Explain why this is wrong

Explain why this is wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/homemade-hot-dog-379646
nypost.com/2015/05/24/high-wire-strewn-through-city-lets-jews-keep-the-faith/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what exactly? posting shit threads nobody wants?

Putting ketchup on hot dogs, I don't understand why it's some sort of taboo act.

If it's a shitty microwaved oscar meyer wiener, then put whatever you want on it. If it's a decent hot dog(yes, some hot dogs aren't complete shit), then putting ketchup on it is like putting ketchup on any other decent sausage; sure, you can do it, but why not try something better?

The overly sweet ketchup completely overpowers the savory dog. It's kiddy tier.

Ketchup can do nothing but improve that garbage.

Might as well leave the sausage out of the equation and have this.

I would have thought sweet would balance out savory.

now that's just strange, and no where near as filling.

Mustard is the only hot dog condiment

Hot dogs are disgusting. They're only palatable drowned in some sort of condiment.

ketchup is for kids

It's not. People are just spergs. Eat whatever you like on your hotdog, it's just a hotdog.
I'd be more concerned about the quality of the hotdog than just what condiment you choose to top it with. Bad hotdogs are pretty bad.

i like to flatten my hotdogs with a spiked mallet so they fit into the roll easier. i also slice the roll completely through, i dont leave it connected like OPs picture.

my feeling is that is part of some bad recipe, where they bake the rolls with the sauce spread out on top. check the holes. looks like a baking tray of some sort.

you are a fucking weirdo

There's an awesome food truck near my workplace that does gourmet dogs, they'll ban you for life if you defile their fine product with ketchup. It's hilarious to see manchildren with the taste buds of a 5 year old bitch about how they're the customer.

Because the flavors don't go together very well. Ketchup usually clashes with whatever you put it in, with some few exceptions. It's best use as an element of another sauce.

Mustard has been a classic flavoring for meats for centuries. It's tried and true. It helps bring out natural flavors in the meat that ketchup would cover up.

Ketchup just feeds your sweet tooth.

That said, manchildren who pitch a fit whenever a customer asks for ketchup on a dog need to be put into a meat grinder and made into low-quality sausages, onto which they themselves should then be doused in ketchup. Because fuck you, it's just a hot dog. Someone wants ketchup on it, it's their loss, not yours.

>it's their loss, not yours

Sure, if it's a hog anus grease dog from a gas station but if it's produced to gourmet standards then the seller is offering a specific experience and it's incredibly arrogant of man children to demand the experience be altered for their immature palettes. It's like demanding a street musician play in a different key because you have no taste in music.

I think there's an inherent sweetness to most hot dogs on their own. The sharpness of mustard cuts through the fat (for me). Other vinegar based items like sauerkraut are great. Most ketchup is sweet and bland so to me putting it on a hot dog is creating the absolute lowest most distant approximation of barbecue. Why not have pulled pork or hot links if you prefer a sweeter sauce/condiment?

The same retarded manchild who'd put ketchup on a hot dog is probably disgusted by any food with a texture or mouth feel.

I don't even like ketchup, but I would go to a pretentious place like that and smear their shitdogs on the table for trying to tell me how to eat.

How would you feel if you made a beautiful, subtly flavored dessert for a friend then he covered it in sugar to the point that's all it tasted of?

The hotdogs isn't grilled black from an open fire

You didn't toast the bun

That's fine. It's his choice to eat it like that.

Same with ketchup on steak, or ketchup on apple pie, which are things a friend has actually done with food I have made.

I'm not a pretentious autist that thinks my way is the only way to eat food.

How do I make hotdogs at home indoors?
Boil them or roast on pan?

There can never be anything gourmet about a hotdog you fucking gourmand.

it's not

it's all gonna turn into poop anyways, who cares

History and tradition. Why are the hot dogs in NYC and Chicago all beef? Because they were popular with Eastern European Jewish immigrants. All beef hot dogs could be served in a Jewish deli, and Chicago and NYC were really the only two towns in the US where Jewish delis really had an impact on how the locals ate, Traditionally most hot dogs were made of pork, but 100% beef with a Kosher designation sold well among non-Jews as a mark of quality at a time when the Jungle made people distrustful of them. Besides, Americans loved beef anyways. So in these two cities all beef hot dogs in natural casings, usually flavored with garlic and paprika became a thing.

But there was another thing in play that came from the Jewish immigrants. They arrived in Ketchupland with a fondness for mustard that they shared with the German Christian immigrants and their children who already inhabited these cities. When they held on to their allegiance to mustard as a symbol of their identity many of their neighbors were happy to go along with it. So in Chicago mustard became the "correct" hot dog condiment. Same was true in NYC, although sauerkraut usually accompanied it and Greek onions were given a pass because of Papaya King.

