ITT: overrated cuisines

ITT: overrated cuisines

Other urls found in this thread:

themoscowtimes.com/articles/once-a-peasant-food-caviar-now-luxury-treat-39642
poboyfest.com/food
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But it's the only good cuisine in Europe though aside from Greek, and select items like shnitzel and different sausages

American

>Greek

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yes, they know how to use seasonings as well

>Greek

Indian

Every cuisine that isnt french is overrated

France and Spain would like to have a word with you.

The double quarter pounder is pretty overrated desu. It's good but it's no mcchiken.

t.Mohammed Lagrange

Imagine thinking this was clever and funny

>American flavoured
>Not liking the taste of gunpowder and freedom
Yeah okay Euroman enjoy your Pakis

Nothing is more overrated than Japan.

>Greek is the best cuisine in Europe
>not Somalian

I can agree with this. cantonese is is a lot more dynamic.

fucking high octane kek

chink detected

This.
Can't agree with OP though.

>overrated top 3

3. France
>undeniably great, but not really that much better than Chinese, Malaysian, Vietnamese, Italian, or even American food, if at all, yet constantly treated as the international gold standard for food, which might have been true in the Western world 200 years ago but shouldn't be now

2. Italian
>delicious, but ridiculously overrated in the East, pretty much a go-to for "exotic foreign cuisine" in North America

1. Japanese
>bland food, lack of variety of flavors, low-quality imitations and reconstructions of foreign cuisines, misappropriation of available culinary resources; only good when expensive, YET THE WORLD CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF ALL THIS FUCKING SUSHI, RAMEN (technically a Chinese fusion food) AND WAGYU

honorable mention: Korea
>genuinely pretty good but not extremely diverse, a huge go-to as an "exotic foreign cuisine" for young people in Asia and the developed world

>underrated top 3

3. Vietnam
>constantly overshadowed by other Asian cuisines, most people only know it for pho and sometimes banh mi, but it has a fantastic variety of sweet, salty, sour, and spicy stirfries, salads, crepes and baked goods, noodles, drinks, desserts, and more

2. Malaysia
>practically forgotten as a world cuisine, but is pretty much a mix of Thai and Chinese cuisine, and has more variety than any other cuisine in Asia, just unbelievable varieties of meat, seafood, vegetables, spices, and herbs

1. USA
>takes ridiculous amounts of shit, constantly railed against as fattening, simplistic, fake, cheap, and derivative, yet has easily the greatest variety of flavors and loads of innovative dishes that taste extremely good

honorable mention: various Chinese cuisines
>often described as shit or using terrible cuts of meat and spices, but there are loads of fantastic dishes all over China and Taiwan, now growing in popularity across the world

Overrated:
Cajun
Creole
Soul Food
Southern Food
Jamaican Jerk
Ethiopian
Japanese

Top Tier:
Indian
Chinese
French

>pretty much a go-to for "exotic foreign cuisine" in North America
Maybe in 1960.

Thai is the most overrated cuisine on earth.

nope, Italian is still identified as a foreign cuisine even though it's highly incorporated into the American diet

if by earth you mean SE Asia, sure

There ignorant cucks haven't tried REAL Chinese food, in actual China.
It's oily, it's overly spiced, it's all shit tier cuts, chicken legs, small fish boiled whole... Etc

You can get quality expensive food too, but that's westernised because that's popular here, same shit you can get in Europe or America.

So real Chinese food is shit. Go back to eating your Panda express and shut the fuck up

Caviar is the ultimate meme food. Over priced and meh taste. It used to be cheap peasant food.

>References to caviar date back to as far as the Persian Empire. However, it hasn't always been regarded as the luxury item it is today. Russian fishermen learned to farm caviar as early as the 12th century and for centuries it was considered nothing more than cheap peasant food, served with porridge and eaten by the bowlful. However, once Ivan the Terrible got a taste for it, its status changed and it has remained a delicacy since.

themoscowtimes.com/articles/once-a-peasant-food-caviar-now-luxury-treat-39642

>haha I've eaten all of the food from four countries of a total of 1.5 billion people

yeah okay. no-passport flyover

By who? Nobody I've met thinks of Italian as "exotic foreign cuisine".

