>break its claw off
>Return the live crab back to the ocean
>it grows a new claw

Delicious meat with no mortality
your move, vegifags

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130116195336.htm
science.howstuffworks.com/life/botany/plants-feel-pain.htm
geneticliteracyproject.org/2017/03/14/plants-may-experience-consciousness-different-way-humans/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have to imagine that's painful. Honestly killing a nearly braindead creature like a stone crab is probably more humane.

>I have to imagine that's painful.

You're right that you're imagining it. Their brain is the size of a peppercorn; they don't feel pain.

Right. And that little bit of brain function is reserved for higher functions like simple algebra. Why waste it on pain reception, or things that may lead to its imminent death.

So much logic here.

Look it up. They literally lack the "pain center" of the brain.

What little brain they have is used for motor control, finding food, etc. Like insects, they're basically little robots. They don't think or feel user.

Stop imagining and enter reality

Except they exhibit behaviour that occurs when exposed to pain

They laugh because the new claw is bigger and stronger

Which could be an automatic response like a reflex. A response doesn't necessarily mean it was pain-driven.

its the same thing with flies user. they have reflexive aversion to harm but don't have the same neural set-up that higher animals do that allows for the rather complex sensation of pain

what happens if you break off both and keep it as a pet?

Are crabs able to live out of water?

You have a clawless crab pet.

Depends on the crab. Some are 100% aquatic. Some can go in and out of the water but at least need to remain moist and need to return to the water often. Others are terrestrial and can live out of water.

it would be extremely painful

Does this violate the NAP?

Naw it's completely fine

Fun fact, crabs tear their own arms off. They don't feel pain.

Do AnCaps have a consensus view on animal treatment?

Forwhatpvrpose.jpg

Imagining isn't very helpful.
That's the assumption, though some would argue there's at least a chance they do have pain responses.

>sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130116195336.htm

no fap

Plants also react to negative stimuli, which can be interpreted as pain.

Reaction to pain is an automated response. It keeps you alive.

>Plants also react to negative stimuli, which can be interpreted as pain.

I need a source that isn't the debunked experiment with the lie-detector test.

What? You've never see a fern react to touch? Or a plant grow AWAY from too much sun? Or a slime mold move away from dryness? Prove to me this isn't a reaction to pain.

science.howstuffworks.com/life/botany/plants-feel-pain.htm

Fuck it, everyone should stop eating altogether! Animals feel pain, bugs feel pain, plants feel pain...

Sometimes when I eat bad food I get stomachpain. I guess I should just kill myself.

And grow another yourself

well actually their mortality rate is increased because they're wounded and have no claw for protection or fighting with other males

These reactions are easily explained, just look it up. Reflexes are not the same as nociception, avoiding damaging elements is not the same as nociception, even single celled organisms will avoid harm to some extent, I promise they cannot perceive pain

The point is that everything reacts to negative stimuli, which can be interpreted as pain. Which is what people who want to bitch about other people eating seabugs and various braindead fish want you to believe. So therefore, they should stop eating plants as well. And stop stepping on plants, and breathing since you're causing the painful death of billions of microbes as they get destroyed by your auto-immune functions.

In other words, they need to die so that these things will never be witnessed having "pain".

Exactly, the burden of higher thought is having too much time to worry about other living beings well-being.

You ever try sleeping but your arms are in the way and uncomfortable?

Stone crabs are like some other animals where they automatically shed a regrowing limb in order to escape a "fight" or some other danger. They can snap off their own claws as a survival instinct to escape danger! How it is then, by design, horrible to harvest them and at least give them a chance to continue living versus eating them whole.

Lizards can lose their tails to escape danger too.

Both animals do feel pain, but such is life.

>Look it up. They literally lack the "pain center" of the brain.
That's old knowledge. They're pretty sure about the pain sense now without the pain center. Crabs exhibit pain avoidance, and have opioid recepters. Just because they don't work exactly like we work, doesn't mean we don't make them suffer.

They live in the biggest prey-predator ecosystem of all. So, such is life!!

I'm a fishologist/crabologist and crabs don't feel pain, Veganfags deserve the death penalty.

i would rip off its claw, wait for a crab to grow from it
repeat
and then take over the world
with my crab army. Is that how it works?

>reduce defensive capabilities, increase nutritional requirements, decrease food gathering ability, increase chance of infection
>no mortality

You're thinking of starfish.

What if we farm them?

All me.

Kek

Fuck off faggot

>>break its claw off
*vegan gains crazyface*
*clicks switchblade open*
I'm going to RIP OFF YOUR ARM and MAKE IT MY WALLET

Predator then eats the arm and not the whole crab.

It's not really about being humane as much as it's about maintaining a population of mature, breeding-age crabs so you don't deplete the supply like we see with over-fishing.

> screaming internally at the knowledge that one has indiscriminately slaughtered millions of sentient plants

You monster.

You are a big crab

>Reflexes are not the same as nociception, avoiding damaging elements is not the same as nociception, even single celled organisms will avoid harm to some extent, I promise they cannot perceive pain
That's the point, you complete moron.

Reacting to harm isn't the same as feeling pain. That goes for plants as well as most lower animals.

It's still violating the NAP. You're lucky those crabs have yet to arm themselves with nukes.

For you

a stone crab body shell is rock hard. so is their claw shell, for that matter. A toothy predator fish has no way to eat a stone crab body - their mouths are too small and the stone crab body is too big. So the fish grabs the claw, the crab drops the claw and then grows another one back.

Come to think of it, anyone had iguana tail? I kind of wonder if gators can do the same thing.

liberal mentality to the max
>aw it would have a hard life
>should probably kill it out of sympathy
>abortions are justified because it would be inconvenient to have a child but how dare you eat meat

strike my claw down and it will come back more powerful than you can ever imagine

can you eat starfish? it occurs to me this would be an unlimited source of protein. basically meat fusion

Think we could convince vegans to eat fetus meat?

The harlequin shrimp feeds exclusively on the feet of starfish and urchins.

>unlimited source of protein. basically meat fusion
you do know that even starfish need food to survive?

geneticliteracyproject.org/2017/03/14/plants-may-experience-consciousness-different-way-humans/

THEY'RE CONSCIOUS NOW! :D

it isnt and wild crabs often cut their own claws to escape predators since they are shit tire at surviving