In both towns ketchup on a hot dog makes you look like a rube because it shows you're ignorant of the local tradition, or worse don't give a shit about it. Unlike NYC Chicago's glory days are in the rear view mirror, so they hold on to their food traditions from the past a bit more tightly.

The period special

Stay in Illinois.

This place is just fucked up enough that I believe you.

>put beer in pan
>put hotdoggie in pan
>cook til beer is gone
>cook a bit more, until the skin is slightly blacked

You can have a little ketchup, but I mean a little, with twice as much mustard.

faggots from Chicago act like a a weiner made from processed pig lips, butts, gristle, fat, and offal is some kind of sacred meal that cannot be tainted by ketchup.

is that 'cha
because if it is it works

Dude your such a faggot

I don't think there's anything wrong with using ketchup but not by itself. At least throw some onions on there.

Man, now I want a proper messy Danish hot dog.

>incomprehensible antisemitic babble

>>/pol/

only thing that belongs on a hot dog is some mustard some relish and maybe some cheese
also chili

>Nowhere near as filling

Fuck off fatass

What do you think about people who eat diabetes levels worth of sweets, but won't eat ketchup? Are they just buying into autistic garbage? It has it's uses with sauces and whatnot.

>incoherent liberal smugfag cause facts are racist

user, all facts that don't fit my agenda are racist or sexist you fucking bigot.

At least you're honest.

>a description of how Kosher tradition influences the current hot dog culture in the area mentioned is antisemitic
You're such a fuck, user

>antisemitic
Hardly. I'm actually a fan of Jewish contributions to American food culture. But as a New Yorker I did learn you don't want an Israeli as a landlord. I own my own place now, so that's not an issue. But as far as hot dogs (or deli meats like corned beef and pastrami) go in NYC and Chicago are concerned we have Jewish immigrants to thank for popularizing. Also for the popularity of inexpensive fryer chickens. They helped create that demand as well. Also the love for bagels and lox. Fuck, that's huge.

>sausage not bbq'd
>bun not toasted
>no butter or marg on the bun
Bunnings does better for $1. Git gud.
>no cheese

>no butter or margarine
>margarine literally ever

You're a fatass with a bad taste in fat spreads

Because there's no mayo.

I think it's a problem because it's SO sweet - and it's a harsh sweetness because it's straight refined sugar (and possibly also corn syrup depending on the brand) that sweetens ketchup. What WOULD balance out the salty savory flavor of Oscar Mayer's weiner is something with a lighter, less intense sweetness like pineapple.

The sinusoidal ketchup wavefunction should attenuate to zero at the boundary conditions.

Never in my life have I seen a fucking argument over a god damn hot dog and what's good on it.

>decent hot dog
Those are called brats, you dip, and if you eat those without sauerkraut, you're a faggot.

Hot dogs and brats are different types of sausages.

The only time somebody's ketchup use has bothered me was a co-worker a few years back. It was breakfast and he put ketchup on everything, his eggs, bacon, sausage, toast... everything but his potatoes.

Was he just fucking with me? What the fuck?

Welcome to Veeky Forums newfriend! (^:

Why don't you just slice the hotdog in half?

The only good think Detroit has going for it is it's hot dogs. Chili+mustard+hot dog of choice+bun=a messy pleasure.

>sauerkraut
>cream cheese
>sauteed mushrooms
>kirkland polish hot dogs

>gourmet standards
At that point it's probably not being called a hot dog anymore. It's probably a sausage. Or at least a "weiner". Maybe a gourmet hot dog is a tube steak.

food.com/recipe/homemade-hot-dog-379646

I put ketchup and mayo on a hot dog.

Thing is, I almost never eat hot dogs.

This whole thread implies ketchup on hot dogs and eating hot dogs all the time.

I have made food for my mom and I season it just enough to be flavorful without being high in salt.

First thing she does is grab the shaker and dump enough all over the food - before even tasting it oftentimes.

I make it lower sodium for her/my health and for my tastes (if you eat lower sodium, your tastes adjust and vice versa).

I can't force her to feel or think the same, nor can I force her to taste things the same way I do.

>mayo
I put mayo on everything
I don't know why it's so good

it's not anymore than any other hot dog. any condiment you put on poop is just making a more fancy poop.

Thank you - this is fascinating. (Not being sarcastic, I really find it interesting assuming it's true.)

Did you even read the post before you replied or did you just see "Jew" and immediately assume it is anti-Semitic? How can you stretch a post about hot dogs (which is really neutral because it isn't saying anything is good or bad) - and claim it's Anti-Semitic?

