Grow coffee in Ethiopia

>grow coffee in Ethiopia
>it tastes like ass
>plant the exact same plant in Panama
>it tastes amazing
What more proof do we need that Central America and Colombia are the best coffee growing regions on earth?

I feel sorry for people who pretend to like African coffees. It's like the Daterrafags who legitimately think they're being "quirky" by pretending to like coffee from Brazil, except even worse because the Africafags actually think there's nothing provocative about their assertion that African coffee is good.

Maybe they just needed a lighter roast?

coffee is a meme

Memes are a meme is a meme.

But African coffee is pretty good if you enjoy its acidic and fruity flavor profiles. I prefer both Sumatrin and African coffees to South American ones.

you sucking cock is a meme, but also many such stories. sad.

Heck yeah. I got introduced to Ethiopian Limu region coffee through Starbucks' reserve program and it's fucking amazing. Light citrusy roast. Makes a phenomenal cold brew. The Ethiopian Yegecheffe region is also great too, though a bit darker.

african ''''coffee'''' fans confirmed starbucks drinkers

>drink coffee

What more proof do you need that OP is tasteless?

I really like ethiopian coffee

Aw, babby got a rash from the buttfluster.

Colombian coffee is still the best. if you disagree you are wrong

>>plant the exact same plant in Panama
Maybe you are confusing arabica and robusta

>he thinks gesha is robusta
What part of flyover land are you living in?

I think you are indeed confusing varietals from Ethiopia and Panama, if you are making comparisons on growing conditions only.

>damage control mode activated
When will flyovers admit that their starbucks '''coffee''' preferences are irrelevant and backwards?

>Colombian coffee is still the best. if you disagree you are wrong
If you take it down to estate coffees, you're going to find the volcanic higher altitudes are handling the global warming issue better.

There's a reason blue mountain, costa rican and kona coffees have been popularly top mild coffees since the 60s, they were high altitude, volcanic soil and cool evenings.

It's good for roses too, which is a top Colombian export. There are entire airlines that are financed by flower exports from Colombia.

This magic coffee bean in your picture has been gracing costa rican tables for decades. Congrats on discovering it in 2016 and thinking you've found the fountain of youth. Marketing it cool!

>This magic coffee bean in your picture
Is this a Veeky Forums gold feature?

>implying it's anything to do with what continent it's grown on and not purely the result of Ethiopian coffee farmers being fucking idiots with no grasp of long term investment or foresight

>handling the global warming issue

No he's implying a costa rican varietal only grown in the high altitudes, a costa rican bean that was introduced to panama is anything at all like varietals in ethiopia!

He's an argumentative idiot of troll status.

Protip OP, you can buy the same coffee for 1/5th the price from costa rica. You just need to know someone who lives there to bring you some. Now who is a starbucks idiot?

Robusta is the superior bean

>>handling the global warming issue
Colombian coffee yield declines each year by the millions of pounds.

Nobody in any coffee growing region has any clue what they're doing, including Latin America. Take that guy bragging about "gracing costa rican tables" for instance, they just burn it and sell it in vacuum pre-ground bags like the eye-talians (who also like to talk big about their shit taste in coffee), they may have gold right under their noses but they're not gonna notice unless someone else comes along and points it out.

Coffee growing is about taking random happenstance in third world countries, mixing in the chaos and confusion of international commerce, and praying for the best. Just try going to any coffee-producing country and looking for a good cup. You won't find it. Seems strange to a first worlder but these are strictly export industries. Like the ladies operating the push-buttons at Oak Ridge in the atomic bomb project, the folks at the base of the pyramid really have no concept of the big picture, they just do as they're told.

Global warming is fake news.

Where do you think the coffee shrub originally came from kid?

Protip: it wasn't costa rica

The geisha varietal came from costa rica.

If you don't understand varietals, why are you acting like you know something about this topic whatsoever?

That's one of the most adorable things I've ever heard, but you were lied to. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news

>Just try going to any coffee-producing country and looking for a good cup. You won't find it.
Just not true. I think you travel in hostels? Well, I don't.
>Seems strange to a first worlder but these are strictly export industries.
Mostly true. But, in the case of Costa Rica, this a shit ton of first worlders living up the expat life, and not afraid to drink coffee that costs more than locals consider worth it or that locals can get at the grocery. When it comes to estate coffees, you get them the same way locals get them, you go there, or know someone who knows the finca. It's not all exported.

