Good, cheap, healthy breakfast

Hey there, Veeky Forums, I'm back with another easy recipe for my fellow poor college students. Good substitute for eating out in the morning, total prep time is ~30 minutes If you're not very experienced.

Your ingredients:
1 large potato
2 eggs
Handful of Spinach
1/2 Roma Tomato
A few slices of onion
Splash of milk
Some cooking oil (I prefer about a TBSP of coconut oil, it's healthier.)

Your spices: Salt, Red/Black pepper, garlic. (Also can add whatever you like, like basil, but spices aren't always cheap)

Your equipment: 1 small frying pan, 1 small mixing bowl.

Forgot to mention a little bit of cheese.

Slice up your potato thinly, and then cut it cross wise to make little rectangular pieces.

Next, cut up tomatoes and onions. Place in pan with oil and turn to medium-low heat.

As your potatoes start to fry, add your chosen spices. Salt, pepper, garlic for me. At this point keep stirring and frying until the potatoes are either soft or crunchy depending on how you like them.

When you're happy with your potatoes take them out and put them in a bowl in the oven at low heat. Next we start prepping our eggs. Start by slicing up the spinach.

Mix your Spinach, two eggs, cubes cheese, and splash of milk into a bowl and whip.

Next, pour the eggs into the same pan you used for the potatoes. The small amount of leftover oil should make it easier to flip. Go ahead and add some salt and pepper at this point too.

When the eggs solidify enough that you can run your spatula around the edges and it holds together, go ahead flip it. Cook for another minute or so and you're ready to eat! Put it on a plate with your potatoes and nom.

In total this whole breakfast is maybe $1.50. I know many of the master chefs here on Veeky Forums will deride me for doing a write-up on something so simple but many millenials like myself don't have many skills in the kitchen. Everybody has to start somewhere!

I'll post some more complicated stuff later in the week. Enjoy guys!

Nice job op
Thanks

I would eat this, but I only have 25 minutes between getting up and leaving the house.

If you do your prep the night before the actual frying only takes about ten or fifteen minutes. Also there's the option of getting up earlier, but I definitely understand barely having time to get 7 hours of sleep as it is.

Cool recipe user, seems somewhat healthy! Might serve it with prosciutto, would that be good?

Would probably be delicious, but I avoided using meat as it's going to be the most expensive ingredient. If you aren't on a survival-tier budget then it would be excellent. I would recommend shredding some to add to the omelette.

>$1.50

I don't think so. Where do you live?

Arizona.

A bag of potatoes is ~$2. Roma tomatoes, 89c/lb. White Onions, 1.39/lb. Eggs, 12 for $1.89. Coconut oil is something like $10 for a big jar. Salt is practically free and pepper is very cheap too considering how little you use. Easily falls within the $2 range per meal. Where do YOU live?

Alaska.

Forgot to mention, Spinach is $2 for a big 12oz bag. I almost never use it all within 2-3 weeks before it goes bad.

Well of course it's gonna be expensive in Alaska, everything is expensive there user. Same thing with Hawaii. Anyone living in the lower 48 is going to have much lower prices.

Eggs are $.69 per dozen in upstate ny, how do you function

Wow, that's super cheap. Is that in the store or from local farms? Beef is very cheap here though, as low as $3.00/lb.

God damn Americans, your food is so cheap, it's no wonder you people are so fat.

Canadian here. A bag of potatoes is $6, a dozen eggs is 4

Is that why you all eat Kraft Dinner over there?

>eating breakfast

An actual recipie & directions. On my Veeky Forums?!

Nice job OP! Looking forward to your more complicated recipies.

Thanks. I'm having company over in a few days so I think I'll make portabello stuffed ravioli with some butter sauce. You guys will like that one.

I make something similar but I don't remove the potatoes. A tip I have, slice the potatoes thinly instead of whatever you did. That way they will cook more evenly. You can just turn each slice over instead.

What I did here is about the same, but I fried the potatoes the entire time. When second side is almost done, I turn down to med low and added tomatoes and red bell pepper. Cooked some more, then poured egg mixed over. Then added chopped spinach. Finished with grated mozzarella (didn't have a lot in this pic).

Also, forgot to mention there's some chicken breast. I cooked that up first and removed. I added the breast with the spinach.

>eating

I survive purely on the life force emanating from the sun.

Eggs, milk, and oil are not healthy

wrong vegan cuck

I just made some frying pan french fries for the first time. Not very good desu, and it took a long time, would not do it again.

ALRIGHT GODDAMN IT TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IS HEALTHY THEN. I'M FUCKING WAITING, TELL ME WHAT'S HEALTHY.

