Anyone here a regular at certain restaurants? how has that changed your dining experience, any stories?

anyone here a regular at certain restaurants? how has that changed your dining experience, any stories?

When I was in high school the sushi place I went to regularly gave me a free meal when I only had enough money for rice, i now have a reserved seat at the bar

There's a Vietnamese place by my old Highschool that I've been going to for years, it's pretty nice, I can just walk in and take a table and they already know my order. I also go to a Sushi place and the lady will always give me an extra piece of sashimi with my order.

there's a Mexican restaurant that i go to a lot, and the hostess there is basically another mom to me. if i go in and don't order anything, she knows I'm broke, and she covers me whenever I need it. but i tip her over 50%, sometimes over 100% if i can afford it. Comfy as fuck, man.

so you give her a 100% for her to pay for your meals with?

huh, lucky woman

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ my usual is only $6.00 so it isn't like I'm shilling out my life savings. I like the food, and i like her company. 2/10 made me respond

>that fucking shrug emoji

You just walk in and don't order anything? So you're a beggar

My dad and I used to go to this wing chain about once a week for a year or two. I'm sure the staff thought my parents were divorced, but my mom and sister just really hated wings. We didn't get any free shit like the rest of the anons in this thread though

I was until they saw me taking pictures of other customers and asked me to leave and never come back or else they would call the cops.

There's a british pub near my office. Been going there 1-2 times per week for two years now.

They know I want a pint of Arrogant Bastard when I sit down, but that's about it.

$6.50 prime rib on Wednesdays, half price pizza on Thursdays, and the pint is only about $3, which is insanely cheap for a AB.

Me and my friends go to the same dennys a lot because for some reason the food at that one is fantastic. Same manager for over 6 years man and he is a great guy.

Thay dennys makes some fucking great fries.

nothing of what you said refuted how you're a deadbeat though, do you see that? \ (~_^) /
if you tipped her $70 and have her pay for a $70 meal, you're still too cheap to be eating out.

Why would you go to a restaurant if you don't have money? Isn't this just panhandling?

I go to this coffeehouse very frequently. When I dropped out of college, I went probably every day for a month or two. Now, it's only once every week or so.

The baristas all know me somewhat and make some small talk. They all know my order (a mug without cream). The mugs are a $1.35 with free refills, so I tip heavily and proceed to loiter there for a bit. In the back room they have a large collection of pinball tables. In the summer my friend's and I gather to play cards on their patio. It's a comfy place.

Oh my god. I would kill to have a place like that. You are a lucky dude my dude.

It's about the only thing my town has to offer. I live in the 5th most boring city in America.

Explain yourself

He's saying when he has money to pay for his food he tips her generously to match the generosity shown to him... is that too hard to comprehend you stupid monkey?

>he

I'm trying to shame him for being poor and grifting some old mexican woman for handouts.
To say "I tip her" should really be "sometimes I pay her back idk lol"

6 bucks as a tip would be good if it was actually in mexico, maybe it is though

Just moved to the other side of the country and I'm a barfly, so I just picked a place when I got here and tried it out. It's a mexican place. Food is pretty good and the portions are huge. It's pretty americanized though. I'm more of a drinker though, so I always post up at the bar. I know all of the servers now and am pretty good friend with my bartender. Happy hour is 50% off all alcoholic drinks and they have a good $5 happy hour food menu from 3-6 and after 9pm. I don't get off work until 6, so I text my bartender buddy and he throws in my order while I'm at work so my order is on happy hour prices.

The manager is a cool dude and orders a couple specific bourbons that I like since it's mainly a tequila/vodka/beer bar. I get free shots pretty frequently and if my bartender is also drinking, my tab is $12 no matter how much I drank that night. It's pretty comfy. Has some great regulars who I always enjoy boozing with and a few of the servers are pretty sexy. One of them is legitimately the most attractive chick I've seen in the last year, she's stunning.

Yup. That's bout it. I found a diamond in the rough on my first try to find a new bar to go to luckily. Good times. Hungover from last night.

if you don't have enough money to pay for a $6 meal, it sounds like you are shilling out your life savings

Many. When I find really good restaurants in a particular genre I tend to become a repeat customer. I also tip well, so I get treated really well by waitstaff who recognize me.

Best story was on my second date with my now wife. I took her to my favorite restaurant, and at the end of the meal the waiter comes over and mentions that "James would like to send you a dessert." We accept, and then she asks me who James is and I get to mention that he's the chef.

That's what it sounded like to me. Prob some homeless bum DESU.