You obviously haven't been to Beijing to understand what I'm talking about

I lived in Taiwan for two years you fucking cunt. Chinese food is fine, you're just an idiot.

>French is overrated
Agreed
Just add dairy and act like a stuck up blind, deaf, and dumb child.

What the fuck

What a fucking lousy series of meals has you believing this to be true

>loads of innovative dishes that taste extremely good
Hit me with em.

American barbecue is the most overrated cuisine. Given how much of a dick measuring contest it is among people from various BBQ states, it's sort of pathetic about how fine-but-not-great it all is

Anything non-European is overrated. White people just pretend to like shit like sushi or other ching chong food to appear "sophisticated".

>b-but muh memes
Kill yourself you numale cuck

>Universally acknowledged to be the worst in the world
>Overrated

Pick one

poboyfest.com/food

I'll Join in here
Top 3 overrated -
>Korean
I have never in my life had a strong desire to eat Korean food. It is a halfway house mix between Chinese and Japanese dishes, with a few good flavours. That isn't enough to hang the term 'cuisine' on

>Sichuanese
I lived in Sichuan for two years, and before I went I was so excited about the food. I was pretty fucking disappointed. While ingredients are quite varied, the flavours are not. Cantonese is really the superior Chinese style cuisine.

>Spanish
FUCK OFF
The food is fine, but a lot of it is slightly worse versions of food you find elsewhere. Tapas is nothing special; not to say it isn't often nice, but it is just a pleasant snack with drinks.

Underrated
>Mexican
Might sound odd to Americans, but the diversity of flavours in Mexican food is really really unknown outside of the Americas. I was completely blown away when I visited the country, and I have never eaten anything like it since.

>Thai
Everyone thinks of Pad Thai or whatever, but the country has a huge variety. North has curries and sausages, quite different from the sort you can get in nearby countries. Khao Soi for life, Sour Mushroom Soup for life.

>Lebanese
Fucking Turks and Greeks can all go die, along with Israel (that's a given of course) - Lebanese is the ultimate eastern Med/Levant cuisine, and all neighbouring countries want to be like them so bad it hurts

I like you
2/10, at least put some effort into it

>2/10, at least put some effort into it
>Implying I'm not being serious

Korean resident here. I think the issue with Korean food is that people in other countries don't really know what it is. What are the most famous Korean foods? Barbecue, kimchi, pibimbap, and tteogbeogi. Mostly shit slathered with chili or chili sauce. But if you come here, there's a hell of a lot more: noodles, roasted pork belly, pork knuckles, smoked duck, oxtail soup, braised short ribs, black bean sauce, steamed and fried dumplings, a miso stew that is nothing like Japanese miso, and some good quality takes on Western food like corn dogs or bulgogi pizza. It's good but misunderstood.

>but the diversity of flavours in Mexican food is really really unknown outside of the Americas. I was completely blown away when I visited the country
How do you mean? Specifics?

Hold on to your hat:
Mole are completely unknown
No Pozole or any stews or soups. Even though I would have thought we would love Menudo over here it is not common.
Corn Tortillas sometimes appear but they are always extremely bland, and just like a tougher flour tortilla, whereas I kept coming across some sort of corn tortilla that was kind of thick, and a bit crumbly, with discernible fragments of corn in it.
Another shocker was Chilis and how different they could taste.

Korean is basic tribesman grub

I imagine korea as a huge series of villages when suddenly NYC get dumped on a landfill and tje next thing you know these faggots start acting like they are sophisticated yet have these old customs that just show how much of a tribesman they remain

Reminder #fandeath is real in Korean

I'm not saying it isn't good, I'm just saying I don't consider it a world beating cuisine

yeah okay cool

it's not. it doesn't compare to Malaysian, Viet, the many varieties of Chinese, Italian, French, Greek, Mexican, or Levant. But it's pretty good, more than just some throwaway cuisine.

Exactly, I'm just calling it overrated but I dont dislike it at all.

but to call it overrated suggests that it's usually highly rated, more than just "pretty good"

Oh but in the UK (and what I hear from a few Americans, on the west coast at least) Korean is the fucking trendiest cuisine. Japanese and Chinese are so old hat, bah, throw that shit away and start eating Korean food aka the only real food.

mostly among people aged 14 to 25 years old excluding those with any culinary training

Sounds like you just have a complete lack of experience