Develop cooking skill

How do start?

Cook.

Require cooking skill?
The fuck do I know.
Just die.

What do I cook first

Food, preferably.

A neat trick with ramen is to put the ramen in a bowl and pour boiling water over the noodles. Don't stop there as you can empty the salt packet into the water too.

You aren't really cooking it, you are just adding water and heat to it.

put 2 eggs in once the noodles are soft
a little bit of green onion is great too much gets gross
I used to put a small dash of half and half to make it creamier
fish sauce is good but it might not work with the beef flavor because it's already so salty
a small bit of sesame oil
red crushed pepper at the end

Remember that you're trying to complement the ramen, not overpower it

That's what cooking is.

boiling shit is pretty easy

Add lemon-lime salt and crushed red pepper.

Use half the seasoning packet for less sodium

Yall are not too bright.

Add boiling water.

Drive down to golden chick
Buy this
And buy some season salt

Mix while Cooking
Delicious.

Just crack an egg into the water?

Each of those packs actually has two servings inside. Check the nutrition facts on the back if you doubt me. You're supposed to crack the noodle block in half and use half the flavor packet for each. If you've been eating a whole noodle block and seasoning packet every time you make it, you've actually been consuming a double serving and getting twice as much salt and carbs as what's listed on the nutrition facts.

That's 66% of your daily recommended amount of salt in one bowl.

Best option is to use half the flavor packet, or ditch it entirely in favor of a few dashes of soy sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, and powdered ginger.

The next thing is to spend a handful of bucks on some carrots, zucchini, or both. Kept in a clean fridge those fuckers are practically immortal, and all you have to do is dice some up and boil them with the noodles to take that shitty Ramen up to something that passes as actual food.

In short, lrn2poor faggot.

>daily recommended amount of salt
Dank meme brev

poorfags get out
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Correct.

>open Veeky Forums for first time in a year to ask this question
>literally first on the list of threads
why

Fry it in some spicy sesame oil after you boil it

Gain height
Get a clue
Have sex

Pretty sure most of the salt comes from drinking the broth

1) bring water to boil
2) add flavor packet
3) add noodles
4) cook at high heat for 3 minutes
5) pour into bowl
6) eat

Cooking the noodles in the boiling flavor packeted water imparts the noodles with the flavor of the ramen you're using. Helps a little with such a simple meal.

Yes, and the broth comes from mixing the water with the flavor packet. Hence my advice to either use half of the packet or just toss it.

Spanish smoked paprikA

Those recommended servings things are based on the Food Pyramid, which suggests 15 servings a day. The Food Pyramid is retarded, obviously, but "1 serving" is not intended to be 1 meal.

No-cooking skill fag here.

Depending on how hungry you are, throw 1 or 2 packs in a pan with the water and all the seasoning with a squirt of soy sauce and a fistful of chopped yellow onion.

Simmer and reduce until you have the desired amount of broth. More broth = more full feeling for poorfags.

Also, best flavor is Oriental Flavor (pic related)

If you''re feeling wild, you can mix mustard and mayo in with creamy chicken flavor for a savory deviled-egg like taste, adding paprika or pepper to taste.

If you put eggs in your ramen be sure to fully cook them on another pan or else they will have a shit texture.

Experienced cookfags rate my plebian dorm-cooking.

you cook the meat before adding it in, right?
pls no bully

people use the entire flavor packet? its pretty salty and flavorful enough with half of it in, and I eat the entire block

Who else /crush the noodles up, dump the flavor packet inside, and eat it dry/ here?

Here's what I do:
>don't buy maruchan ramen

>all the seasoning
>AND soy sauce
it's like you want your heart to explode

Muh nigga, shin ramyun is the SHIT. Never done this with maruchan/top ramen, but the results will probably be similar enough that it should work.

>get boiling pan, fill with water, wait until boiling
>stick ramen in without sauce, cook for 4-5 minutes
>stick vegetables in after 2-3 minutes, cheese after 3-4 minutes, continually stir
>once timer is up, drain out as much water as you want to get rid of, keep ramen and all the other shit you added into it inside the pan that you used to cook it, turn heat off but keep pan on the burner
>if you're going to put in eggs, put them in now
>stir stir stir stir
>after about a minute and a half, egg should be cooked enough
>put ramen in bowl, now add flavoring packet
>enjoy
Doesn't hurt to put soy sauce in with the vegetables directly into the water, but just know that a lot of it will probably go out with the water when draining. That being said boiled soy sauce tastes amazing.

