Best snack for 9 hour bus trip?

so whats the best snacks for trips? it doesnt stop long so cant eat at rest stops either.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spicy dried sausages.

Something really stinky, like kimchi or leftover egg salad sandwich.

beef jerky.
fishermens friends

Enjoy having the fartz for 9 hours

If you're talking greyhound I'd recommend procuring a weapon in lieu of snacks.

Dried apricots, walnuts (shelled), trail mix if it's not too much like candy. Maybe orange segments in a ziplock bag.

Xanax

Hard boiled eggs.

I never go anywhere without my ole 'gg 'sket

I don't have a vegan's digestive system

What this guy said. Almonds would be good too. Dried fruit is handy. Avoid stuff with carbs but no fiber and it just makes you hungier, that's why the nuts are good.

Jerky and trail mix are probably the best options for not being stinky and filling. It's all salty so don't forget to bring water. Maybe a peanut butter sandwich in a ziploc bag.

and it == because it

Yeah the thirst, and resultant pees, would be the motherfucker. Probably could DIY the trailmix to keep the salt down.

A couple of Subway®.sandwiches

Open have a sip or two, and then freeze a couple water bottles, teas or gatorades, in a small collapsible insulated lunchbox and they will keep whatever sandwich you most prefer cold for you, and the bonus is that as they thaw, you always have a cold beverage to sip on. I like a a little half sub, or whole sub, egg or chicken salad, or if cold is a concern then you want something like salami, cheese, mustard. Basically, eat what you might crave and be fine with smashed and cold in a few hours. Pack two even!

Whole fruit is nice, from a banana or a washed apple. Small nonsalty things like nuts, gummis, trail mix, freeze dried apple slices, some kind of vegetable cracker, whatever you normally get. Granola bars, cookies. Think about even putting what you want in ziplocs with a napkin in them, so you can just tuck that in the seat without getting up.

Keep in mind you can't just get up and wash your hands if they get sticky, salty, oily, and so you might want to cut up your fruit first, have a disposable fork or spoon, extra napkin for your lap, and something stinky like onions on your sub, vinegary hot sausage, tunafish, garlic or some other strong odor might bother your fellow passengers. A mason jar with a salad or a wrap sandwich is okay and clean.

A good bag of nuts.

Maybe not what you are looking for, but... Just fast for the 9 hours. All you have to do is sit there. Take some water. I tend to not eat when I travel since don't need the energy and it's a useful thing to do now anyways (intermittent fasting).

>don't need the energy
>t's a useful thing to do now anyways (intermittent fasting).
How it it useful? Next you'll be extolling the colon cleansing and weight loss virtues of a juice fast, ROFL.

It's a good way to lower your immune system while you're around a bunch of coughing sneezing, slime crusting armrests of people around you. It's also a good way to slow down your GI tract, get dehydrated, avoid fiber, and lead to some problems that other travelers complain about.

>All you have to do is sit there.
You have to be glued to your mobile devices too!

this. buy a 1kg bag and make friends with the person next to u perhaps

You must be really fat to think that not eating for 9 hours is going to cause all those problems. It's useful because it lowers insulin sensitivity.
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

But hey, just throwing it out there. Sometimes people feel they need to eat when they really don't.

Always important to shitpost on the road.

Yeah this. I did that. Except it was a bottle of nyquil, and we passed out for most of the trip.

When I take the greyhound I usually bring an empty bottle, a bottle of pop, and a bottle of rum

very intrastin ty

I'm fond of chicken honey mustard pasta salad

>Cold chicken (leftovers are good but some times i cook a couple of breasts)
>Bunch of fresh basil
>Cherry tomatoes (i halve them)
>Bunch of spring onions
>A good dollop of mayo (can use light if you're a fag)
>Roughly a teaspoon of honey
>Roughly a teaspoon of whole grain mustard
>Pasta (run this under a cold tap to cool quickly)
>Mix