>Good, cheap, healthy breakfast
Cheap? Yeah. Healthy? Debatable. Good? Definitely not.

Can I say the McChicken? Low on fat, high on taste.

>oil
>healthy
do meat eaters really believe this?

> I don't understand different fats and how nutrition works

Is that why so many vegans look like Auschwitz survivors?

>>I dont understand different fats and how nutrition works

We are well aware of that

can you explain why oil is unhealthy?

I definitely did slice the potatoes thinly though, like i said as thin as possible crosswise and then you chop them lengthwise so they wind up as thin little rectangles, like you're making hashbrowns. That looks good though. I love chicken breast, it's where I get most of my protein.

Coconut oil contains no trans fats, can you explain to me how it's unhealthy? Do you just think that all fats are bad for you? Similiarly, eggs contain cholesterol but it's been repeatedly shown that dietary cholesterol has almost no correlation with blood levels of cholesterol, meanwhile they're chocked full of protein and vitamins. As far as milk, there's a little splash of it in there, I hate to be negative but you seem pretty hard to please. How would you cook this meal in a manner you see as healthy?

hes vegan. anything that isnt raw veggies is unheallthy

do you think that's all that vegans eat? u are a retard

not an argument

GO FUCK YOURSELF. VEGANISM IS CANCER AND I HAVE EATEN LIVE MEAT AND IT WAS DELICIOUS

(6.6) like actually animal that is eaten alive?

>its been repeatedly shown dietary cholesterol has no correlation with serum cholesterol

This fat earther logic has ACTUALLY been debunked several times

>been debunked several times

Citation please.

Every reputable medical journal since the 20s

Now please back up your fat-earther tier retarded claims that dietary cholesterol has no effect on serum cholesterol

HARD MODE: Find something that actually calculates cholesterol at baseline and/or isnt funded by egg boards which fun fact can't even legally say that eggs are nutritious

That's not a citation, that's just you blabbing out your ass.

Names, dates, specific titles please.

Sorry im not here to spoonfeed mouthbreathing autists that dont even bother to support their original claims that make go against established fact.

Better luck next time, fat earther

I never made a claim, user. I just asked for citations when I saw your post.

Seeing as you can't produce a single one despite your belief they're in "every journal since the 20s" I'm going to write you off as a shitposter.

Thread hidden.

lol. I know vegans and that basically is all they eat.

Er, get up earlier.

This would be much improved with the addition of some smoked paprika

Why wouldn't you shred your potatoes lmao

looks fantastic OP fuck the haters.

Oh so im only subject to scrutiny but the other retard challenging fact isnt?

Tell me more, fat earther! You couldn't possibly have an agenda!

Fucking loser faggot. Now look at you running away LMAO

You are fucking pathetic

Is this one of these numales i keep hearing about

faggot

I dont think i have ever seen a more pathetic cuck on Veeky Forums than you bud

>getting BTFO so badly you hide the thread

Here for the screencap

Posterized

Yikes

using pre-ground pepper
using iodized salt (half of it is glass)
using garlic powder not fresh or even minced jar.

I know you said poor college students, but not 3rd world kill yourself, OP.

also water into egg instead of milk = fluffier
cooking the onions and tomatoes at the same stage as potatos = overcooked
troll ass thread

No.

I've found out a little nice recipe, not very cheap but it's very good.

> Bake Mushroom ( Champignons )
> Pepper them
> Whilst baking pour 250ml tomato sauce in a sauce pan, add some herbs and more pepper.
> add some cottage cheese and a slice of Gouda.
> stir
Add the now baked mushrooms to the sauce / cheese.
> add more pepper and and or a hotsauce of choice
Cook for 2 - 3 minutes on low.

> Pour the mixture into a bowl of choice and add some nice spongy bread, sourdough of you could.

This shit is so good and energizing, not even that high on calories.

energy from the bread. little to no protein.
okay buddy I'll be starving in 5

what do you do with the other half of the tomato?

eat it you dumb pleb, what else do you do with vegetables?

You aren't aware how greentext and quoting works, apparently.

You made the claim so you have the burden of proof you mongoloid.

Good, cheap, healthy dinner

Triple cheeseburger with everything on it, fries and a peanut butter/white chocolate shake
I can feel the pounds falling off

1) Throw that plate in the trash
2) That omlette doesn't look very pleasing

7/10 will probably make it tomorrow

eggs way over cooked, potatoes way under cooked

>but many millenials like myself don't have many skills in the kitchen
faggot

Some people like their veggies crunchy.

It's probably because of the abysmal tax rate in Canada. You're paying for eggs, and the welfare family down the road, and your """""free""""" healthcare.

I have to say I appreciate this as well thanks for actually posting something constructive on this board