Fat General /fg/

Any overweight bros here? I am pushing 210 @ 5'8ish and am really starting to notice that I take up a pretty decent amount of room. I notice it in my car. In my office chair. My gut also feels bigger than ever but it could just be in my head. I dunno. I lift weights so I like to think my body composition isn't as bad as I think but it probably is.

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/
youtube.com/watch?v=h-jy3OtZAss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try full contact sports like football and rugby. Also eat more bro you only live once

265 @ 6'3" here. I knew when I hit 250 it had gone too far. Trying to turn things around by quitting drinking, shooting for 215 by end of year

Stare at yourself naked in the mirror standing sideways

Get on myfitnesspal m8. Don't diet because they're all retarded cults and promotes insecurity. It's just calories in/out

i'm 140 at your height. losing weight is easier than gaining desu...

fatfriend here, seconding this app. i couldn't stick with it but it was really eye-opening to count calories like that.

my biggest issue is lack of exercise. my job is decent physical activity but i took almost a month off while i was sick and gained a lot of wait. i'm in a situation i hate so i eat constantly to cope with stress/anxiety/boredom. once i graduate i'll be living on my own again and won't hate everything, until then i just have to manage to not kill myself or gain a hundred pounds

Yeah when I was younger that was true, although 140 is crazy skinny

Depends on the individual.

I've been getting thigh chafe quite a lot lately, I put on about 5kg over the Xmas break and haven't been able to lose it.

Need to cut back on the beers and eat a bit better I think.

how much do you weigh that your thighs touch eachother?

bump

230lbs @ 6'2"

I'm pretty muscular because I have a physical job but I still have a beer gut.

Seek help buddy

It isn't.
authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/

If i don't manage my weight, it always evens out at exactly 106kg

125lbs @ 5'6". Fucking disgusting, I'm changing my diet right now.

I tried something new by eating the same portioned meals every single day and I lost 25 pounds since the year started, my clothes don't fit anymore and I feel great.

Literally, I just have coffee for breakfast and a 600cal sandwich for lunch and anything goes for dinner.

Not gonna bother reading that. What would you recommend though? Eating under a specific amount of calories really is the best way to go imo

I drank like a fucker after a bad breakup. (What pushed me over to the /pol/ side of things. I was all reasonably Veeky Forums and I sold it all down the river because of a mexican anchor baby -whore-. We're talking Carmine tier.

This is of course no excuse for letting my body go shit.

>Article begins "I think the notion of “calories in vs. calories out” is ridiculous."
>Already zero credibility
Besides, the whole cal in/cal out with MyFitnessPal is how I lost 180 pounds (healthy eating + strength training). Doubt you'll believe me but I'm anonymous so it's not like I have a reason to lie. There's nobody here for me to impress. Just wanted to say that CICO works.

>some shit article with stock photos and page riddled with ads

Yeah, no thanks. If you have any doubt go talk to a doctor or multiple doctors, dieticians, etc. 99% of them will tell you the same thing.

245 lbs. @ 6'0"
>gained like 20 pounds at the end of last year from drinking

I feel like complaining.

Type 1 diabetic here. I've been eating a strict 1200-1500 kcal ketogenic diet and doing 3 hours of moderate cardio daily for two months. I have gained 10 pounds of fat during this time. My blood glucose levels are about ideal. Male, 5'11", 190 lbs, fairly muscular. Apparently human analog insulin injections simply make me gain fat now. I've read that t1's can sometimes only lose fat by taking metformin. Anyone else here actually have a hormone problem? It's making me feel pretty depressed.

>only learns racemixing is bad by getting fucked over by other races

Your parents failed you.

>it's on the internet, it must be true
ask anyone who actually counts their macros, especially people who work out. they'll tell you how exactly they can influence their body fat content by eating a surplus or deficit of calories. you just have to know how many calories you burn per day

Fat survey here: I'm interested in learning how many of you fatties are fussy with food.

How many of you only eat beige coloured food? Meat and carbs?

I'm not fat anymore at 165lbs to 6'2, but used to be a chubby teen. Always ate everything except pineapple and some severe goat cheeses. Still a sucker for fatty meat and sugary shit, but can control it now.

Did you eat excessively? If so, why?

is that really bretcuck?

6,5 here used to weigh 313 down to 286 its pretty easy so far :)

Why would you post on a board for food and cooking if you've never eaten before?

