I want to lose 5 pounds

Breakfast (around 7am)
rolled oats 120 grams (450 calories), banana (100 calories roughly), 45 grams peanut butter (roughly 250 calories)
Lunch (around 10:30am)
sweet potato w. 25 grams of olive oil and 2 garlic cloves(together = roughly 500 calories)
An hour or two later
Another sweet potato (roughly 250 calories)
Dinner (around 3:30pm)
Grilled wrap sandwich with: a whole bell pepper, two grainy tortilla shells, a whole box of baby kale, two tumeric roots, a whole ginger root, 3 garlic cloves, a salmon steak (together roughly 750 calories).

Okay so I ate 2250 calories today, roughly. I'm 173 pound 22 year old male and I'm 6'2 feet tall. I don't know why I feel so fucking hungry. I've wanted to try to lose 5 pounds but I don't know how to do it without feeling hungry as fuck. The diet that I ate today is my normal diet, this is what I eat to maintain my weight. Except the problem is if I try to cut down to just 2000 calories a day, I start to feel hungry as fuck. I don't really know what to do to diet and keep myself from feeling really hungry. Does anyone have any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/87/1/44.full
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Keto and intermittent fasting.

Replace some of those carbs with lean protein. It's much more filling.

If you eat 3 large eggs(60-70kcal ea.) instead of one sweet potato you will have similar satiety for less cals.

Why do you want to lose just 5?

Idk around 5-7. I was really happy when I was between 165 and 170. I was happy with the way my body looked. There is a noticeable difference in the tone of my stomach since after Christmas time. That is a really good idea though.

>wants to lose weight
>Oats, Bananas, Peanut Butter
>Can't stop stuffing his face for more then 3 hours.

Just accept that you are going to be hungry when you're trying to lose weight. Distract yourself with another addiction like vidya or drugs

What's wrong with bananas oats and peanut butter?

Fuck off

>5 pounds

Wait a week.
Your water weight alone fluctuates by at least that much every few days.

peanut butter is high in fat and is calories dense dumb ass

There seems to be a group of people on this board who are very strongly against keto. Are these just amerilards? Why are they so angry?

>some subhuman pooworlder is stupid enough to think a fat fuck diet like keto is good

lmao of course

anyone whose actually researched 5 minutes worth of nutrition is HOWLING at dumb you are

Go on then amerilard, give us your proof. Show me how dumb I am.

It just seems like a pretty bad idea and is probably harmful. Nutrition is important if you want to actually be healthy and not just shed weight for the sake of it and keto (which is just what twenty five year olds call Atkins) seems like a good way to kickstart a heart or colorectal problem

What is wrong with fat? Your body needs fat. You know the daily recommended amount for an average male on a 2000 calorie diet is 600 calories of fat, right? Not to mention peanut butter is a polyunsaturated fat (or monounsaturated fat, I forget which) which are the healthiest kinds of fat. If you measure a proper serving size then the calorie density is measured into the overall daily amount. There's no need to be an asshole.

In other words, you haven't actually done any research and are just guessing, am I correct?

nothing is wrong with fat dumb ass but when you're trying to lose weight you don't eat a bunch of fucking fat

nice blog btw

What is particularly bad about fat when trying to lose weight? Is the goal not to create a calorie deficit? Why does fat matter most in particular? You sound like someone who needs a hug, or some exercise, or needs to do something enjoyable so her life isn't so dismal. Otherwise you wouldn't be lashing out rudely at people for no reason.

This is the first result that came up when I googled keto diet research.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
>To determine the effects of a 24-week ketogenic diet (consisting of 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g/kg body weight protein, 20% saturated fat, and 80% polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat) in obese patients.
>The present study shows the beneficial effects of a long-term ketogenic diet. It significantly reduced the body weight and body mass index of the patients. Furthermore, it decreased the level of triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and blood glucose, and increased the level of HDL cholesterol. Administering a ketogenic diet for a relatively longer period of time did not produce any significant side effects in the patients. Therefore, the present study confirms that it is safe to use a ketogenic diet for a longer period of time than previously demonstrated.

not an argument

op isn't doing keto.

>not an argument
What are you, a wannabe christopher hitchens? I asked you a question and you won't give me an answer.

