This Bullshit

>fell for Moonshine meme
>try Firefly because liquor store out of pic related
>pic related touted as "gold standard" of legal "moonshine"
>finally get to try it
>complete shit

Why are there so many positive reviews on Ole Smokey but next to zero for other "moonshines"?

I'm convinced positive reviewers are either shills, people who are too proud to admit they got shilled into buying it, or yankee cucks.

Also general "moonshine" thread

Other urls found in this thread:

firstchoiceliquor.com.au/Spirits/ole-smoky-moonshine-white-lightnin-750ml_2575794?q=Ole Smoky Moonshine White Lightnin' 750mL&redir=true
youtube.com/watch?v=9fMKGkrH6z8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because they pay to put fake reviews on websites

Moonshine is good for making extracts and tinctures because it is so strong. 80 proof minimum to make tinctures, anything under 190 proof and the herb must be ground first. Everclear is the only thing I know of that is 190 proof and they make a 150 proof version as well. These would be best for tinctures. With the 190 you could just put whole leaves into it, flowers, buds etc. and it would extract the essence. I personally have ground some salvia divinorum and put it in 80 proof for two weeks. You should keep those kind of jars for things like that. You can also put non-drug things like regular sages into alcohol for two weeks and it is a good tincture for having colds.

This is the Firefly Moonshine that I tried.

Pretty smooth given it's 100 proof, minimal vapors and has a sweet, heavy corn finish with a hint of yeast.

that's not what he's mad about though. user's upset that only this brand they're calling overrated gets reviews

That shit is like 70 bucks a jar where I live, I haven't tried it yet.

lmao. fuck that. it's absolutely not worth 70 bucks.

where the hell you live?

Real moon is like $30 here why would you buy that for $70?

Shit son even a half gallon of Everclear is only like $55...

Australia

firstchoiceliquor.com.au/Spirits/ole-smoky-moonshine-white-lightnin-750ml_2575794?q=Ole Smoky Moonshine White Lightnin' 750mL&redir=true

moonshine is just pure ethanol. what the fuck is your problem. get some everclear. what are you fucking expecting.

55? i pay fucking 24 for a gallon.

It's only $17 in the US and still not worth it, please don't buy it for $70 user.

Hence the quotation marks around "moonshine" I know no one who makes real moonshine, so I'm stuck with whatever I can buy from the liquor store.

its ethanol. unless you have the disposable income to appreciate being able to spend lots of money on ethanol, just get everclear and mix it with some club soda for a drink as good as any other.

Real moonshine is gross. I was pregaming a concert with some friends once and a good 'ol boy showed up with two lableless Mason jars that he said he bought off a friend. The bigger jar was 50% and the smaller jar was 60%. We played some card games and he got wasted off the small jar. The moonshine had been sitting on the table for over and hour warming up and he called me a pussy for not wanting to drink it. I decided to take a shot, the only thing I had to chase it with was the 50/50 vodka gatorade mix I was drinking. I tried to siphon gas from my car once to fill up a chainsaw. The moonshine tasted how huffing gas out of a hose does.

> $30
>moonshine

wtf r u doin, user?

$10 for a gatorade bottle is about US standard in my experience, and I am not a haggler so it is probably less for anyone else.

> meme

memes are a meme meme.

Tfw Canada, feelsbadman

youtube.com/watch?v=9fMKGkrH6z8

OP here.

Tried pic related just now. It's actually worse than Ole Smokey.

Firefly is still tastes the best out of all three despite being the cheapest.

>100 proof

That ain't moonshine. Go get your shine box, kid.

>buying legal moonshine
lmao..... let me guess, you've probably bought legal absinthe before too

Moonshine only exists because inbred hicks couldn't access actual decent alcohol, so you're pretty dumb for expecting it to taste like anything but spicy toilet water

Not sure what you're trying to say but legal moonshine is just doing what people do to make moonshine but with a license to do it. There's no formula change (in theory).

Thank God I love in an area where buying moonshine is like buying produce.

Partially right. It's simply unaged distilled alcohol. Aging is what gives flavor to distilled alcohol, and moonshine is definitely not aged.

It's a hipster idea of "hip," buying an unaged distilled product for the same price as an aged one.

You can make a great rum from cattle sorghum feed grain, but it has to be aged in some kind of environment that imparts a flavor.

So none of you people have made your own booze?

You can make azeotropic alcohol if you have a reflux still.

It's vodka made from corn. Nothing special.

vodka made from corn is pointless, you make whiskey from corn, vodka is made from sugar and a nutrient solution.

>You can make a great rum from cattle sorghum feed grain, but it has to be aged in some kind of environment that imparts a flavor.

2nding this. I've made moonshine from "sweet feed" for horses before. Un-aged it was undrinkable firewater that tasted like being throat-fucked with a wire brush. Aged for a couple years with some charred oak? Very smooth and drinkable. I did a blind taste test with some friends and most of us preferred it to mid-tier name brands.

Exactly. The cheapest, most flavorful home distilled alcohol is an aged rum from animal feed. Start trying to do a barley or rye malt whiskey and you're talking a huge jump in cost with the primary flavor coming from the long aging. Not worth it. Well aged home distilled rums are rocks or neat drinkable.

Having said that, unaged distilled alcohol (moonshine) is simply garbage.

All absinthe is legal in the USA now.

Doesn't contain thujone, which causes psychoactive effects. Wormwood concentration in old French style absinthe was insanely high, also alcohol proof was near 200 as well. The shittier garbage for sale here is just that...garbage.

t. Liquor store owner.

To add to this, OP should buy pic related if he wants to taste moonshine without the taboo and potential jailtime associated with it.

Nice guess, too bad it's wrong.

>been drinking whiskey for a while
>prefer (aged) corn-heavy whiskies
>decided to try moonshine for "fresher" corn flavor

Sorry that reality isn't as autistic as your projection.

Shine is the shit tier on the level of prison hooch. Fuck these faggot reality shows for trying to convince people otherwise. Tastes like lighter fluid really.

Any Polish grocery store will carry it. 96%abv, or 192 proof.

Cheap to boot.

If I remember correctly, absinthe is made with wormwood traditionally but the stuff sold in the US is not made with wormwood but a related plant without the thujone. I think it was called southernwood.

>50% alcohol
That's about 30% shy of qualifying as real moonshine.