I'm convinced you're a troll now. You're not talking to a kid. I'm a pilot and a sailor. I've likely been in more places than you in coffee growing regions of this world. You've said nothing nothing intelligent about coffee whatsoever. You're likely mesmerized by prices. I'll tell you that when you drink great cofffee, you'll stop thinking a single one of them is really that magically better than other great coffee from good estates. An epicure knows it's like wine, there are 100s of acceptable and differently delicious beans, as long as they are all freshly roasted and match your preferences for acidity and roast, you're going to find they aren't ranked like reviewers would have you believe. A good amount of coffee is awesome, on the ground in the third world conditions and exported both.

>tl;dr I'm dos equis man and totally not a backpacker
Sure thing friend. Unfortunately for your attempt at role playing, unlike you I know the difference between good product and local pride, and I don't take local braggadocio at face value as you seem to have done with costa ricans and "their" gesha. Travel a bit more, you'll eventually realize everyone, everywhere, thinks their shit doesn't stink. It takes life experience to separate the talk from the substance. Something you obviously lack.

You can take the best beans in the world and it won't do you any good unless the roaster knows what he's doing. Funny you should mention wine, it's the same deal there. Just look at california. All the potential in the world but most of it gets ruined with new oak and mega purple because climate and soil are, sadly, not the only part of the equation. The objectivity of being an outsider helps a great deal there. Never ask a californian for wine advice, you'll get syrah sold as pinot noir and they'll blubber something about how they out-burgundied burgundy.

At any rate, I'm off to work, but I look forward to more "facts" from the costa rica national expat relations board being typed up as god's own truth, it should make for amusing reading.

this is samefag

>You can take the best beans in the world and it won't do you any good unless the roaster knows what he's doing.
Yea, duh.
Yet your magical geisha beans are awesome for the lightest mildest preference coffee fans. It's like the lite version of Dunkin Donuts.
REAL coffee for a real coffee drinker? That's pretty debatable.

Where do you think the potato came from, kid? Do we consider Peruvian potatoes the best in the world? Fuck no.

Where do you think corn came from, kid? Do we consider Mexican corn the best in the world? Fuck no.

Just because it originated somewhere, doesn't mean you can only get the best of it there.

Jesus dude are you really going to suggest that Bt feed corn is better eating than landrace tuxpeño or some such thing?

Higher yields are totally unrelated to end-user experience, if you think otherwise just drink your burned rubber tasting robusta commodity beans

A skilled cupper can work with a green bean and figure out how to extract its maximum flavor and nuance by playing with roast heat and time, washes, batch size, etc.

I tend not to like african coffees because i like the floral and citrus more than i like the earthiness. But i had a cup of barramundi the other day that was exquisite - another roaster cupped beans from the same batch and it tasted like melted raisins.

>TL;DR a good copper can make quality beans from any region taste pretty good

>tries to have a rational conversation

>replies with ad-hominem attacks and pretends he wins without even making a solid argument or saying anything of any value

the site is 18+

You have to go back.

That's because OBAMA and HILARY hired a bunch of MUSLIM COMMUNISTS to go and STEAL THE BEANS to promote the NWO.
Don't be such a fucking LIBTARD you KEK, how blind can you be?

back to norway? sorry for knowing spanish on Veeky Forums, pepe. I forgot not being ignorant = cultural marxism

But mexican corn is better

having a rational conversation starts with both parties having a rudimentary understanding of what words mean

when one side is arguing that gesha is an attack helicopter as a "refutation" of a statment about terroir, there is not much common ground for having a conversation

but nice attempt at deflection, again

Coffee growers can't afford the products they sell.

Gesha was not developed in Costa Rica

It's an Ethiopian bean, that happened to find success in Central America by accident because Central America has water with which to properly process the harvest

In the future, when someone uses words you don't understand, it's better to shut up and learn

ok, enjoy your nasty potato skin flavors, to each his own

>Starbucks

It's the same with cacao, but I think it has more to do with how it's processed.

Processing is key for coffee though. The reason coffee plants produce better tasting coffee in the Americas is very much because of processing