Alright al/ck/s

Alright al/ck/s,

I'm thinking of getting a flask. Do any of you have one and do you use it regularly?

I alternate between being a severe degenerate alcoholic and a tea totaling bitch, so no.

I bought one when I was in college because it seemed cool and subversive to "concealed carry" some alcohol in public

Then I realized it was kind of a pathetic thing that only actual drunks and edgy people do, so I left it at home, and I think eventually threw it out during a move

I use one for smuggling cheap booze into gigs. I use cheap ones, because sometimes they get confiscated.

flasks are as fedora as it gets

I use it to sneak into the movies when the weather is warm. In the winter I just bring beer in my coat.

Kind of off topic, but I just need to know :
Is it okay for me to drink one beer a day, health wise?
I mostly drink light, local beer with medium abv percentage

Is it okay to shoot heroin once a day?

Not even close to the same thing
0/10 unhelpful prick

I keep one in my car for the driving cocktail on the way home from work.

my guy! always keep a roadie on hand

I use them to collect blood.

Yeah you're fine m80. Don't worry

Thanks for the helpful input man

Yeah drunk driving !

I got one when I was 18 so I could keep it around when I went to a party if it was a bust. I only see myself using it for sneaking it into places like movies and shit. Mine was cheap but Im not gonna throw it out any time soon.

i use a ??oz $2 plastic vodka bottle and then regularly refill it with $14-a-handle whiskey

What about club/sport flasks like pic related?

u MADD?

I've had one for years and hardly ever use it...
until wedding season. Waiting around between the ceremony and the reception, speeches are taking way too long, Cash bar that doesn't have decent whisky, having a cigar with the groom. If you're going to do a wedding right you need a flask.

Kek

Good one but I hope when you crash and kill yourself nobody else is brought down with you

Depends on what you mean by okay

>They kept saying there are a lot of women on Veeky Forums, but I didn't want to believe them.

Well then no. Get two.

>anyone against drunk driving is a woman
got 'em!

What he's saying is if you get drunk from having one drink then you're either a woman or a manlet.

I'm asian and 5' 6", but it still takes me 4 drinks to get buzzed. You have to be a 12 year old girl if you get drunk off one drink.

I'm a 12 year old girl, but it still takes me 3 drinks to get buzzed. You have to be a preschooler to get drunk off one drink.

No anyone that is a humorless bitch must be a woman, a fat, ugly woman, a fat, ugly, dickless, frustrated dike woman.

I used to, until I realized halfpints don't set off metal detectors and you can just throw them away when you're done.

>dickless woman
What other kind is there?

>I'm thinking of getting a flask.

i would take 2 days off in a week

I'm a preschooler, but it still takes me 2 drinks to get buzzed. You have to be a toddler to get drunk off one drink.

I have a few. Mostly abandoned here during parties, and one I received for being a groomsman at a wedding. I'll fill one before a camping trip because it fits easily in my pack, but that's about it. Typically I just take a bottle wherever I am planning to drink, along with any mixers and ice in a cooler. When I was in high school I used to carry one all the time. But that was a day before metal detectors in schools.

some studies say there are health benefits in an alcoholic beverage a day. Most recommend a glass of red wine though. Antioxidants and such.

> I only understand things in terms of memes and references to autism

There's a problem here, and it's you

i have one and never really used it. i dont get sloshed outside the house because of my accident and im usually the one driving.

I rarely use mine because I can rarely afford spirits. Still a worthwhile thing to have I'd say as other anons have said. I took one filled with bourbon with me into the cinema when I saw Rogue One and dumped it into my frozen coke. Shit was pretty cash.

The dicked kind, I don't understand your question.

Post feet

Knows what's going on. I have two different setups depending on how many how many people I know at he wedding/function. The silver one fits perfectly in the inside pocket of a jacket.

a flask is such a middle schooler thing to want

I have one but it's collecting dust.

I don't go out much.

well spoken, milady

I also received a flask as a groomsman years back (with an engraved Revolutionary War minuteman on it) and use it for ice fishing a couple of times per year (thou not this or last year, damnit!)

Yeah I've read so many different things fr various sources - guess I'm just gonna have to ask my doctor. Although I can definitely not drink for days, even weeks at a time, I'd rather not. One beer a day seems fine, maybe with a couple days off. Thanks gents

Flasks are like 5 bucks on eBay, it's hardly a life altering financial decision.
Just get one with the lid that says attached when it's undone so you don't lose it when you fall off the park bench.

Wish I had a good reaction image for this
Underrated post

Found one

Antioxidants are bullshit and do nothing for your health. A healthy diet will give you all you need, and blasting yourself with supplements may actually fuck up your biochemistry more than it helps anything. Resveratol, the antioxidant they laud for being in red wines, does not have significant effects on your body. A beer or two a day isn't bad for your health beyond the calories.

