Indian Street Food On Youtube

I just started watches these. I love watching them cook these exotic (to foreigners) foods and I can understand how people love to watch but it gets millions of views. It's crazy. There are videos from china, thailand and other asian countries. How come there isn't as much street food in other places? Even with food regulations, there are street vendors and taco trucks but they don't get the same views.

I was thinking of making similar videos but in urban cities (ie the corn man, street tacos, fruit stand man). Do you think it would garner interest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mPne-q4ynts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I was thinking of making similar videos but in urban cities (ie the corn man, street tacos, fruit stand man). Do you think it would garner interest?

You're going to need a permit, lad. Which are getting harder and pricier. Though I don't know what state you're in.

Come across any nice looking balti recipes? Planning to make a nice curry but none of the recipes I've found on google seem that inspiring.

Permit for youtube videos? That sounds crazy. I can understand the people cooking not wanting to be in the videos (just film the food not faces) or having to tip them extra if they agree.

Not that educated in indian cuisines unfortunately. All I know is butter chicken. :(

>Permit for youtube videos?

Permit for filming commercial content within the city limits. The concept originated with cities wanting to get a slice of the action when holywood movies were filmed there, but technically the law applies elsewhere too.

Just introduce yourself to the vendor ask them if you can record them making your meal so you can promote them on youtube. Call it 'eating my way across NYC' or something gay like that.

Here in Portland OR there are tons of food trucks, some of them with truly great food. The difference is that here in Portland the food is cooked in self-contained kitchens, whereas the food you see in youtube videos is cooked out in the open. It is almost performance.

And where did you learn your butter chicken? Could I get a decent balti recipe there too?

A Balti is a restaurant dish and a British restaurant dish at that. You won't find an exact Indian version like you do for CTM (butter chicken). I would just go to the place you like getting a balti from and ask them for their recipe or to take a look at them making it during lunch or when it's not busy.

That's not a thing everywhere, and it's a lot less loosely enforced than you think.

As a film student in LA, I can tell you that the city will fuck you over with fines if they catch you making a movie without paying your proper dues, but filming a food vendor with your phone or even a small camera isn't even reviewed. Literally nobody cares if you go and do that.

OP, streetfood vendors don't make enough money, that's why.

youtube.com/watch?v=mPne-q4ynts

Having a poo next to the motorway? In India?

Most first world cities are built for cars which tends to make street vendors obsolete.

does anyone have any recipes for any good street vendor foods that don't include hepatitis

Bullshit. All of the most desirable cities, at least in the US, are pedestrian friendly.

sprawl city flyover detected

Who the fuck cooks food on the toilet

DESIGNATED

>How come there isn't as much street food in other places?
There is, just not where you live.
Many european and north african cities have street food traditions. It doesn't get as many videos or views on youtube because it's not exotic.

Good one

Indian """""""""""people"""""""""""""

>eating ANYTHING in India
A superbug bred from the Ganges cesspool is inevitably going to wipe out most of the human population. Like cockroaches poo-in-loos will inherit the Earth, the biggest toilet of all.

so they really do eat where they piss and shit wow lol