What are some Native American cuisines? And where can I get them in Europe?

What are some Native American cuisines? And where can I get them in Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.orlandosentinel.com/1988-10-20/lifestyle/0070430080_1_seminole-indians-osceola-fry-bread
youtube.com/watch?v=x_vLuMobHCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Salty burnt beaver

Pemmican's pretty good. You're probably better off making it yourself.

Bannock is also pretty good, but that's because it's just bread/cornbread.

You can find dirt anywhere.

Finding peyote is a little more difficult...

>What are some Native American cuisines?
Gosh I don't really think there are many...
Smoked salmon from the Athabaskans. The Evergaldes Miccosukees might enjoy some frog legs or gator tail, but they'd make it just like you and I. They seem to enjoy frybread, with canned pumpkin subbing in for the water featured in the Florida Seminole versions. And, the bread looks like a puffed up freshly cooked pita, which is then split open, and filled with whatever simmering meat or grilled foods are being served that day.
Here's one article, but didn't find the pumpkin version. It's delicious with just a bit of honey:
articles.orlandosentinel.com/1988-10-20/lifestyle/0070430080_1_seminole-indians-osceola-fry-bread
There were some early nut breads made from things like acorns.

Early calusa indians ate a lot of oysters and clams, and some grasses and fruit that they foraged, sometimes a deer. When you go north, there was a lot of berry collecting, and wild things like ramps and onions, and even beans and peppers. They did collect sugar from honey and maple syrups. The Carib indians had good citrus and coconuts to bring out the deliciousness in things like conch and fresh fish.

I honestly can think of only a couple sorta-dubious non-influenced dishes, which is succotash, file thickened stews, and barbacoa and jerk. Allspice was unique to the region!!

Oh, and black walnuts are uniquely american, so you could try a recipe that uses it.

The native method of cooking salmon in the northwest is pretty good.

Take a fresh coho/chinook/steelhead salmon, slice it open, place it on an alder stake, and roast it over a fire pit until the outside turns to jerky while the inside is soft and moist.

corn, wild rice and game meat is pretty classic

chaga mushroom tea

Kinda like meatloaf?

Just drink booze.
Hell no. It's animal fat, berries, and other shit. It's portable food that tastes like shit.

Cool Ranch Doritos and a Big Bite Combo from 7-11. Also cigarettes, solvents, and fentanyl

It's pretty good. It's like sweeter meatloaf, yeah.

If you want some hardcore native food you can grow yourself, look up "Camas bulbs" (Camassia quamash). AKA the "native potato" (North American natives didn't have potatoes, unlike the Inca/Quechua in South America).

The traditional native method of cooking them is to harvest the bulbs at maturity and bake them in an earthen oven underneath a fire for a couple hours to make them soft.

Make sure to get Camassia quamash in particular, and not a similar-looking plant like Toxicoscordion venenosum (AKA the "death camas"). Or, you might die.

>you might die
The first guy took a pretty big risk

Fry bread and whisky

Domestic turkey, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce

corn and buffalo and the blood of your oppressors

firewater, that cactus you can get a buzz off of, and half burnt, half raw possum.

Well, it's kind of hard to find affordable buffalo meat here...

Isn't it just Southern U.S. food like turkey, corn, beans, squash, chilli peppers etc?

Bah, you can find seeds from pretty much every headshow. The secret is to graft them into pereskia to reduce grow time into months instead of a decade.

youtube.com/watch?v=x_vLuMobHCI

i don't think its legal to eat people

Rice and pork are a big things there too. Fish if you're near the coast. And there's the obvious African influence that came over with the slaves. If you're talking about Louisiana and nearby areas there is a lot of French influence. When you go further west towards Texas there's a lot of German and Mexican influence.

Buffalo

Props to your brains gains! Is this topic a special interest to you?