is.
>muh wine pour is too small
Wine pours are not supposed to be big. again this shows that the person has probably never been to a nicer eating establishment/bar.
>muh music
You're not the DJ. A lot of places won't play shit that's blatantly offensive, but if you don't like what's playing then leave
>muh bill is too much
if you thought that was gonna be too much than why did you eat there?

>sheik

>not enjoying some allah akbar with your dining experience
pleb

I as under the impression New York City was known for pizza not Buffalo New Yorker

Ming's Asian Cuisine:

Meh tier fusion restaurant. I know if someone is a flyover if they genuinely enjoy the place.

The time I went there I got what I think was intended to be Singapore noodles, but they called it curry something. Tasted bad.
To make matters worse, they tried to rush us through the whole meal b/c some patrons wanted our spot.

>Their food is bland and shitty
or maybe you are so addicted to salt you forgot how yo taste what's in your mouth outside of the primary receptor of your tongue that aren't dead from smoking.

>yelp reviews

top fucken kek

Yelp reviewers are cancer.

Hai Joe.

>plenty of potential patrons will see his reaction and decide to go elsewhere in fear that, if they, themselves have a poor experience

Their own poor experience was a result of their own actions.

The poor experience of everyone surrounding them is not.

The owner is completely in the right. If I were one of those who were inconvenienced by these buffoons, I wouldn't return until the owner had sorted them out and made sure that they understood that inconveniencing others is not appropriate behaviour.

>defending a random expensive place that's a cheap ass stingy oversalted mess

Why?

That's your call. I would like to see how long a business would last under such gung-ho ethics, because odds are it would not last more than a year.

I'm surprised these weren't removed by Yelp. I wrote a review there once where I compared two restaurants (both gyros places, and it was a detailed and very honest and fair comparison), and Yelp deleted the review and froze my registration. I quit bothering to post anything there because fuck Yelp.

What the FUCK is that second thing supposed to be?

I've never been here, but I used to pass by it on my way to cookout during late night food runs. The place is adjacent to a fucking industrial warehouse of all things.

> the debate was over a pizza with half jalapeños or half as much jalapeños but on the whole pizza

How incompetent do you have to be to not understand what half a topping means on a pizza

that is actually a brilliant strat

If your only review is going in-depth to say why the reviewed restaurant is worse than another, they could think you're the other restaurant's owner trying to prop up his own business, because shady people do do that all the time

Couldn't find lower than 2.

>I just lost all of my appetite when I saw how their mother, swoosh and whiz, cleaned the pizza oven with the mop, together with the floor. Not recommended.

* pic

There's a restaurant that actually asks customers to give it 1-star reviews. Not because of picky or spiteful customers, but because Yelp tried to shakedown the owners in order to make better reviews more visible, and they weren't having any of it.

I know it's a bar and not a food establishment but the horrific reviews and cringey responses from the owner are worth it Read S F.'s review of Salzy on Yelp

I copied the text because I am on my phone and couldn't get a screenshot of the whole review.

I had a great experience the first time I ate here. That was well over a year ago. I was planning to go again tonight so I decided to read some of the recent reviews. I came across this interaction between the (new) owner and another yelper. After reading the owner's response to this person's review I have decided that I will not return to A+A Sichuan China. If this place is run by someone who is this petty then forget them. Asia Cafe and Sichuan Garden (in Round Rock) are so good that I don't need to support this joker's business.

Comment from Ji C. of A Plus A Sichuan China, Business Owner
9/1/2015 I understand your frustration not be able to get the "special treat" you have been enjoying for a long time. As a new owner, I need to be fair to every customer. Every modification of a dish takes a lot of effort in the kitchen which you probably will never think of. Have you ever given a thought what would be like in our kitchen if all our customers like you want something extra for free? Above all, this is what I want to say to you. If you can be grateful instead of frustrating about things you are not entitle to, you will be a lot happier eating in our restaurant. I understand I hurt your feeling. Please understand me that I have to do the right thing. You are always welcome to our restaurant.There are a lot of areas for me and our restaurant to improve. We won't be perfect, but we will be better. Thank you.

So the owner is saying it takes "a lot of effort in the kitchen" to add a little more broccoli and less beef to a dish? What a clown.

sorry I obviously have no idea what I'm doing

one star reviews that amount to "the place is overrated" always make me think that the reviewer is retarded and/or a shill. overrated doesn't mean bad, so it shouldn't deserve a one star rating. if your only comment is that it's "overrated" then it's pretty clear that it's not bad because you'd explicitly list all the things that make the place bad.

worst part is that he allegedly went there multiple times and still rated it one star, which just makes him look even more retarded.

We've all been there. It's okay.

