Veeky Forums's favorite sauces

ITT: your favorite sauce of all time.

I inherited my dad's insane addiction for spicy food, and my favorite sauce to put on everything is classic Dave's Insanity Sauce. Dave's scorpion and ghost pepper are also good, classic and ghost are savory and scorpion is sweet. Have yet to try the Ultimate Insanity sauce.

hottest sauce that has good flavor imo.

I love habanero! I'll have to put that one on the list of things to try :)

In terms of hot sauce, I like my scotch bonnet concoctions the best - I mean, I make them to my taste.

In terms of storebought stuff, probably original Mad Dog - it's intense, but not too intense, and I dig the dark flavour it has.

Homemade sauce?
Care to share the recipe with us? :o

A lot of it's eyeballing, but generally for a small mason jar -

a flat of scotch bonnets/habs
a scallion or two
a shallot or two
a clove of garlic
juice of 2-6 key limes
salt, pepper,
a dash of allspice
maybe some hotter or milder peppers depending. Sometimes nagas, sometimes scorpions, sometimes red jalapenos, anchos or pasillas.

It's pretty simple all told, but as happy as I'll be with the first test, I usually tweak it a few times before I seal it.

I'll usually give it a bit of red-wine vinegar, or large/real lime to make it a sauce, rather than a paste, but sometimes paste is just better.

Food processor?

Btw OP, this is what happens to your face if Dave's gets on it. Happened at work recently. I was sweating.

You have dave's where you work? Is it a restaurant? I wanna eat there :D

Thanks for sharing! saved for later :) I'm telling my boyfriend that I came up with it though, lol!

On high for... days... If I'm making a thinner sauce I might use an immersion blender for a bit and then mix in a teaspoon or so of cornstarch to help bind everything together.

Do eet up sistren. Like I said, it changes a bit batch to batch - depends a lot on the quality/heat/sweetness of the peppers, my mood, the cycle of the moon, that whole bag of tricks.

Man wow I just discovered Lingham's extra hot and it is literally the first thing that has made me smile in... Fuck, a year?

I know what you mean, I like experimenting and changing things up :p usually I make a recipe by the book first and then try some different variations of it. There's this powdered ghost pepper from amazon that I like to cook with so I may bastardize that sauce with some of it :p

Decent. Respectable.

>an sauce

fcking retarded americans....

never seen this one talked about but I like shacha sauce

Yea actually I brought it into the restaurant. The owner wanted me to come up with a couple of sauces for wings and so I incorporated it in the extra spicy ones.

>all purpose seasoning
(:

Dave's Insanity Sauce tastes like what I imagine this guy's unwashed asshole to taste like: I like the heat, but I'm not buying a gimmick sauce. Flavor uber alles.

I wouldn't really call it a gimmick sauce but if you say so :p

Right here fags

Anyone else ever eat this

>white ppl be like

fuck off you shill

As far as hot sauce goes, this stuff is great, but im pretty sure its pretty local. In general though i love a good aioli

Looks like it's available online too :) I'll have to give it a try.

Some pretty good stuff

Anyone worked with ghost peppers or reapers before? I got sprouts but I'm too worried to move them just yet, especially since the weather keeps flip flopping madly.

Also, just finished bottle #1 after a few months with it.

For some reason habanero peppers are the only thing that actually tastes hot to me. Is that weird?

Blair's Ultra Death Sauce.
Seen people say it's 800,000 scovilles, 1,100,000 scovilles, and 1,600,000 scovilles...
I ain't got a fucking clue, but it's the hottest fucking sauce I've ever had, and I've had more hot food than anyone I know.
It actually tastes amazing too behind all the face melting heat... kinda smokey.

Got a bunch of those keychains myself.

What did Sean Evans mean by this?

Got a bottle of this as a free sample with a web order. It is literally the hottest sauce I have ever tasted. I don't know how people can even eat something like this. For like 30 minutes my mouth was just on fire and my tongue felt numb.

My fav right now. Thick and vinegary habenero based sauce

I don't care about your scovilles and shit

this sauce is good on pretty much everything

I like the Dave's Ghost Pepper more because it's thinner, but I think it's less spicy than regular Insanity?
but the bottle I'm working on now is Blair's Mega Death. it's thick and hard to pour the amount you want, either it's a drip or a glob. It's really good though, I keep buying cheap shit as an excuse to eat more of it

Also endorsing Blair's Ultra Death. One of the few super hot sauces that allows the flavor of the food to come through instead of overwhelming it.

this shit is actual magic

Chili and lime is based, shame my local supermarkets dropped it though.

Wasn't Daves insanity sauce mentioned in the Abu Ghraib investigation as being used to torture muslims?

My understanding was that the Ghost Pepper sauce is actually hotter

Surprised no one's said Worcestershire sauce yet.

MEME
EMEM
MEME
EMEM

your third eye needs focusing, squidward

the 'vark for me

You'll be hard pressed to find something more versatile

Squid is shit/10 tier you need red boat

Dude I put 4 drops on some chicken on my dinner on the top (which is seriously not advised) and sat there with my face melting off.
I fucking LOVE the stuff.

Is this actually good? It's not just some gay young person shit?

That one's on my list of sauces to get next!
Read really good reviews.

Just meant fish sauce in general. That was just what google gave me

I like it a lot but I can see it not being for everyone. J Kenji Lopez Alt shilled it if that means anything to you.

I don't have a picture nor do I care to find one, but the most based sauce (I like a good kick but I'm not looking for a death heat sauce) is the clear vinegary sauce with all the tiny green peppers in it that they have at Steak n Shake