What went wrong?

What went wrong?

The taste.

/thread

HFCS

But blind taste test indicated that more people like the new formula.

Basically just a modified Diet Coke with HFCS instead of aspartame. Also the main problem is that fans of classic Coke didn't appreciate them replacing it for the new formula. This wasn't so much the case when Coke Classic returned around 86/87-ish, where the new formula was also sold alongside it, redubbed as Coke II since then.

Of course the problem with modern Coke Classic is obviously HFCS. The closest you can actually get to a Coke that doesn't taste like shit is probably Mexican Coke or Coke Life (depends, if you don't like the taste of stevia much)

I thought it was pretty good.

>/thread/ing your own thread

>photoshoping out the (you)s

why did you go to all that work to convince some dick on a danish carwaxing seminar that your pointless thread isn't shit?

I did the /thread post

Go fuck a cactus

Anywhoo, I remember when new coke came out. One of the biggest WTF moments ever. I literally wish I could fight the faggot who came up with the idea.

I see Mexican coke at the store so maybe I'll give it a try. I wonder if there are any quality control issues? Like will I get instant diarrhea

wow what an amazing blog bro

Fuck off edgelord I can post more than one shitty meme line if I want unlike you

I bet people wouldn't even have noticed if they didn't spend 10 billion dollars marketing NEW COKE.

where do i subscribe?

maybe I can learn to be a rambling fuckface too

I'm not THAT good at it, but you seem to have it nailed

The amount of ass pain for you is off the charts

So was it any good?

Pretty silly to assume anyone on this board is old enough to remember.

>billions of dollars spent on marketing
>traditional, classic, all-american cola
>train literal generations to drink your product from cradle to grave
>then try to change it

gee i dunno boss, why don't they like the new coke???

>projecting

keep trying, slugger

Okay,I will :)

*slugs a load inside your mom*

Nothing. Everything went according to plan. They intentionally introduced an inferior product, and when demand for the original product skyrocketed, the Coca-Cola Corporation brought back the "original" product but with high-fructose corn syrup instead of real cane sugar, which is much more expensive than hfcs. It's one of the biggest swindles of our time and not many people know about it.

That's just a conspiracy theory.

I bet you have infowars as your homepage.

They already took out the cocaine; this was just twisting the knife.

It's not a theory, it's exactly what happened. They introduced New Coke, which had a different recipe and a noticeably different taste. Then, when Americans wanted the old recipe back, Coca-Cola brought it back and sales went through the roof, except this time they were using cheap corn syrup instead of real sugar imported from South America. This happened. Whether or not they did this on purpose is the question.

I bet you think they did it on purpose, Alex Jones.

Not who you're replying to but if you think giant corporations don't make sleazy decisions in secret to turn a profit, I suggest reading a few books about the food industry

Coke filled store shelves with a new product on accident. They promoted their new product on accident. They changed the recipe on accident. They brought back the old recipe on accident. They began printing "original formula" on every can on accident. They stopped importing cane sugar into their US plants on accident. They began buying bulk high-fructose corn syrup on accident. It was all a big misunderstanding.

Lol you're so mad kid

Go back to peddling that shit that turn people blue Jones.

>he just keeps replying
>he's probably in tears

It was noticeably different. Almost like you had 4 parts Coke and 1 part Pepsi. It also wasn't as sweet

Uh oh the fag is using memes. Imagine being this booty blasted on Veeky Forums

I get pretty butthurt almost every day I visit Veeky Forums, so I don't have to imagine anything.

rofl. you fell for the meme. In taste tests between American Coke and Mexican Coke, the participants either favoured American Coke or found no discernible difference.

>replying is the only control he has in his life
>he can't even type the word 'his'

Ausfag here. never tried american coke. ours has cane sugar in it.

My dad who is in his 60's says coke used to tase more bitter and leave a aftertaste and he's certain it was because it had arsenic or some shit in it.

>rofl
kill yourself. are you even old enough to post here?

This.
They wanted to start using HFCS, but had to reverse psych the entire population so people wouldn't bitch about the taste. "New Coke" was never supposed to be successful. It was a perfect (albeit diabolical ) example of mass marketing.

What? New Coke was definitely sweeter than the old formula.

You must be at least 40.

Your dad is senile, fuck him.

Coke could've easily gotten away with silently switching from sugar to high fructose corn syrup. What were people going to do, post flyers and hold mass rallies and boycotts once they found out?

>What were people going to do, post flyers and hold mass rallies and boycotts once they found out?

Ideally, they should have gotten the law which resulted in the switch to HFCS changed.

The US soda industry used to use sugar just like the rest of the world. However, an Ag bill passed in the late 1970's created import quotas and taxes on imported sugar. As a result the price of sugar pretty much tripled overnight. Even today the cost of sugar in the US is roughly 3x what it is everywhere else in the world. When the price of sugar spiked the majority of soft drink makers switched to HFCS because it was suddenly cheaper.

This can be un-done by removing the import duty and quotas. Then sugar will once again be cheaper, and HFCS will be gone.

Why can't the USA produce their own cane sugar? Is it only because of climate? Even in Hawaii?

We do. One of the largest producers in the world. 10th, to be exact.

So why does it costs 3 times more than the rest of the world? Is the US demand too big?

I believe it has to do with laws, regulations, taxes, and the cheapness of HFCS. On the other hand, prices have about evened out between sugar and HFCS, so maybe things will change soon.

just go back to /b/ and be butthurt there