Do you ever use store bought spaghetti sauce? This is okay

Do you ever use store bought spaghetti sauce? This is okay.

What the fuck else would I use? You think I have a tomato garden, a spice rack, and the patience to make 3 different forms of TOMATO??

pasta sauce is a huge pain in the ass to make, it's not worth the effort

Are you guys kidding me? Tomato sauce is so easy and this canned shit tastes like garbage.

>pomi chopped tomatoes, little box
>6oz tomato paste
>1 sweet onion
>white wine
>salt
>garlic powder
>chopped basil if you're feeling fancy

chop the onion, saute in olive oil with salt and garlic powder until translucent. Add enough wine to cover onions (never cook with a wine you wouldn't drink), wait like 10 minutes, add tomato paste and stir, add chopped tomatoes and basil if you want. Put on low and simmer while you cook some pasta. My nonna's recipe.

mix ingredients in a pot and leave for a few hours?

This is the only bottled pasta sauce I genuinely liked but they completely reformulated it and took out the wine.

All I do is put olive oil in a sauce pan, then heat it high and give the tomato paste and garlic (half the tomato paste) a couple of minutes. Dump in pureed tomatoes, beef stock (half the tomatoes), pepper, a teaspoon of sugar and a fuck loads of "italian herbs" from a shaker.

Then i leave it simmering for as long as I can.

I make Bolognese using that as the sauce and it's amazing.

Prego is too watery for my taste.

This stuff is bomb

>be American
>name pasta sauce "you're welcome"

The arrogance...

>What the fuck else would I use?

>Onion
>Carrot
>Celery

Dice fine, saute in olive oil until soft, add salt/pepper.

Add:

>Garlic
>Dry thyme, oregano, basil

Saute 1 minute, then add:

>Can of dice and crushed tomato
>Chicken or veal stock
>Red wine

Saute:
>Italian Sausage or meatballs or whatever meat you want

Add the above

Simmer 2 hours to reduce

Done.

>took out the wine

Wow, what a bunch of queers.

This is better

Aw yeah man, this shit right here.

poorfag student here.

i consume about 2 cups of prego everyday.

i fry up some mushrooms, 1/4 of a sweet onion, garlic, a slice (or if i'm feeling generous two or three slices) of fresh tomatoes, and sometimes 4-5 zucchini slices. then i tip in about 1 or 2 cups of prego depending on how much pasta i've cooked and basically just heat my ghetto sauce.

i hope in the future to use whole tomatoes for my sauce because i really like chunky stuff.

>i really like chunky stuff.

I hope one day you meet a woman who feels the same way

>I hope one day you meet a woman who feels the same way

w-why?

are you implying i'm fat?

i dont know how much i weigh, but my waist size is 28, maybe 26 at about 5'6". i think i'm pretty skinny fat, but definitely not skellington or baron chunky.

I usually mix this with the spicy tomato a basil for the best sauce I've had.

>This is okay.

OP do you mean "Prego is okay" or do you mean "it's okay to use store bought sauce?"

too much sugar, ruins the tomato acidity, the part i like

maybe hes implying women are too lazy to chew, im probably reaching a bit, ha, pls dont call me a sperg

>maybe hes implying women are too lazy to chew

u wot

is this some new cu/ck/ meme

Kek what a manlet

Store bought spaghetti sauce is fucking bland garbage though.

Perfect and fast spaghetti sauce:

- sauté 1 whole onion and 4 gloves of garlic in BUTTER until translucent.
- Add san marzano tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes and add salt & pepper to taste

but if i was tall, i wouldn't be able to pass off as a girl (male) with a feminine penis

>feminine penis

your /d/ is showing, m8

>simmer 2 hours
There's the only problem. I don't always have time to simmer a sauce for two hours. It's great when I can, but sometimes you just want to heat up some bottles sauce and get the day over with.

Why? You can make infinitely better stuff from canned tomatoes in 30 minutes. There is absolutely no point in buying ready made sauce.

Hell i have never even seen anyone buy those things.

I use one of pic related. The silver palate stuff is pretty good but expensive.