Drink up, friends. Don't let it get in the way of your life.

t. molecular biologist

Damn. Thanks friend, this basically quells my anxiety about drinking a beer or two a day. And low abv beers, at that. Though I will still be consulting my doctor to be on th safe side. But till then, Imma live and be merry (in moderation, of course)

what even is the point of drinking one or two a day?

fuckin lol

Well I don't always
But I work a lot and I like to come home, cook, and drink a beer with my meal. With water too, of course
Lately I've just been less busy because of the project I'm on at work, so I have more time to drink and browse the internet in the evenings until I get assigned to something else.

Gotcha. If I'm busy enough I can pull off 2 or 3 a night, but most of the time I will end up drinking way more than that if I get started

Hah, sometimes I get carried away with 3 or 4 during the weekend and a couple shots if I'm bored enough
And I classify the weekend as Friday evening to Monday morning

Hello

Hey. When I took it out for I found it was half full. It's about empty now.

I've taken to putting vodka in water bottles. Just carry snacks that give you garlicky or onion breath, be careful not to spill or dribble like retard, and no one is wise to it.

Everybody knows what the fuck is in a flask if the see it.

When I was like 18 I bought and 8oz flask. Whenever I would get a bottle of liqour I would fill it up and put it away before the rest of the bottle was drank. When I was 21 I used to always have it full in my backpack and I would drink it on the way home from school or work. Now that I'm older it's hardly ever used.

>I'm a toddler, but it still takes me 1.5 drinks to get buzzed. You have to be an infant to get drunk off one drink.

I worked on synthesis of resveratrol analogues one summer. Small world

>e-virgin

Pleb. You're either all in or all out.

These are the reasons I have several. I'm a fan, let me tell you, nobody is more loved at a wedding than the guy with a flask for the groomsmen and one for the bridesmaids.

Also quickly became the favorite at a dry wedding for my frat bro (bride's request) when I had booze for him and both mothers.

I also love it for the work christmas party (but then I keep it to myself)

Holy shit I dated this chick who worked on resveratrol at school, she claimed it was magic, I didn't buy it and she hated it, she's a super dyke now

Dunno if this is the main alco thread but I literally relapsed after 2 days by scoring a cheap piece of stew beef and deciding to make Guinness stew. Everyone knows you have to buy at least 8x the amount of beer you actually need for the recipe.
It was all going so well too. So well I might actually be okay tomorrow. I only bought a six-pack of pints so It's not like I'll get more than lightly buzzed.

Resveratrol is a meme. The only real benefit to alcohol is that it's a vasodialator. You get the same good from drinking a couple drinks a day as taking a dose of asprin.

I use my Grandfather's gold flask as "wedding fun insurance". My wife and I go to half a dozen or more weddings a year, bringing a flask of booze ensures I have fun. Solid gold ensures no chemical reaction with my scotch. Apparently the flask was "spoils of war" from some central European shithole he was stationed in during the war, no idea the provenance desu senpai. No interest either. It serves a purpose.

Drinking in pure gold recipient actually poisons you slowly over time
Hope you die soon brah

t. Buttblasted Euroscum.

>try to actually help someone
>MUUUUH BUTTBLASTED EUROSCUM ;_;
Now this is
>obsession

>Resveratrol is a meme.
I'm with you there, but I don't really think routine vasodilator use has health benefits

>not being able to afford drinking out of a 22k gold flask

Sham.

I have one and I only use it in winter when skiing.
This and sneaking alc into places are the only legit non-faggot way of using a flask.

a hip fedora

>Guinness stew
You are a saint, good sir

I am constantly wondering this

>his office Christmas party is dry
top pleb, do you work for Mormons?

Not dry but drink limit, and I find those limits to be ridiculous

Yes, heroin is fine, it's just the cut they put into it that's bad for you.

>Be me
>Be 18 (Some years ago)
>Given flask as present
>Keep filed with Jack
>Literally never had the chance to drink it, in between work and driving
>When either out or at home it was easier just to pour from the original bottle
>Threw the flask away
>Never regretted it

Hell yeah dude, that's the German lunch.

Had this for a couple years now- my market was selling this weird package deal and the people in front of us bought it without taking the flask with them, so they just gave it to me.

Flasks are utility as fuck, they're not very good for carrying around everywhere unless you need to get drunk everywhere.

I have some flasks buried away somewhere, but even when I was drinking I never used them because they didn't hold enough

Drunk here, I carry two 6oz flasks of whiskey in my suit jacket each day...

Where the fuck do you work that limits drinks at a Christmas party?

>suit jacket
You just told on yourself. If you actually had a job which requires a suit, you'd not have said that.

AA corporate.

Kek. Kind of smart thing to do if you think about it.

u can have 21 drinks a week and be 'safe'

any more than that and youre a 'heavy drinker'

flasks are redundant. It's hard to fill them and if you are trying to conceal your liquor you are better off using vodka in a water bottle. Think about it, if you go out clubbing or to some show and see you nipping from a flask they will kick you out.

I've only ever known them being used to get spirits into a club when everyone's skint.

I have this... not proud of it but whatever, still works fine.

and no, I don't use it regularly. Maybe once a year

might as well get a fedora and some fingertip-less gloves while you're at it OP.

This.

The only reason to have a flask is for camping or if you want to bring a small amount of personal liquor to a party.
Or if you have a real office, then you can just use it to pour into your morning coffee or whatever.