>"Do you support Hillary?"
>"Well trump won!"
>"What are you brown?"
>"You look brown"
>"Does that mean you're a terrorist?"
>"Yeah you're a terrorist"
>"You're going to blow yourself up outside"
>"You'll be deported soon anyway"
>"Oh and me and you can't be friends because I'm Jewish and Jews and Muslims can't be friends"
kek for a new yawker she sounds pretty based.

I've been there a handful of times myself when I've been in Detroit, and they legit make the best 'go 'za in town, and their thin crust (which is really just a normal crust by anyone else's standards) was damn good too, they use a great sauce

It is a bit expensive, but there's a good reason why the place is always packed, and I think that faggot just wanted to be a hipster and say he hates the thing everyone else likes, especially since he never once actually pointed out any specific thing he didn't like, just "it's bad"

That honestly sounds pretty shitty, and John makes it sound even worse.

This is pretty much the way I see it. It's more or less expected for unreasonable retards to give 1 star reviews that no one takes seriously, the fact the owner went on to write a big long butthurt essay in response makes it look like they legitimately fucked up and are trying to perform damage control.

>I'm a New Yorker, I know thin crust pizza.

Literally can't roll my eyes hard enough.

tyler blown the heck out

Fucking lol

This is a local family run Thai place, and the best in the area for sure. I totally know which delivery guy she means, and he's obviously legit mentally challenged but harmless. Also, the area is a little shady in general, (Bangladeshis, blacks, and Koreans all in a gentrifying neighborhood, what could go wrong?) and a sperg delivery guy is the least problem we have going on.

I think his response was critical because he answered vague claims like a lack of customer service with a detailed explanation of how the rest of the customers in the restaurant were having their experience ruined by one table. The restaurant will be better off without the business of those entitled few. Those customers sounded like the sort of folks who say "I'll take my money elsewhere then!" to a crowded place with a wait. Here's a clue worth remembering: NOBODY CARES if you threaten to take your loud complaining money away from a busy, happy place.

Cuck

been there, its GOAT

>You use a lot of salt in any restaurant.

Are you trying to suggest that it's not possible to oversalt a dish?

Why are you trying so hard to defend this restaurant? Do you work there or something?

No bad review in my area at all except for one vegan complaining that there was no vegan dish.

Going to agree with the other guy, you're a cuck.

These people can go fuck themselves with a rake, miss menopause was most likely expecting free shit after her party of animals decided that if rules of nature are enough for them it's good enough for everyone around them.

Every fucking time.

>0 friends
Sounds about right

Authentic Chinese restaurants are GREAT for bad reviewers because a bunch of dumb white flyovers go there and order the orange chicken and get mad that it sucks.

>For starters, I don't think these other reviewers know what Chinese food is supposed to taste like

If you're scared the owner is gonna chew you out for saying something bad that's probably because you know you're gonna be a humongous asshole about it. I complain at restaurants rarely and when I do I'm not a total dickhead about it and I've never had an issue. Seeing the owner of a restaurant have some balls and standing up to rude customers personally makes me want to eat there more. I wish Yelp had a Bullshit button alongside the Useful, Funny, and Cool ones.

Well, you can tell your boss that you defended the place on a Thai ladyboy appreciation whiteboard.

>Overland Park, KS
That town is full of retards.

It's alright.
it's kinda boring while you're growing up, but once you're old enough to drive down to KC it's a lot better. I moved to lawrence for college for a while and that place was leagues worse than OP.

Neat place by the river. Never really had a bad experience there but I would not write home about it.

Another place that focuses on seafood. Not sure who this is humiliating more though

Meh, I didn't have the best time when I lived in Kansas so that might color my opinion on the state as a whole. KC was pretty cool, though.

I'm not quite sure why she thought taking the sick person out to eat was a good idea.

Most likely a fat slob who was more interested in feeding herself than actually being helping a sick "friend"

Kansas as a whole is a shithole, don't get me wrong. Johnson county and a little bit of douglas county are the only places worth living there at all.
I live in JC right now and I'm itching to move to missouri, once I can get enough money to secure a little chunk of land for me and some bees

>jalapeños
>"to spicy hot"
Pinches gringos

I work at this restaurant.

I have no idea who this short old man is.

We've never employed a short old man.

Well I'm not, so fuck those faggots.

All dente basically is supposed to have a lot of resistance, ie chewy

Wow the person that wrote this is just a big chunk of cancer

This is the worst review for a bakery about a minute from my house. I don't go there often myself because the staff think I'm insane but their food is top notch.

I like the idea of a random old dude completely unaffiliated with the property deciding to argue with a group of middle-aged women for no reason.

>For a local sushi place that my friends hype up like it's some next shit

What strange method of communication is this