What's the best way to make a hot dog? A friend of mine insists on boiling them...

What's the best way to make a hot dog? A friend of mine insists on boiling them. I feel like grilling it is infinitely better.

Grilling is better, boiling is easier.

as long as it isnt microwaved i guess

I slice down the middle and toast them in a toaster oven if i dont feel like firing up my charcoal grill, which is objectively the best way to cook a hot dog. But boiled is better for certain things like chili dogs

Define best. Fastest? Easiest? Tastiest?

Boiling them is certainly quick and simple but IMHO they taste much much better grilled or seared in a pan.

I was thinking based on taste. I simply don't think a boiled hot dog has nearly as much flavor as a grilled one. They don't really become juicy from the boiling.

I always cook mine in a vegetable steamer, but grilled are best if you are able to do so.

If you boil them they'll crack and lose all their taste. You're supposed to keep them in hot water you mongoloid.

put ketchup on them

I either grill them or boil them. Pan-fried tastes like shit.

So they keep all the vitamins?

That's the pic he sent me. I swear, I've never boiled a hot dog in my life. I always grill. The proper way for that is just heating them in water?

I have no idea, I just didn't like boiled hot dogs making the bun a little soggy.

This raises another question, what are the best condiments to top a hot dog with? I can eat some higher end hot dogs with nothing on them, but for shittier dogs I like spicy brown mustard.

in your BUTT

HAHA :D

My go-to is brown mustard, onions, and pickle relish.

Microwave

Nobody on Veeky Forums unironically microwaves their hot dogs. End this meme.

How do you ironically microwave a hot dog?

If your goal is to make the food as shitty as possible, deliberately.

I'm pretty sure microwaving a hot dog makes them expand and become all sorts of strange most of the time.

Hot water but not boiling.

What does "brown" mustard mean? Dijon or something?

If you are grilling then I hope you are slathering them in a BBQ sauce of some sort, in which case that's all you need. Just pick it off with a fork and eat

For boiled: yellow mustard, chili, shredded cheese, seared onions

I like to wrap them in tinfoil and toss them in the oven. It's something between boiled and grilled.

Yellow mustard, sauerkraut, raw diced white onion

Slather it and grill it with the BBQ sauce on it? Or apply afterwards?

Never heard of this one. Sounds decent.

sauerkraut, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and cream cheese
t. WAfag

Add pickled hot peppers and mustard relish and you got a winner.

while grilling yeah continually coat it with BBQ sauce, maybe do one good slather about 30 seconds before you pull it if you want a lot of sauce

More like, you got a WEINER haha get it?

It's similar to Dijon, but more coarse and slightly spicier. It also lacks the white wine.

No. I get it, but still no.

microwave until it becomes leather

Boiling hot dogs is for absolute degenerates.

Quality meme, friendo.

Thank you. Couldn't agree more. It's lazy and it tastes like shit.

Depends on the casing. I'll admit that grilling anything tastes better, but you didn't buy natural-casing hotdogs to make them taste identical to Gwaltney turkeydogs.
regular ass, boil them. you'll cover them with fucking condiments, they just have to get hot and stay hot in a group
quality, any pure beef sort? pan fry, and don't bastardize with anything except maybe a little mustard

Sous vide for sure

Is this a good brand for someone just starting with brown mustard?

boil then blowtorch em for that perfect picture

Your joke was like your mom's period.
Late.

I like my hotdogs with a little char on them with hot mustard.

pretty much this. always always throw them on the bbq or at least a frypan if you want taste. Boiling them is just the lazy way.

chili dogs with chopped onion and mustard

Really, the best way is to smoke them over hickory for about an hour.

It's just that it's not really practical unless you're in the middle of cooking something else on your smoker.

Slowcook them

Grill when it's warm out. If it's too cold, then you cook them in a skillet with some water. The water boils/steams the dogs, then when the water evaporates you let them get just a little bit pan-fried.

Bake them.
It taste like they came straight from the gas station.

I love making hotdogs over a fire. Honestly the only thing that beats grilling in my opinion.

This intrigues me.
Wouldn't the condom melt when placed in boiling water?

i microwave them

I just don't understand

>Gets nice and crunchy
>Done in 30 seconds
>Don't lose any flavor
>If you're supremely lazy, you can just microwave it in the bun

i cant imagine boiling being any better than microwaving if boiling can't brown the hot dog anyway

They're both awful. Hotdogs are almost intolerable if they aren't browned, at least to me.

If you're not charring your hot dogs you're doing them wrong. Crunchy hot dogs are based

i do it when im hungry at night and dont feel like spending more than 30 seconds on what i want to eat

this is a fact.

yeah which is why I would always microwave a hot dog over boiling it since it's faster, if I would not be grilling it which you should

microwave.

Your friend is right boiling is the best way.

Just remember, hot dogs are already cooked so the goal is to heat it.

Wait until the water reaches boiling then turn down to simmer. Now put the dogs in until they float. Should take around 5 minutes.

Now place the hot dog into the steamed bun.

Next put the toppings on in this order: yellow mustard, green relish, onion, tomato wedge, pickle spear, sport pepper, and celery salt.

Remember to dress the Dog and not the bun.

Microwave 1:00, 50% power

Camp fire

on a pan with just a bit of water
easier to boil water on a pan

You gotta charbroil hot dogs, that's the best way to go

>putting radiated DNA into your body

good one, breh

why don't people put them in the microwave oven with like convection or something

What's the best brand of hotdog?

Vienna Beef

Hebrew National, but they jew you because they only come 7 to a pack

The only correct answers. There's no reason for anyone else to respond to the question. Although, Dietz & Watson makes a decent dog, too.

>buying Hebrew National
Come on, (((they))) aren't even trying.

you PNW fags really put cream cheese on your dogs?

I hardly even like cream cheese on a bagel, let alone a fucking hot dog

Chili and onions. Sometimes with mustard/ketchup, sometimes without. Just depends how you're feeling.

Steam them.

The best way to cook a hot dog is throw it in your smoker for an hour.

Serve with saurkraut and grey poupon.

split them and grill

its easy

Those are huge hot dogs

for you

This
Also caramelized onions

What if I don't have a smoker

How do you even survive?

Just smoke a cigarette near the hot dogs

I don't know, why live

Smoking is bad for you

this is exactly what i do. would prefer grill but im not setting up an entire bbq grill just for 1 hot dog lol

>slice sides
>fry until crispy
best way imo

You degenerate

boil them in the brine they come with then add chopped onions and cook till onions are translucent.

Just eat them cold.
Fuck da police.

i love jalapenos and sriaicha or any thick hot sauce on dogs. melted colby or gouda is good. but nothing beats a hot dog with watermelon rind relish

Why?

confit, then grill.
anything else is pure pleb tier

I pickle them overnight then lightly toast the exterior with a butane torch.

I do
it's amazing

Finally a helpful thread worth reading

>my grandma was making microwawed sausages for me

Your grandma put a lot of love into those Jimmy Deans

I have some leftovers thinking about making a hot dog soup

Gutheinz or Kunzler