Anyone else here brew their own cider...

Anyone else here brew their own cider? I've got 12 bottles on the go and each one has enough sugar to get it to about 9-10% ABV providing the final gravity gets to about 1.000 or 1.010

Cheap as fuck and it doesn't taste too bad, if it's a tad dry I just back sweeten it with splenda.

The caps on the top are sold as EZ Caps in burgerland and shipped worldwide for like $15. They act like an airlock, letting pressure out and keeping the nasties out too.

I like your extreme-couponing lifestyle.

Where do you get those air lock lids, pal?

Google EZ Caps

What does that mean? There are no coupons here. Is it bad to buy toilet paper and nappies (diapers) when they're on special?

Bump

You drink too much soda but I got to respect the effort.

I've only got one gallon of cranberry mead brewing atm

I buy the soda bottles and tip them down the sink. They're the cheapest I can find at about $1 per each. I'm only interested in the bottles.

How does the cranberry mead taste?

Duuuude what the fuck are you doing not brewing in glass? Plastic can get micro scratches which will grow bacteria. You're probably fine this time but I highly recommend you start brewing in glass.

i feel like a sociopath when i see containers as 95% of the value of buying something. plastic/metal/glass containers are the pinnacle of mans achievement aside from agriculture etc, and i feel like im part of some secret whenever i find some product with a really cool bottle id like to have

stop it. there's not need to bump a thread one hour after the last post or less than two hours after it was created

No, my wife does the same thing though. Waits to exploit the stupidity of grocers/mass purveyors of goods by combining coupons and online offers to diapers, and other things. My son is 2, now toilet-training him, never once paid more than $2 for a large box of diapers. (100+ count).

Mirin that horde.

>I buy the soda bottles and tip them down the sink

This is actually the best use for soda. Any dark soda like regular coke or pepsi is a really great drain cleaner. If you have too much hair in your bathroom drains just pour a 2L down there. You'll be able to hear the hair disintegrate.

Can it be off brand like RC or store?

What is the method to doing this? I'd imagine coupons from the mailer and an online rebate or more online coupons?

How do I exploit the stupidity

I recycle 100% of the bottles, so no need to worry about that.

I've been pouring them down the kitchen sink but from now on I'll pour them down the shower drain in the hope it'll get rid of the hair my wife shreds every day. Thanks fallm

How long do you let them sit for? From bottling to serving?

Also, what "flavors" have worked well for you? And tasted good

7 days works well. It's enough time for the yeast to eat the sugar.

Tbh plain Apple jews is the best

When I was a kid I accidentally dissolved one of my sink's pipes from pouring too much old soda down it. It was pretty nasty, the seals just started dripping like crazy. When we pulled the U-bend piece out, we saw that the insides were lined with this weird bacteria/mold, like a weird film over the inner surface with all these long little dangly bits that would just be floating with their point towards the center.

I'm not from a 3rd world country so I can't really relate to that, sorry.

What do you think of my ciders so far?

I hope that's your basement or something OP, cause leaving those out in a trafficked area is really trashy.
So is leaving huge boxes of shit-pants and toilet paper, too.

>Captcha
>Ahuehuetes

looks like cum bottles dude fucking gross

>cum bottles
no shit, sherlock
on a related note, did jizzus make a comeback last christmas? i somehow forgot to check

It's my garage. It's where the shut pants, toilet paper and bottles of cider deserve to be.

Shit pants*