I'm 101 kg at 6'1
>I used to be heavier don't really know but guessing 120kg+

bro, look around. you don't need to post a thread for this. you're on the right board.

I was a fat kid but once I hit puberty I became normal. At 10 years old I was 5"4, 180 lbs. Now I'm 23, 5"10, and 145 lbs.

Not particularly fat but certainly heavier than I was and than I'd like to be. ~70kg at 170cm. Used to be skinnyfat but I'm not really skinny anymore.

I can't find a form of exercise that I can get much out of.
>walk for two hours and don't feel it
>run for two minutes and feel like I'm going to die

Oh and I graze pretty much constantly because I have nothing going on in my life.

Veeky Forums
read sticky
gtfo

I'm fat and have no intention of losing weight.

sounds like you need to train cardio

walk faster nigga

have fun dying early

>have fun
I am, that's the point

Is that you Brendan?

>people in shape have no fun meme

Put the instant ramen and cheetos down and learn how to actually cook.

Former super fat here.
Currently saving for surgery.

If you plan to lose weight the sooner the better. Less chance of ending up with a disgusting body.

I can cook well, I just cook unhealthy food. I have no reason to be in shape, I got no-one to impress.

Wow, well done bro.

>I just cook unhealthy food.

So? Just eat less of it.

>> I have no reason to be in shape
Health? Feeling good about yourself? Having more energy? Being able to perform basic tasks without getting out of breath or tired?

5'7" and 245 pounds here. I got really fat in my 30s. It's mostly from drinking beer.

I feel indifferent about myself which is fine. I don't care about my health. I don't need more energy since I never leave the house. I'm not boogie level fat so I'm mostly fine.

I recommend you do your own reading and make up your own mind. Better yet test things out yourself and see how you feel. That is imo the best way to go about it.
>hurr durr article is too long
>it has ads
>it's on the internet it must be lies
Keep doing what your doctor tells you he has a degree he must knows what he's talking about. Have fun eating tiny portions 6 times a day, what do I care.

nice pic

are you actually autistic or just pretending to be retarded or what?

Yawn.

If you have something to say, say it. Nobody gives a fuck about your garbage /b/ tier insults.

>Yawn

Talking to a moron is very boring.

so shit, sherlock
*tips fedora*

That's pretty depressing dude, 3 hours of cardio and gaining. Fuck it I would just stop doing the cardio. But 5'11 190 is not fat

Only eat in front of the mirror naked. You can count calories all you want but without a healthy dose of shame about your disgusting body you wont stick to it

5'7 215lb~ mexican manlet here.
Only ever went down to 170 once, and then went up right back last year. It fucking sucks but I'm well aware it's not muh genes or any bullshit like that, I'm just a fat fuck.

There's really no point to this post, except maybe that you're not alone, bro.

Hey man. I'm not a pro about diet or anything, but have you been eating enough fat?

250 at 5ft11

kill me please

>But 5'11 190 is not fat
Maybe in America.

you can't have fun when you're fat and ugly and unattractive to the opposite sex

>America is the only place with any fat people
maybe in the rest of the world too, eurofag

208 @ 5"11, lost 10 lbs last month (water weight)

Hoping to get around 1.5 lbs a week until at least 180

Well yeah I was - and still feel - rarely satiated. It wasn't really escapism, I just love food and am never full. Now I just deal with the hunger, like anyone with self control should.

i had 2 pints of milk and 6 pieces of toast for breakfast

Do you have a gym membership? Try spin classes. Sounds lame but I tried it in the army and it broke my ass off. You can start slow. Everybody will be going at a different pace but you get what you put into it. You can try navigating the penis factory that is Veeky Forums for advice too.

Audition for Star Trek

You can if you don't care about those things

i probably eat more than the average 180lb man desu

i really don't think a fat, lethargic person has the same concept of fun as somebody who has the energy and ambition to actually do something with their free time and life as a whole

Ex-morbid obese, current overweight. 6'5 260lbs 28%bf for your data collection stats

If it was carb loaded, cooked in/with oil, and was given to me in a brown bag, I ate it.

i'm 5'4" 190
but i don't think i'm that fat. i skate or bike most days and my pants are roomy and i don't shop in the obese section so idk

I'm 6'2'' and about 220

I look pretty normal because I'm well-proportioned but I'm definitely carrying some extra flab I'd like to get rid of, especially around my midriff. I've been working out for a while so I think if I really just want to lose enough fat for my gains to become visible. Drinking and smoking definitely get in the way of a healthy diet. My plan is to quit after I graduate in about a month because it's easy for me to drink and smoke out of boredom at home. I really gotta start running again.

