Broccoli

Broccoli

Personally, between the two of us, how do you prepare it before you eat it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=idGvS0pKiC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I roast it with garlic or chili

>Broccoli

Should you eat the leafy parts too?

>beans
>in chili

Kys

1. break it into fairly small pieces. the bits in the OP pic should each be broken in half or thirds.

2. pile it on a baking sheet lined with foil

3. sprinkle plenty of minced garlic over the top

4. drizzle it with olive oil

5. sprinkle it with plenty of pepper and however much salt you like

6. wrap up the foil so it forms a little bundle and put it into a 400 degree oven

7. check it in 15-20 minutes and you'll know when it's done when some of the buds are starting to turn brown/black and it's nice and wilted

8. pull it out and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it. add more salt/pepper if it needs it.

Optional- before it goes in the oven you can also add a pat of butter or two on top of the broccoli for more flavor- but obviously it adds more calories

Also optional- sprinkle some parmesan on it after you pull it out of the oven. I like it better without parmesan but some people seem to really like it.

I like snacking on it raw occasionally.

If I'm using it as a side for dinner I'll sautee it with butter and a little minced garlic

i like a little stalk, personally

Break apart, wash, steam it, then either dip or pour it with cheese

either steam it or bake it with olive oil and salt/pepper

pan fried with whatever I'm making usually.

Sounds delicious. Will give this a try

same

Coat in butter and roast for 25 mins

Multiple ways. It's so easy to make delicious. In a salad, steamed, saute with garlic, pepper and dash of salt, roasted, etc.

I could go on. Broccoli is my favorite vegetable.

Roasted at 425 for 12 minutes with quartered mushrooms of your preference and lightly seasoned in soy sauce and pepper.

Roasted with the rest of the veg, or stir fry on high temp not for long, with lots of sauce and spices

yea this is good. pretty much the same way I always do my asparagus.

Steam it in the microwave, using a steamer bag. Then drizzle olive oil, garlic powder, and salt. Simple but good, I like to retain that crunch.

This. So good. Love when it gets a bit charred.

I like raw broccoli salad with shaved carrots and raisins. Delicious.

Eat it raw.

Steam with a bit of water on the plate and covered with a damp paper towel. Salt, pepper, and a bit of hot sauce on half of it. Super good, healthy, relatively filling. I'm gonna go fucking apeshit on veggies tomorrow at the grocery store tomorrow. Super excited.

Under the broiler until tender with crisp roasty toasty bits. Minced garlic and olive oil.

Steam for a short time if I'm in a hurry, roast with brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes if I have time. May try roasting with garlic now, that sounds good

Steam the florets, then either roast or run through mandoline and deep fry the stalk.

Anyone who doesn't steam it are retarded. You lose nutrients when you cook it any other way but steaming it, and at that point you might as well just eat a plate of cheese.

What if I don't need to worry about it's nutrients?

Also, no nutrients are lost if you grill it, broil, it, or put it in a soup.

The only way you would lose nutrients would be if you boiled it and then threw away the boiling water. However if you boiled it and then you used the boiling water for something else (such as a soup) nothing is lost.

Pan fried in a little olive oil (or buttah), add garlic, soy sauce, and a lil' honey. Can't get enough of this shit!

I boil it.

1) wash
2) rip apart with bare hands
3) eat

what is this gif from

Steam it and smother it in cheese sauce.

Boil it, and drench it in Bearnaise. Or just dip it in mashed potatoes.

Pretty sure it's from the anime K-On.

>he doesn't know けいおん!
i'm afraid you don't belong on this website, go back to where ever you came from before it's too late

Do you guys eat the Broccoli stalks?

I feel like I'm getting ripped off paying for Broccoli when most of the weight is in the stem and i just throw it in the trash.

just boil/steam for a bit longer and peel a bit off before cooking

quite a bit of it, yes. it isn't that bad when you cut it in small pieces/ stripes or whatever

Read

Heat it up in the microwave

Steam it

>Cook for 8 minutes
>Place on a pan with a bit of olive oil
>In a separate bowl, mix rice vinegar, soy sauce and eel sauce.
>Let it reduce,

You can always sprinkle sugar to caramelize the juices, but personally, eel sauce does the deal.

almost exclusively raw, i'll even eat the stalk if i'm bored

steamed with cheddar melted on top is great too

youtube.com/watch?v=idGvS0pKiC4

I'm honestly happy with it steamed.

However roasted and it is genuinely delicious and not just satisfying.

Steamed with olive oil lemon and salt aka the holy trinity.