Does anyone here dumpster dive?

im having real trouble finding anything.
i did find two big packages of 2ft loaves of bread behind a fitness restuaruant in las vegas. finished em all

when i was living in new orleans with some dumpsterdivers we ate pizza six times a week

Not lately, but I have. Food lion here started looking up the bin the put food in.
I used to hit Mcdonalds right after after closing, good times

I dumpster dive for shit i actually want.

Got a Cuisinart ice cream maker and half of an 8 piece stainless cookware set by dumpster diving.

>restuaruant

bizzelump

Its all about figuring out the schedule of when places throw out shit, like there's usually a day they throw out all the produce, a day for the dairy, etc. Trader Joes can be pretty good because they throw away a lot of shit that's still in individual packages. Ditto Whole Foods, and from my experience, WF is actually p chill about diving.

ALSO, pretty common to find pizza places and bakeries that put the extra shit out by the trash at the end of the day. Again, it's just knowing the schedules and knowing what places do it.

I used to work right next door to this super bougie grocery store in SF and their dumpster was NUTS. Sandwiches still in their wrappers, bags and bags of bread, produce. You just need to find your goldmine.

>walking home in the late evening
>see some youngish faggots dumpster diving
>call the non-emergency police line to report vandalism
>linger around to see what happens
>police arrive and arrest them
>kek all the way home

I used to dumpster dive a lot more than I do now, but I typically hit supermarkets, sometimes a long john silver's. Got loads of fresh produce and meat, but I'm not squeamish about that and had to get inside the actual dumpster. I'd stock my entire garage freezer with meat with a trip or two's worth of hauls. Never found bread except very rarely. I guess they get donated to shelters or some other shit.

I used to do food lions too. The two closest to my house started locking their shit up because I guess I was making too much noise and it's close to houses which hear me and complain. They also have motion detectors that turn on lights and music to make it seem like people are inside to scare away potential burglars/divers. There are still a couple other food lions still good and another local supermarket.

You get meat that's been thrown out?

Every April the condo building right by my house empties out of university students. I've found guitars, video games, drum kits, cases of unopened dry goods. I do alright.

smell it, if it smells fine, it is probably fine

most intense gas ive ever had, tho, was following lousiana dumpster suasage on two seperate occasionas

Yes, it's usually still well sealed and relatively clean aside from some gunk on the plastic. As long as it passes the smell test, I take it. Even if it does smell a little funky, if it's not too bad, after cooking it you can't really tell. Usually as long as it hasn't been sitting out for more than a day and it's under 80F, it's fine. I found so much meat, I ddin't have a problem leaving shit or throwing something out if it was truly rancid, but like I said, I was never picky or squeamish.

The only time I took meat that wasn't sealed was when I took a big 20-30lb flintstones looking ribeye roast thing that was just sitting on top of some veggies/boxes and shit, but it was pretty cold out and that was some high quality beef, so I took it home, cut the outer portions out, and ate it as stew and other stuff. It was delicious.

My mom and dad used to give me shit for it, but stopped after seeing what I brought home and how much money we saved on groceries. I only stopped because my brother and his wife moved back in, and they're both faggots. Luckily they'll be leaving in a few months, unfortunately as the summer comes so I won't be able to dive again for a while unless it gets under 80F.

I'm a manager at a grocery store. The only reason we lock those things up is because we sometimes throw things away that have been recalled. Has some frozen pizzas get recalled for potential E. coli and they don't want someone saying "oh, these are still frozen. It's all good". Then trying to sue.

I would say try small grocery stores. typically if you check dumpsters every night, you'll get a good idea of what to look for.

If you're feeling like an asshole you can take a small knife and cut a small hole into a large bag of something (Like a large jar of peanuts) and show it to them. They'll throw it away, and you can come back that night to collect the jar if you feel like cutting open the bag, and making sure nothing too gross got on your food.

The thing that kills me about diving is the smell. just standing next to the can you start to smell like trash, and the food (for me) never stops smelling like trash even after I wash it.

Similar, I found my cool ottoman next to the dumpster of an art school dorm. Dumb rich kids have no sense of value.

In Iowa by the capital this is actually illegal and most places lock their dumpsters. Homeless are looked at as a scourge of society because, atleast as of lately our capitals culture has gone from prideful heritage food to hipster faggy joints filled with skinny jean faggots.

>calls europeans poor
>eats literal garbage

O B E S E D
B
E
S
E
D

>my brother and his wife
>faggots
does he let you fuck his wife while he watches

Also, anyone have any success with Weis or Harris Teeter?

>there are people who unironically eat shit from garbage bins

Not in Europe.

Neither in Mexico, well, at least they can't even pay internet to pretend to be smart and not poor

Savage fuck

Nah, she's too fat, gross, and bitchy.

I think I went to a Harris Teeter once but they had unaccessible compactors. You really have to just go see what's out there because the dumpster situation will be different even if it's the same chain, like with myself. There's a couple Food Lions that lock everything up and some that don't. You might wanna try Trader Joe's though, I've heard a lot of good stuff about that place. I've only been there once or twice because it's so far away where I normally dive, but they got fancy shit.

Have you guys considered just going to some fast food/restaurant places at closing and just asking if they have shit they don't want?

a restaurant won't give me 20 lbs of fresh vegetables, a crate of avocados and aged french cheese

how do you approach them?

also has anyone tried befriending people who work at the grocery store, ask them to hand you off the shit thats going to get tossed?

I walked up to the butcher counter at my local supermarket and told them that I make sausage as a hobby, and I'm always in need of pork fat. I asked if they could save me their pork fat trimmings. They said no problem and now I have a source for free fat.