Cheese thread

Cheese thread

Cheddar is king. Most versatile cheese ever.

Cheddar is total shit. Try real cheese faggot

> I've never had real white, English cheddar

Yours must be a sad life

I worked in a cheese-shop during my summers a couple of years ago.
I tasted almost all of them, and this one was definately my favourite.

Sort of like parmesan. Somewhat the same consistency, a sharper taste, but with more and bigger protein crystals.

englishman here, you're definitely a bender

A "bender?" Like, a contortionist? I am not a twelve year old Chinese girl.

You English types need a better grasp on your own language, jeez

>hurr by pretending to be dumb i look smart

you can take your cheddar and shove it up your arse

What the fuck is jeez? Some kind of American cheese made from jizz?

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

I bet you don't even suck dick, you faggot.

DUDE I FORGOT EPOISSES EXISTED

I'm DROOLING

saved the pic, you are enlightened. i also love old gouda and feta. do you know pic related?

I've never had reblochon or epoisses. I'm not even sure if I've seen it. I'll look next time I'm in town.

Epoisses will change your idea of what cheese can be

I think you forgot your pic

I have some Vintage Gouda and Welsh Cave Aged Vintage Cheddar, both are great cheeses.

This is what a real Somerset cheddar looks like

>1.39MB
>Those compression artifacts

>old dirty cheese
yuck

It may surprise you, but in the civilised world, taste, texture, and smell are not considered defects

>People think it's okay to put cheddar on Italian or Mexican dishes
>People think it's okay to put cheddar on anything but American or British food

This

>tfw my brother puts cheddar on spaghetti bolognese

Cheeky kek

I worked in a deli and the amount of times I heard this hurts me.

Do they mean provolone?

extra mature cheddar,danish blue cheese are my fav

Who /swiss/ here

?Gouda is fucking goof

damn. I also love some feta/manouri/kefalotiri and smoked gouda (and emmental and gruyere)

Motherfucking fontina cheese is motherfucking king. Just overall creamy and everything provelone wishes it was. So fucking good.

>there are people here that don't eat the little pre-sliced sheets American cheese

American cheese is one of the seven wonders of the chemical world

and that's EXACTLY what makes it so good.
Anyone who doesn't eat it on the basis of it "not being real cheese" is in all honestly probably a god awful person on a moral level.

>Cheese thread
Minas cheese best cheese, those who have had the pleasure of trying it agree.

>People think it's okay to put cheddar on Italian or Mexican dishes
I put parmesan on spaghetti, should I be crucified for liking the melted parmesan on the tomato sauce that is boiling hot?

I agree that chedar would be disgusting though.

Parmesan is an Italian cheese you dinkus.

>Parmesan is an Italian cheese you dinkus.
Which explains why it tastes so daam good on my spaghetti!

Ever tried catupiry? It is pretty fucking good, and the taste is quite different from other creamy cheeses! It is specially good in pizza!

I don't think you understand. Parmesan is fine in Italian dishes because it's an Italian cheese and the dishes were created with said flavors in mind. Cheddar doesn't work with Italian because it's an English cheese and the dishes weren't designed to fit with the flavor profile of cheddar. Same goes for cheddar in Mexican food, or Parmesan in Mexican for that matter.

So no, you shouldn't be crucified for putting Parmesan on your spaghetti, but plenty of people put cheddar on it and they should be crucified for that.

>but plenty of people put cheddar on it and they should be crucified for that.
Agreed.

Where's smegma?

I adore goat cheese
I love it plain on crackers, but its also lovely stuffed in grilled chicken or in a quiche

They mean American, though I can see why you might be confused since almost every cheese is white

Brazilian hidden leaf sacred mountain cheese maker's cheese master race

ewww no thanks

You goddamn fool.
If one was aiming to create authentic italian dishes, then cheddad would be out of the question. But there are plenty of cheddar varieties (think long aged) that would work wonderfully in a pasta dish.
Having said this, there is obviously a necessity for a certain type of hard cheese for this use, and you won't catch me tarnishing a bolognese with brie.
Pleb

fuckin idiot

>long aged

It's called mature cheddar you hopeless yank pleb, and no it doesn't work in pasta, unless you're making an oven-baked pasta dish

Various hard blue cheeses

This. Aged/mature cheddar is silly to use for pasta because it melts so poorly.

American cheese is yellow though

>he doesn't slather his burgers in hot, delicious jeez

Idiot.

I mix real cheese with vegan cheese

Uhhh... orange?

as a kid i used to eat large chunks of cheddar cheese by themselves.

I still do that sometimes

I like how fancy cheese comes in small wedges at my local supermarket so I can pocket a different one every time I go

>Reblochon is banned in America thanks to the FDA being a bunch of assholes

I can make mozzarella at home. What besides unmeme'd milk do I need to do to make this?

>I can make mozzarella at home.

No you don't.

This shit tastes so good I can't believe it's not made by Hostess™

Kashkaval is a simple and underrated cheese. More of a long- used truck than a shiny new sports car.

One of the best desserts I've ever had was a piece of puff pastry with brie and some rasberry jam. The brie was warm and gooey, as was the jam. So fucking tasty, I wish deserts with brie were more popular

This was game day cheese in my house

That's a pretty bomb looking cheese ball. I'm guessing cream with cheddar and herb (dill?) and coated with almond? I had something similar for Christmas, and it was pretty awesome.

I'm pretty fond of smoked gouda, both for it's pleasantly firm but smooth and creamy texture and robust smokey flavour.

Had Raclette for dinner 4 nights ago. The house still smells slightly of feet, but damn was it worth it

Saint agur, bleu des basques, prestige, epoisse, brillat savarin with truffle
What the supreme gentleman should always have on hand

Even Americans hate that shit.

not necessarily, ask a guy from philly

Pic related is the only processed cheese I've ever liked.

always been a personal favorite of mine.
Apple Wood Smoked Gouda