Is he the best chef in the world?

Is he the best chef in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AHCJRmITUAo?t=261
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

/thread

Not a chef and has no qualifications for running a brigade so no

Where's the video of him getting choked in an alleyway with his own tie?

He's not a special chef, but he is one of the greatest cooking personalities to ever grace the earth.

Good Eats actually taught how to cook yourself, not just to parrot an idiotic TV fuck.

You posted the wrong picture OP.

He literally admitted to being a bad cook

youtu.be/AHCJRmITUAo?t=261

skip to 4:23

>He's not a special chef, but he is one of the greatest cooking personalities to ever grace the earth.
This.

He's a gay bashing asshole.

He is the best CHEF in the entire world. If all other chefs were like him, the world would be full of better food.

Really? Dropped

>brigade
what does the army have to do with this?

okay, now list something bad about him.

Rude

>Is he the best chef in the world?

No...but whoever that is doesn't offer me much. But AB..was great at dispelling bullshit and doing only the most important part of something extremely well. Roast turkey- brine, foil, probe thermometer. BBQ Babyback ribs - use your oven right. Try duck and dry aged Prime steak, at home. Homemade BBQ Pulled Pork...smoked 12 hrs in a flower pot. Broiled porterhouse...with a 1200*F chimney starter. I see chit a lot differently because of him.

>/threads his own post

literally a faggot

He's trying hard, leave him alone.

Keep trying, honey, you'll fit in soon!

>The one thing I learned when I got to culinary school was that I'm not a good cook
>He went to school to learn something and found out he didn't know a lot when he got there and had a lot to learn
>Clearly this means that he didn't learn anything while he was there

Prove it, faggot

>Is he the best chef in the world?

He's a TV food guy. Not a chef.

>All these people thinking saying no is an edgelord answer
He doesn't think of himself as a good chef or whatever and has said so many times on TV. He just really likes cooking and tries to learn and teach it to others.

There's a good reason he never participated in shows like Iron Chef and whatever as a contestant despite many people requesting it. Because he's not going to survive doing shit like rushing a perfect souffle from scratch in 14 minutes or bossing a bunch of cooking school interns and line cooks around. And he doesn't want to.

It's like how Bill Nye can be a great science TV show host who teaches kids science but isn't actually good at science himself.

Nigga you don't go to culinary school when you are already a good cook.

He learned that he was not a good cook while he was there.

That's exactly what the person you replied to is saying.

Hmm that doesnt look like jack OP

>There's a good reason he never participated in shows like Iron Chef and whatever as a contestant despite many people requesting it.
Yukio Hattori competed twice on the Japanese version, and both episodes were fucking awesome. I would chalk Alton not wanting to compete up to him being a little bitch.

>and both episodes were fucking awesome

You kidding me? He got his ass kicked both times so hard it was painful to watch.

Plus, there's a big difference between the two. Hattori was the president of a very prestigious cooking school whereas Alton is just a TV personality.

>what does the army have to do with this?

That's where the term Chef comes from. It's the French military rank "Cheif". The kitchen brigade system is literally based on the military.

Fuck off. He cut ties with his church denomination because of their hard-line stance against homosexuality.

>go to culinary school
>realize I'm not a good cook
>shove both thumbs up my rectum for the rest of my life

or maybe he went to culinary school to become a good cook

He's gay, nothing wrong with a little self loathing.

He's not a chef, he's a tv producer.

Keep in mind he didn't go to Culinary school for the usual reason to find work as a chef. He was already getting work with grants for cable in the classroom. His first and only love is film production and science...hence the crazy film angles.

To get more cred and keep the work incoming he needed some certification. Grants are competitive and film making isn't ever self financed. He knew he was at the popularity threshold with Good Eats concept and he didn't want to get dethroned.
Source: book signing at Olssens in metro DC where he was annoyed to find 100 percent of attendees weren't there to buy his book but talk pre and postproduction and Apple geek stuff. He finally let down his hair and gave up bookreading and just talked with that segment of his fans. He was a bit jerky then too. But kind the way geniuses tend to be...arrogant like that. I thought he was a mostly humorous and the tech speak was decent but I had never seen a book signing where someone didn't appear grateful fans liked them like that.

Hattori was a real chef though who owned the school of cooking interns that sourced the cooking interns you see all the time on the Japanese version of the show.

[spoiler]There was one episode in particular where some guest chef was yelling at his interns and whacking them with shit and bullying them for not doing things perfectly his way and Hattori got pissed.[/spoiler]

You can't spoil cooking

Sorry, I keep forgetting.

He's not a chef, so no.

Good. Fuck you, you child molesting drug addled fuck.

In the same way that bob ross is "the best painter evar". He made food/cooking accessible and comprehensible to a lot of people.

Spotted the home cook

Is he he Anno of Veeky Forums?