Kek your fucking post said
>when you're trying to lose weight you don't eat a bunch of fucking fat
Which is fucking nonsense. Now you're just trying to weasel your way out of it. Are you a woman or just a numale?

45g of pb is equivalent to 250 cals and 4.5g of sat. fat. why even diet if you're going to stuff your face

nobody is talking about keto. op is doing keto. don't be autistic

>I'll lose weight by ingesting a bunch of fat!
Americans...

You're a fat fucking subhuman third world retard. There's nothing I have to prove

Why come to Veeky Forums to ask about losing weight?

People here living off fast food or booze

It has some saturated fat, but look at the other kinds of fat that it has comparatively.

Saturated fat 3.3 g 16%
Polyunsaturated fat 4.4 g
Monounsaturated fat 8 g

Also, I'm pretty sure I've read that fiber cancels out the effects of saturated fat, even though there's not an unhealthy amount in the peanut butter I ate anyways. Peanut butter is good for you, it's mostly healthy fats.

This is the age of the internet, you can google things very easily. I wouldn't be arguing against you if I didn't feel what you're saying is factually invalid.

>also im pretty sure ive read that fiber cancels out the effects of saturated fat

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Hehehe

For people who are on the fence about keto, just do your own research and don't trust the faggots on this board. I'm sure anyone with half a brain would be doing that anyway. There are so many different opinions on the subject of nutrition, the best way is to try it out for yourself and see how you feel. It's not just about weight loss but health in general.

Also read up on intermittent fasting.

Oh what a surprise.. you're OP justifying your lack of self control.

>healthy fat
Cool. There's better sources of good fat. Not to mention you're eating salmon which has all the healthy fat you need. You want to lose weight, cut the calories. Fats do little to help your hunger but are calorie dense.

>fiber cancels
Really? Source?

>unhealthy amount
Only 45% of your suggested daily intake in one serving. Not bad at all!

You're arguing against me because you're a fucking fat slob who doesn't want to actually lose weight the proper way.

OP isn't even doing a keto diet so be irrelevant somewhere else.

I'll say whatever the fuck I want. You are a huge faggot.

>Really? Source?
I think it was carbs desu. My mistake.

>Oh what a surprise.. you're OP justifying your lack of self control.
Count every calorie down to the gram, measure out a precise amount of calories to eat every single day, don't go over or cheat. Yet I lack self control. You're not a very fun or intelligent troll.

>Trying to lose weight
>Eating the same foods that Veeky Forums would tell to eat if you want to bulk
>Not willing to understand why eating food with high density in calories is counterproductive when losing weight

Jeez now I get the correlation between Low Intelligenz and being overweight. You people are just too dumb to be thin.

I'm done trying to reason with him.

Here is an article talking about why losing weight isn't just about "calories in calories out".
authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/
>Whereas people on low-fat diets must be calorie restricted in order to lose weight, people eating low-carb (and high fat and protein) can usually eat until they feel satisfied and still lose weight.
>In these studies, the researchers need to actively restrict calories in the low-fat groups to make the results comparable, but the low-carb dieters still lose more weight (10).
>These studies show that there is no need to consciously focus on calories in order to eat less of them. This can happen automatically, simply by changing the types of foods you eat.

If you eat the same amount of calories in a low carb high fat diet or in a a high carb low fat diet it is true that the low carb is slightly better. But only slightly. What still matters the most is how many calories you consume and burn.

You need to read the sources of those fat apologist articles. The Studies they are referring to makes it clear that a low carb calorie is not that much more calorie inefficient.

It is better. Not only do people lose more weight, they feel full faster and less hungry. Here's a study on hunger and appetite on keto:
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/87/1/44.full
>In conclusion, the low-carbohydrate component of the high-protein regimen affects subjective motivation to eat, and volunteers feel less hungry and consume less energy, at least in the short term.
>This regimen appears to reduce calorie intake without increased hunger, and, therefore, it promotes compliance. The current evidence would support the use of such diets, in the short term at least, as a measure to reduce mortality and morbidity in obese subjects who would benefit from a modest weight loss.

>High Protein and Low Carb
>Keto

Oookay