>gf is prego
>we like to get kinky anyways
>one night things get particularly saucy
>i'm sticking my noodle in her when I notice weird fucking chunks coming out, so I turn on the lights
>wtf it's red everywhere and she's obviously not on her period
>i look up at her, she's got a glassy, jarred look on her face and she's not answering
>oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit
>i rush her into my car and speed all the way to the hospital
>she's still bleeding everywhere
>by the time we get there, she's not bleeding much more, but all color has drained and she looks colorless and almost transparent
>oh fuck, she looks like she's in a vegetative state
>storm into to the emergency room, carry her to the nearest doctor and explain everything
>he takes one look at her and says
>"sir, i'm sorry, there's nothing we can do"
>"WHY THE FUCK NOT???"
>"we don't operate on empty jars of spaghetti sauce"
>mfw

I only ever eat alfredo sauce, so yes.

Normies use them because they legitimately don't know how to make sauce and anything more complicated than boiling, baking, or microwaving intimidates them.

Patricians use them because it's fast and actually pretty good if you buy the right stuff.

>pasta sauce is a huge pain in the ass to make, it's not worth the effort

Are you retarded.

Literally tomato sauce plus whatever herbs, spices and veggies you want in it; mix and simmer for an hour or so.

Why are you on a cooking forum you stupid shit fuck peice of god damn shit i hope you fucking die fuck you die god dman peicadskj;ladsf

patrician sauce

What's the point of simmering tomato sauce for hours and hours? I can understand if you're making "sunday gravy" where you want a bunch of meat to flavor the sauce but otherwise I don't really get it

Anyone here make tomato gravy?
I vastly prefer tomato gravy to sauce.

>I only ever eat alfredo sauce, so yes.

Why though? Alfredo is probably the easiest and the fastest of all the pasta sauces to make.

It reduces the sauce to concentrate the flavor.
The long slow simmering improves the texture

...and isn't "sunday gravy" an example of a tomato sauce?

there are some good canned sauces but they're hard to come by. Costco had a good one at one point but it's too salty for me now, so I just make my own. It's almost braindead easy anyway, I just make it while boiling pasta or cooking the meat.

This is the best jarred sauce

>there are some good canned sauces but they're hard to come by.
Where the fuck are you shopping? I've tried more good sauces than bad.

this is a food AND cooking forum. you are in a thread about food.

I hope this was original. If so, 10/10

You just have low standards and/or a lack of a really good sauce for comparison.

It's not.

It's not. Been a meme for years now. A personal favorite of Redditors everywhere.

I just use it as a base, adding my own fresh onions, garlic, greens, mushrooms, cheese, worcestershire, butter, and red wine.

I don't like sauces with a strong onion flavor and most canned sauces do. It's a personal preference. When I make sauce I only use garlic, canned tomatoes from Costco, salt, some form of Italian herbs (usually oregano or basil, but marjoram/thyme will do), and olive oil. Maybe sugar if the tomatoes are really really acidic.

>store bought spaghetti sauce?

Why would you ever consider that? Open a couple of cans of tomatoes, add some oil or butter and spices, maybe some anchovies... store bought spaghetti sauce?

ITT: Anons pretending they make sauce from scratch every single time to look cool on the internet.

No, I do it because it tastes better. Looking cool on the internet is impossible on an anonymous forum. Besides which, since when does basic cooking make someone "look cool". It's just fucking pasta sauce. Babby's first recipe.

lol this

>what's the difference between them?
>UHHH LMAO baby food!

It's either retards or a spoiled millennial

Yeah, but I treat it as a ordinary tomato sauce which is ok for a cheap and quick thing to throw on after a long day at work.

My own spaghetti bolognese sauce is so much nicer, but takes ages to make. Pity I can't make them and freeze them without them losing their flavour.

Yeah but that's what I love about Veeky Forums. I love how everyone here pretends like all their produce is garden-grown and all their meals are made from scratch.

I can believe that somebody might make sauce sometimes, and buy sauce the rest of the time. I can believe that somebody would buy sauce all of the time. But you are so shit at cooking that you can't believe anybody would use their own sauce, made fresh or prepared in advance, every time. Jesus Christ get a clue.