I was that weight at two inches taller than you AND had some muscle mass and was still a fat ass. You are fat as fuck, don't lie to yourself.

ok

I was 6'1'' 265 lbs a year ago. Went home for summer break from Uni and lost like 25-30 lbs. Came back to Uni and have pretty much stagnated.

Picked up smoking a ton of weed and being a lazy lardass right where I left off. At least I'm eating a normal amount now and not gaining weight.

How much did you drop?

I am 6ft4 at 245 lbs. I sweat so much during the day, to the point where people ask if I'm okay as I constantly look like I'm on the verge of a heart attack..which I probably am.

Cut my meals down from 4-5 unhealthy meals a day to about 2 that will make me feel full and not have to snack so much during the day. See how it goes.

Respect. Thanks for sharing.

>Go from 250 lbs to 160 lbs in 5 months
>Feel great, don't sweat nearly as much, can be outside in summer and not have my ass feel like a drainage pipe
>Go abroad for Uni naively thinking I'd like it
>3 years of weed and food fueled depression
>Go back up to 270 this time
>40 lbs down again

Pretty emo desu famalazapam

Now you've scared me.
Also Type 1, currently 5'7" and 180 lbs, just starting to count calories. What brand do you use? I'm on novolog.

Great app!

I'm 193cm (6'4") and dropped from 320lbs to 255lbs in a summer by tracking my intake and exercise. Here's what an average day looked like:

Breakfast: two eggs, grapefruit, green tea

45min workout: 20mins stationary bike (medium intensity), curls (55lbs per arm; 3 sets of 10 reps), 10 mins of stretches and abs.

Lunch: big ol salad with brined and seasoned roasted chicken on greens with no fat sour cream, salsa, and hot sauce.

Dinner: some kind of lean meat and veggies (summer was based for BBQ veggies)

I'm a fats0 again, though, as I've been a sedintary fuck during my masters.

This is really late but try lifting. Do a basic strength routine like Stronglifts 5x5. You will probably be able to exploit noob gains and make your body look better.

Also, maybe try high intensity interval cardio. Some people respond better to that.

Shit situation to be in, I feel ya.

I lost around 90 lbs, primarily through cardio and later with lifting added as well.

If anyone has any (basic) questions regarding nutrition, cardio or lifting, I can probably answer them.

being a sexless amorphous blob isn't happiness, it's called giving up on life

So funny to read this considering drinking is exactly what sparked my weight gain. I was 200 lbs and then got into 'craft beer' and was basically drinking a 25 oz stout (might as well be several slices of cake) several times per week. This got me up to 210 over a 3-4 month period. Feelsbadman

>over 5'5
>180lbs+

lmfao suck it fags, t1 5'10 and 150 hit the weights

6'0" and I weight 135 lbs. Is this unusually low or something? I still have at least half an inch of belly fat.

At age 22, I was 177cm/90kg, working out six days a week and looking good.

At 28, I look like skinny fat shit. No way I will have those arms again. Also might be an alcoholic.

You're a skinnyfat skellington. If you don't want to be super skinny forever you'll need to eat a lot of food and lift weights

sounds like you need to stop being a manlet

grow taller nigga

6'2" 300 lbs here.

>tfw everytime you start working to lose it you see something telling you what you are doing is incorrect so it demoralize you and you quit

That's not why you quit. You already wanted to quit. You just wanted an excuse

if you have any muscle on you then no 5'11 190 is not fat, you euroscum vegan hippie

Start exercising bro. Im 6 ft 230lbs and i look pretty good. I have a lot of lenience with my diet because i have a lot of muscle on me and need more caloriesas a result. Youd be surprised how much 10 min on an elliptical and 40 min of hard lifting will do for your body.

Ok you will have it easy because you haven't gone that far yet. Basically what you need to do is Eat Less.

Eat. Less.
youtube.com/watch?v=h-jy3OtZAss

I lost my weight from 220 to 175 by using this method. I did not eat meat when food had of carbs, and if i ate meat i did not eat carbs.
No exercise needed.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

End result is the same either way.

this
Just calculate the calories you burn daily and track them so eat at least 500 less a day. Doing that you'll burn at least 1 lb of fat a week. If you don't do that, don't blame anyone but yourself.