Based on your post I will assume you are a liberal who read one or two words, instantly classified it to yourself as falling under one of the popular categories (racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, etc) and applied said label accordingly.

>boil hot dog in beer
Now you got me curious. I'll have to try that sometime.

*you're

**Grammar Lesson**

Topic sentence:
You seem like an asshole to call someone a faggot for making a mundane remark about eating ketchup on hot dogs.

Correct Usage Example 1:
You're an asshole for calling someone a faggot for what he or she said about hot dogs.

Correct Usage Example 2:
Maybe you shit post on Veeky Forums because you can't live with the thought of your dad getting cucked by your black neighbor down the street.

Your = possessive (your dick, your mom, your dad, your neighbor)
You're = contraction of you are (you are a dick, you are an asshole, you are lame for shit posting on Veeky Forums)

This made me laugh. Welcome to Veeky Forums.

Kirkland? Like Kirkland Signature (Costco) or something else? If you do mean Costco then I want to know what Costco offers sautéed mushrooms.

not from the restaurant you retard

I don't know either but I've started to notice more fancy burger places (anything over say, McDonald's) have started putting mayo on their burgers - or aioli if you're real fancy - and omitting ketchup AND mustard. So... I say there is something to mayo.

>Costco
>restaurant
>retard

>go to costco
>buy mushrooms
>buy sauerkraut
>buy cream cheese
>buy hot dogs
>buy buns
>sautee mushrooms
>drain sauerkraut
>cook hotdogs
>toast buns
>put hotdog in bun
>put sauerkraut on hotdog
>put mushrooms on hotdog
>put cream cheese on hotdog
>eat

>Unlike NYC

I BET THE JEWS DID TH-

Oh wait.

I'd say Jewish immigrants popularized it, and it caught on with the locals in a big way. Same thing happened with pastrami and corned beef. Also rye bread, for that matter. Not inherently Jewish things, but popularized in America by Jewish immigrants who also happened to favor mustard strongly over ketchup.

>ITT people get triggered by a factual comment and don't realize that american society in general is absolutely saturated by jewish customs and traditions

>american society in general is absolutely saturated by jewish customs and traditions
If you want to talk saturation it's English and German traditions. But yeah, Jews made their mark, especially in big cities. So did the Irish and Italians.

Pretty sure putz and schmuck are neither german nor english words.

A lot of Yiddish is German, though.

Yes, a lot but not those.
If you want a more extreme example then here: nypost.com/2015/05/24/high-wire-strewn-through-city-lets-jews-keep-the-faith/

I spent years on the LES. Lack of an eruv meant my building ran shabbos elevators programmed to stop at the floors where observant orthodox families lived in a constant loop from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday. The old lady in the apartment next to mine spoke fluent Yiddish.

I've since moved, but I'm still just a few blocks from an orthodox neighborhood. Every Friday right before sundown I hear a siren in the distance, to let everyone know shabbos has started.

Jesus christ. He tried to save us from this.

are yall this dense that you cant tell obvious trolls

Definitely as a non-Jew living in a heavily Jewish neighborhood some things about the culture wear on you a little. For many of them complaining about shit (kvetching) is a favorite pastime. For a glass half full guy like myself that's kinda tiresome. I don't want to talk about what's wrong with everything.

But there's really no way you can live in NYC for any length of time and not pick up a familiarity with Jewish, African American, Italian American, Latin Caribbean and Chinese American cultures. It's just part of the experience. Where I live now I've got Mexican, Polish and assorted Middle Eastern in the mix as well. Makes for some prettyfuckinggood eats.

I'm dead inside, thank you for the welcome

did you volunteer as their designated shabbos goy?

Thetre's no mustard.

2:1 mustard to ketchup ratio on a hot dog is objectively the best condiment combination.

Prove me wrong. I dare you.

Wrong. Coney dogs, Chicago dogs, and Mexican dogs are all acceptable.

>'go 'ogs
ftfy

a man of tastes i see

There can, but it's missing the point of a hotdog.

There's that guy in Chicago with the gourmet shop, he had killer dogs of all kinds and duck fat fries, but at that point it almost stops being a hotdog.

Some foods are good because they're a trashy, occasional indulgence.

so are hot dogs

Those days are long gone.

What is wrong is, you put the condiments in the bun first.

You Fucking neanderthals.

>How would you feel if you made a beautiful, subtly flavored dessert for a friend then he covered it in sugar to the point that's all it tasted of?
I would let him eat his food how he likes?
What is this pretentious faggotry telling people what they cannot like?

This sounds dope. Gonna do one with a Yeungling, and one with a Nugget Nectar tomorrow.