What's the best bread you've ever had at a restaurant?

What's the best bread you've ever had at a restaurant?

Hard mode: no Red Lobster, Outback, Olive Garden, or Texas Roadhouse.

>Hard mode: no Red Lobster, Outback, Olive Garden, or Texas Roadhouse.

You really need to get out more.

I'm just trying to preempt the mouth-breathers who would instantly respond with chains that are somewhat known for their bread offerings.

Literally any decent restaurant in Germany, France, Spain, or Italy.

Peruvian

Johnny's Italian Steakhouse serves a basket of soft, fluffy, warm bread right after you sit down. It's really good, they provide olive oil and parmesan cheese to put on it.

Can't find a pic of the bread, so here's a pic of my usual dinner order from there.

There's a kebab shop not far from me, looks pretty unassuming from the outside, basic seating, they have one of those tall circular grill things that they put skewers of meat inside with charcoal at the bottom (what's it called?). They give you a free fresh warm basket of bread if you order enough and it's really good, served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping. It's basic, but extremely tasty.

Romano's Macaroni Grill has a rosemary bread that's very good when dipped into olive oil.

The only thing at the cheesecake factory that I don't want to wipe from existence is the Pumpernickel bread.

Still one of the most overrated shitholes in the United States

their chicken costoletta is bretty gud

shame its like 2,500 calories

Traditional high end Scottish restaurant in Glasgow, best bread I've ever had in my life.

The Pizza Crolla?

Implying that British bread isn't superior

>What's the best bread you've ever had at a restaurant?
Best is kind of hard, OP. It's not usually a chain, that's for sure. I always have really delicious bread if I go to an austrian or german restaurant, some kind of great rye, whole grain, hopefully with some pumkpin seeds.

I always get terrific cuban bread at the Miami chains La Caretta or Latin American Cafeteria, whether the crackery good crust on a pressed sandwich like the croqueta preparada, or just the garlic butter fresh toasts they drop off at each table when you order dinner or a cafe con leche. This is dependable and good. Cuban bread is unique in that it has to be fresh within 4 hours of baking or it is crap.

Local restaurant group in DC, Great American, has a sister business Best Buns, and all their restaurants have the nicest (endlessly refreshed) bread basket including a little fried dough ball that is slightly sweet like a donut and quite crave-able, as well as some herbal and nutty breads. It's a great thing to feel the craft baking before a steakhouse kind of meal.

I certainly don't have an issue with Panera bread, the whole grain baguette with the little balls of semolina in there is worth asking for on the side of your soup or salad.

the kegggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

The bun used to hold the McChicken.

III forks in dallas texas

The breads at Paul Liebrandt's Corton were insane. Too bad that place isn't around anymore.

I've never been to a restaurant other than Red Lobster, Outback, Olive Garden, or Texas Roadhouse.

Nobody was going to do that

cheesecake factory

Florentino's in Branson, MO

Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix has bread. Its everything bread could be. It makes me want to cry sometimes.

As a kid in the Quad-Cities (IA/IL border for you non-flyover fucks), I loved an Italian chain in the area called The Grinders & Spaghetti House.

They had this slighty sweet bread that was fucking addictive, and I still get it whenever I go back. Tastes exactly the same as it always did. Comfy comfy comfy.

Italian Village, Corsicana TX.
The rolls are fucking fantastic.

see

Sizzler cheese toast

i don't tend to eat bread when i go out for a meal

there's a pretty good bakery in thame, which is near(ish) oxford

Can I say the buns at McDonalds? They're the best I've ever tasted.

The bread that comes with your order at a pizza place called Lococo's in Oakland

ITT. autists who think white bread is actual bread

>pepper in olive oil

get the fuck out and stay out

C'mon those cheddar biscuits are fucking awesome.

Quick, get thee to a McDonald's so you can participate in the McChicken threads.

Your mom's buns are the best I've ever tasted.

Red Lobster
Texas Roadhouse buns are just okay and the honey butter saves it.

Wildfire in Chicago does a sweet cornbread that's so loaded with sugar and butter it'd be more aptly called a corn cake but damned if it isn't the best fucking shit you'll ever eat.

The bun used to hold the McChicken is the greatest bread ever though. Its texture and lack of flavor really shines when you bite down into the glory that is the McChicken so the flavors of the patty, mayo, and lettuce go uninterrupted by the bread.

add some garlic, pepper, parmesan and capers to the oil - it's the best and I go to macaroni grill all the time just for the bread and oil