Don't forget using secret family recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation that makes their food so much superior to everyone else's. A recipe which we, of course, improved.

I would never claim that I don't eat pre-made processed crap sometimes, but pasta sauce isn't one of those things. It literally takes 10 minutes to prepare and you can jar it yourself. I'm wondering what your cooking skills are like that you find it so unlikely that people simmer their own tomatoes.

Making sauce is easy. That's why lots of people make their own. But it's also why lots of store-bought sauces taste fine.

Damnit. Kinda felt reddit-y. Sigh. I'll go get the upboats now. :(

It's okay, just have some le delicious bacon to cheer yourself up, fellow redditor.

autismspeaks.png

anyone that puts carrot and celery into marinara, or any pasta sauce, NEEDS TO BE FUCKING KILLED.

it's actually pretty good

dude, it's time to stop posting. this is not the right board for you. go back to /tv/ or where ever you came from

because it's fucking good. what the fuck are you going to do with a can of tomato and anchovies? fuck off faggot, you don't know shit about how to cook a meal. you don't even make sense.

this.

and pro-tip: less than 1% of all posters on CK can actually make a better sauce than prego or what the fuck have you.

What kind of a fucking shitstain doesn't even make his own tomato sauce? How shit are you at cooking that you can't do that AND have such shit taste to eat that bland, sugary garbage?

It's not like the shit doesn't freeze well you manchildren.

bolognese freezes perfectly you lying fuck

guaranfuckingtee you that you can't make a sauce half as good as prego.

guaranfuckingtee it.

Maybe yours does because it has no flavor to lose.

Make a big batch and freeze it in zip lock bags
Not hard

Bacon is EPIC!!!! :):):)

Prego is absolute garbage you sugar-addicted faggot.

oliveoil-->add onion and spices--->add tomatoes and whatever you want

making your own sauce is just fucking basic, and canned tomatoes are a staple pantry ingredient, a sauce that tastes better than any storebought is done in fucking 10 minutes.
Ofc i also ate the shitty readymade sauces in college and uni, but it was pure fucking laziness and not knowing any better, i would never ever buy it again since i know how to cook, there are a million things id rather eat with my noodles, aglio oli, carbonara, basic redsauce, fresh vegetables, sagebutter, anything in my fridge from bluecheese to olives, if you cant cook a pastasauce in the time it takes to cook pasta you are lazy and a worthless cook

it's not that bad. it's all right. but i know for a fact you can't do better.

you sound like someone who has never even made a marinara

making your own sauces is for fucking poor people. how can your time be worth so little that you actually spend all that time making a mediocre sauce that someone else can do better and cheaper.

100% agree on carrots
Could tolerate tiny bits of celery, just because it's flavorless enough to not notice sometimes.

>mr Prego-isn't-trash being the authority on home made tomato sauce

Ya blew it.

Yes, cooking is for poor people! Just use pre-made garbage like the patrician you are!

id ask you for your recipe but seeing you eat prego as a "quick thing" i wont bother hearing about your abomination that looses its flavour in your dirty freezer

it's not garbage.

i could out-cook you so hard your head would fucking spin, faggot.

prego has more 'flavour' than anything you've ever cooked you faggot cuck brit.

>id ask you for your recipe but I probably couldn't handle it so I'll make this passive-aggressive post instead because I'm too much of a pussy to confront people even when there's no chance that they can punch me IRL.

This thread is gayer than me and I jerked off to another man masturbating earlier today

i couldnt handle your recipe?
hearing your recipe = confronting you?
Stop smoking crack
theres nothing to be gained here for me, but go ahead type it out and prove what a clueless pregosissy you are

>theres nothing to be gained here for me

If that were true you wouldn't have even started posting, let alone continued.

theres something gained from shitposting shitposters, im lying in my bed naked touching myself to the thought of an angry collegekid stuffing their fat acneriddled face with conveniencefood, thinking he is the supreme gentleman
when it comes to cooking?- im more interested in telling you that you suck than in hearing how you mix mince,tomatoes and cream and call it le bolognese

>theres something gained from shitposting shitposters

Which is exactly why I'm responding to you.