And cheese in ramen is delicious. Don't knock it till you try it. It just makes it more rich. But for the love of god don't use processed cheese. Or do. Just...yeah.

There's that mystery about Top Ramen, that if you cook one packet with one full packet of seasoning, it will taste rich. But cook 2 packets with 2 packets of seasoning, it will be bland unless you reduce the fuck out of it.

Learned a lot of good tips here as a non-cookfag, but why would you drain packaged ramen rather than reduce?

I tried cheese in ramen, it just doesn't work.

It's hardly a mystery. You're just using too much water when you cook two packs.

What exactly is "Oriental flavor"?

I put the seasoning packet into a pot, set the heat to medium high, and start boiling water in a separate kettle. Take sesame seeds and pound them with the handle of a knife. You'll know when to stop. Put the sesame seeds into the pot with the seasoning, to allow it to toast.
Next, add some kind of liquid seasoning to integrate the powder into a thick sauce. You probably have a packet of soy sauce in a drawer by the sink. That's fine, but recently, I've been partial to rice wine vinegar or oyster sauce recently. Add a spoonful to the pot and stir with chopsticks. If you have a vegetable or some shit like that, chop large chunks and throw into the pot. Once the water is done boiling, add noodles and pour boiling water on top. Stir constantly, trust your nose on what seasonings to add. After 5 minutes, the noodles will be completely limp, and your vegetables will be soft enough to cut with chopsticks. Pour into bowl and serve.

Soy sauce

Depends on the meat. I cook boneless chicken thighs in the boiling water (with the flavor packet already added) before adding the noodles. Boiling meat isn't usually the best way to cook it, but if you're going for a lazy ramen meal I see no reason to do anything else with it.

While it's boiling. It'll cook in the water. Let it sit in place (don't stir) if you want big chunks of egg white and a cooked yolk. Stir if you want the egg yolk spread throughout the broth and small bits of egg white.

Personally my favorite way to make upgraded top/maruchan ramen is to fry tofu cubes in vegetable oil, and then add that to the dish along with green onions, pepper flakes, bean sprouts, and shredded carrot. Alternatively, sometimes I'll cook the ramen with no seasoning, and then fry it in sesame oil and coat with soy sauce.

Mostly just try shit out. Don't worry about doing stuff the 'wrong' way (unless you're undercooking meat or something unsafe), just try shit out until you find something you like the taste of.

>not sauteing the onions first
Oh boy, I love the taste of raw onion in my soup.

Odd thing a friend introduced me to. Take beef or oriental ramen (or whatever flavor you like best, who cares) and make it as normal. In a toaster oven melt and brown some slices of cheddar cheese on top of sliced bread. Buy an actual loaf of bread, not the kind you'd normally use for toast or sandwiches. Usually I just buy whatever sourdough they bake at the local grocery store. After the cheese is getting crispy on top, use it to soak up the broth and eat it. It's like a shitty pain au jus.

Drain the water, add Sesame seed oil, Soy sauce, and a little bit of Parmesan

I've always added the packet after I've poured the noodles into the bowl, stirred, then poured in the boiling water.

This is how you do it user

I saute onions and garlic with a bit of the flavor pack, cook the noodles, add an egg just before serving, and top it with scallions. Shin Raymun is already plenty spicy and I doubt adding any other seasonings would benefit it at all.

drain, add flavor packet, tuna, eggs, cheese, tapatio, peas
then eat a bullet

this, eggs and green onions added to ramen are delicious

>The next thing is to spend a handful of bucks on some carrots, zucchini, or both. Kept in a clean fridge those fuckers are practically immortal,

>zucchini
>immortal

I literally just threw out some zuchinni I had in my fridge since it turned to shit after 2 weeks.

Just drink more water then.

Boiling the onion with the rest of the mix blanches them and mellows them out while allowing them to absorb flavor.