There's nothing like squeezing (you)s out of a fedoralord who can't tell the difference between fresh and frozen food.

You're a stupid faggot defending jarred tomato sauce, I doubt you could do a damn thing.

because it's not that fucking bad, you moron. you don't look cultured, or patrician, or rich, or educated, or smart, or discriminating, because you think prego is 'bad sauce', because it's not 'bad', it's 'average', and 99% of Veeky Forums is 'below average', and you know what? average is fucking acceptable, because it's JUST FUCKING FOOD, and it's not that big of a deal. god you fake-ass hipsters are just embarrassingly retarded. for your information i worked in a professional scratch bakery for five years and was close friends with my boss, who was a five star cruise liner chef, and whom invited me to his home several times and we cooked together, and over years he imparted much wisdom to me - i am a highly competent cook and can in fact make better sauce than comes out of a can, unlike 99% of you. but you know what? the canned sauce is STILL PRETTY DECENT.

It's okay... You don't have to play pretend here, Mary.

stop fucking posting, you fucking faggot. nobody, NOBODY thinks more of you, mr anon12039871094278, because you pretend you're too good to eat canned sauce. you just come off as a faggot.

Hey, you're the one on a cooking board who uses fucking Prego instead of making their own sauce. You dumb shit.

It's not like we're talking about canned tomatoes here. Jarred tomato sauce. Pleb.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>pleb

really? after i've told you that you don't seem patrician for hating on canned sauces, you still try to act as though you're patrician for hating on canned sauces, even though you're actually not and all this reveals is that you felt the need to inform strangers that you don't like canned sauces, which most likely indicates that you probably do but feel really fucking poor right now and if i tell you that you're discriminating for hating canned sauces, you'll feel a little better?

and you have to lie? you have to pretend things about ME, some random person, in order to have your fucking fantasies where you don't fill your maw with trash on a daily basis because that's what is fit for you? that's fucking pathetic. i can make amazing sauces. most of the time it's not worth my time. because prego is fucking OK.

and nothing you can say can change that fact. that's the flaw in your argument. prego actually isn't disgusting. it's not terrible. it's not great or amazing. it's ok. it's normal. it's average. it's something that you can eat when you're hungry and it'll nourish you. it's not fucking muriatic acid and nigger semen. it's not thumbtacks and mud. it's tomatoes seasonings salt and sugar. basically it's a marinara tomato sauce. does it have more sugar than is optimal, perhaps? maybe, depending on your taste, sure. so fucking what? it's not that bad. it's alright. and there's plenty of legitimately decent canned sauces out there.

it's more likely you just fucking eat mcdonalds and dispense with pasta altogether because of fucking memes and you don't know how to make sauce and you're 'too good for prego' while you eat a fucking mcchicken.

am i right?

>hurr durr jarred tomato sauces are fine
>now let me sperg out with multiple posts and paragraphs

I mean, if you like to be an utter no-taste bitch-boi, then I guess I can see where you're coming from...

>91 replies
>no mention of marie's homeade tomato sauce
for shame

>4 cheese sauce
>tomato
U wot m8

so, correct: you don't know what you're talking about, you have a poor persons palate, and you're retarded. got it.

all because you don't want to look poor. although you are. 'canned sauce is disgusting i can't eat it bleach!' your diet probably consists of quite a few things worse than canned tomato sauce.

and you're either fat, drug-addicted, or have no friends.

>you have a poor persons palate

Coming from the one literally defending poverty-tier housewife fare. You can be as verbose and ad hominem as you want, but it won't disguise your plebbiness.

>I don't have time to simmer a sauce for two hours.

You're browsing an anime image board right now, and posting for that matter. The only person you're fooling into believing you're a classic busy-body is you.

If I feel like saving a few bucks I will. At most I'll just add some seasonings and vegetables

My family makes a giant batch of tomato sauce and splits it between everyone once a year and that's what I use for sauce. Feels good being a wop desu